Author Topic: SEGA Racing Games - You Don't Just Play at Steering, You Live It  (Read 120353 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: SEGA Racing Games - You Don't Just Play at Steering, You Live It
« Reply #525 on: August 16, 2024, 01:03:13 am »
Sega Rally 2's PC Port Is Now Playable On Modern Computers

While the Dreamcast version of the game suffered from a reduced framerate, the PC edition – released shortly afterwards – offered the same content but with smoother performance, hence it being a valuable piece of Sega Rally history.
"You heard that right," says SpadeTheSkele on Twitter. "I am so proud to say that the 1999 rally game is now 100% working! CD Audio, Controller support and so much more!"
As noted by the developer, this isn't the first time the game has been up and running on modern PCs, but there's a crucial difference this time round. The previous version was a "portable build", whereas SpadeTheSkele's new version runs the game from the original disc.
SpadeTheSkele also notes that some people have ...

Article : https://www.timeextension.com/news/2024/08/sega-rally-2s-pc-port-is-now-playable-on-modern-computers

Offline Berto

« Reply #526 on: August 20, 2024, 12:25:12 am »
Dreamcast classic F355 Challenge’s online time trial rankings and ghost data sharing features restored

Another Dreamcast classic returns online. F355 Challenge (2000), the Ferarri focused arcade racer by the great Yu Suzuki that is otherwise unrelated to OutRun, has it’s own website restored, re-enabling all the online features of the Dreamcast game. The website can be accessed straight from the game’s disc when running on a Dreamcast connected to the internet, as well as through a network-enabled Dreamcast emulator. This comes thanks to developer Flyinghead.
F355 Challenge did not actually have an online multiplayer mode, however. Its online features were limited to allowing for the upload and download of time trial rankings and car ghost data, as well as an exclusive Ferrari movie that could be viewed on the website. DreamPi and Broadband adaptor users will be automatically directed to the ...

Article : https://segabits.com/blog/2024/08/16/dreamcast-classic-f355-challenges-online-time-trial-rankings-and-ghost-data-sharing-features-restored/

Offline Berto

« Reply #527 on: August 23, 2024, 01:05:04 am »
Sonic x Crazy Taxi Fan Art by CREED

"Remember kids, don't use crazy taxis to chase hedgehogs"

Source : https://x.com/ALEXISCREED02/status/1821341765833744796

Offline Berto

« Reply #528 on: August 26, 2024, 12:29:07 am »
A Classic Sega Dreamcast Series, Tokyo Xtreme Racer, is making a comeback in 2025 as a PC exclusive on Steam.

Debuting on the Super Nintendo in 1994 under the title Shotoku Battle '94, Tokyo Xtreme Racer is a fast-paced racing title where players challenge different racers and upgrade their vehicles with various custom parts. It wasn't until the follow-up, Tokyo Xtreme Racer, released on the Sega Dreamcast in 1999 that the series found a significant western audience and joined the likes of Crazy Taxi as part of the console's lineup of racing titles.
Now, the series is set to make a comeback as developer Genki revealed a new entry set to release in 2025, with the newly-rebooted Tokyo Xtreme Racer receiving a ...

Article : https://gamerant.com/tokyo-xtreme-racer-classic-sega-dreamcast-series-comeback/

Offline Berto

« Reply #529 on: August 30, 2024, 12:39:10 am »
Special interview with Tim of Walaber Entertainment, creator of Parking Garage Rally Circuit

You may remember us reporting on Parking Garage Rally Circuit, an upcoming indie racing game coming soon to Steam, which is styled after a Sega Saturn game and could actually become a Saturn game if it gets enough sales on Steam. After that article, I have reached out to Tim of Walaber Entertainment, the studio developing Parking Garage Rally Circuit, for an interview with the man behind the game.

Before we begin, please tell us about Parking Garage Rally Circuit in your own words, for any readers just finding out about it now.
Tim: Parking Garage Rally Circuit is an arcade precision driving game about rally racing in parking garages across the United States, all presented like a Sega Saturn game from the late 1990’s.

Could you tell us about your background in game development? What games or other media have you worked on?
Tim: I’ve been making games for over 20 years!  I learned in high school and released some freeware games before getting my first industry job at Disney in the testing department.  Later at Disney I created the “JellyCar” series of games, and was the lead designer of “Where’s My Water?”.  I’ve been an indie developer for 4 years now, and in that time I’ve released ...

Read the full interview here : https://segabits.com/blog/2024/08/22/special-interview-with-tim-of-walaber-entertainment-creator-of-parking-garage-rally-circuit/