Author Topic: Nintendo *swiqu swiqu* Switch revealed or something like that  (Read 56345 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: So anyone even care about the next thing from Nintendo? (NX)
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2016, 10:00:29 am »
Here's a video

https://vid.me/qBwt

Two of the amiibos are pretty redundant and are more of a case of "since you already have them". Another one adds a super hard mode on top of an already hard mode in the game, and the wolf amiibo that comes with the game adds a challenging trial similar to one already in the game, but you can only use the wolf the case.

I like the latter 2 additions, sucks that I need amiibos for them :) Wont buy
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 10:02:09 am by CrazyT »

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2016, 10:32:37 am »
I just roll my eyes when I see DLC type stuff like this. I have no interest. It's a shame though. I honestly thought Nintendo would be one of the few companies to do DLC right (where it's actually desired and worth it), but alas no.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2016, 11:18:22 am »
Me personally i've managed to hold back to most if not all of those awful developments. Its sad  that some have become generally accepted. For example everytime my enthousiasm reaches highs to jump on one of the next gen consoles, I get reminded of paid online, which then makes a good case for me to wait it out a bit longer.

I wish Nintendo would just make an f2p amiibo game to give every amiibo at least a lot more worth in any case. Now it just feels like exploitation.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2016, 11:22:29 am »
I've only purchased the Sonic amiibo and the Mario 30th anniversary amiibo and plan to get Bayonetta. That's it, and I only bought them because I like the characters and or designs. I refuse to buy amiibo because it will unlock gameplay stuff. That's just stupid.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2016, 12:19:23 pm »
You don't own a Dreamcast!? Get one now man!

I would if I can get one cheap but I can't find one at the moment between £30-£40 yet.

Regarding Nintendo, although I didn't really own many games during their SNES, N64 era, I do like what they did on the Gamecube/Wii despite a lack of third party games. I guess they cater to my taste as they tend to make more single player experiences and the few third party games they do get tend to be very good.

The Amiibo stuff is awful though, I wish the EU stomped down on the practise they are doing.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2016, 09:36:29 am »
I've only purchased the Sonic amiibo and the Mario 30th anniversary amiibo and plan to get Bayonetta. That's it, and I only bought them because I like the characters and or designs.

You just listed up the only reason why literally *everyone* buys amiibos. This is why Nintendo is making mad bank. No one actually cares about the gaming aspect of them, they just like *having* them. They're not obligatory to actually play the games they're associated with like Skylanders or Disneylanders or whatever the fuck those are called. That'd be suicide.

And that's something scary in and of itself. As bad as amiibos are, there's actually worse interactive toys out there.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:41:28 am by Phantasos »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2016, 10:21:10 am »
The one good think I can say about amiibos is that the designs are true to the original character designs and not some funky all-encompassing style. I'm really fed up with stuff like Pop! Vinyl and Disney Infinity where they fuck with character's designs to match an overriding style. I love Back to the Future, but I do not want a dead eyed Marty on my shelf. I love Star Wars, but I don't want some weird angular Han Solo.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2016, 03:36:51 am »
It does my nut thinking about the amount of flak SEGA/CA are getting for the FREE pre-order bonus faction in Warhammer Total War, ever after they explained in a very lengthy dev blog that it isn't cut content but made separately with extra funds they need to make back with the pre-orders.

While Nintendo are locking ON DISK content behind pricy pay walls... Fucking toys! And they get away with it with little resistance.
Made by SEGA

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2016, 05:48:20 am »
Let's not excuse shitty practices because other companies have other shitty practices. Slicing an entire faction as DLC is nothing short of stupid. And as pre-order "bonus", at that. Creative Assembly always had greedy executions of DLC and that dumbass excuse doesn't cut it.

"We're making this core aspect of the game with...huh... some other money! Yeah, that's good! And we need to make that money back like, right now! Please Pre-order Warhammer Total War™ as much as you can!

And Amiibos are pretty reviled as DLC stations, even among Nintendo fans, so yeah.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 05:50:53 am by Phantasos »

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2016, 12:10:15 pm »
I think I would get it if the NX had Backwards Compatibility with every previous console, but it probably won't. 

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2016, 02:41:40 pm »
I think the NX will be backwards compatible and will be one of the selling points. Nintendo did this whole thing about backwards and how the new console will make it easier. Might not play NES carts but it will have VC support.

Offline Tad

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2016, 04:10:31 pm »
I think the NX will be backwards compatible and will be one of the selling points. Nintendo did this whole thing about backwards and how the new console will make it easier. Might not play NES carts but it will have VC support.

VC support...yeah. Nintendo do a great job of keeping that updated :)

Offline Tad

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2016, 04:15:19 pm »
Let's not excuse shitty practices because other companies have other shitty practices. Slicing an entire faction as DLC is nothing short of stupid. And as pre-order "bonus", at that. Creative Assembly always had greedy executions of DLC and that dumbass excuse doesn't cut it.

"We're making this core aspect of the game with...huh... some other money! Yeah, that's good! And we need to make that money back like, right now! Please Pre-order Warhammer Total War™ as much as you can!

And Amiibos are pretty reviled as DLC stations, even among Nintendo fans, so yeah.

It's a shame CA do this really. They've shown that they can be a great studio with their back library and the superb Alien Isolation.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2016, 10:40:51 am »

So you're accusing them of lying? Based on what?

While I don't like pre-order content, frankly almost all big companies are doing, it's an extra incentive to pre-order I don't see how it's greedy...

Have you read the blog post?
https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/164869/total-war-warhammer-dev-blog-chaos-warriors-pre-orders-and-dlc
Made by SEGA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2016, 10:47:19 am »
My issue with locking content behind amiibo is that in the case of DLC or pre-order bonuses, you are either pre-ordering a game that you already have interest in and would have pre-ordered regardless or are paying a nominal additional fee down the road for more content in a game you enjoy. With amiibo, specifically the Twilight Princess stuff, you are paying $13 for a toy as well as content. And to be honest, I would love to have the additional gameplay mode but I don't want another toy for my shelf. I like Zelda, but I don't plan to start a Zelda collection of figurines.

My favorite kind of amiibo content has been skins based on the characters, like MK8 and Mario Maker has done. I really only care about Sonic and Bayonetta amiibo, so it is an added bonus to see them in those games (I assume Bayonetta will at least be in Mario Maker).