Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 676044 times)

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!
« Reply #1170 on: June 18, 2015, 06:48:06 am »
In Hong Kong, yes. I can't see us needing it in the places we're going in the S3.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #1171 on: June 18, 2015, 07:21:57 am »
Worthless? I don't think so.  When directions were unclear I appreciated following NPCs. 
Also, seems like the Kickstarter will barely hit 200k in 24 hours... That's a massive slowdown.

It's still outpacing Bloodstained;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Fsfu-22G6hGTuZ2fxfIj8GlT0NaRkFlLbpw8TmpAX7M/edit#gid=0

$5 million is a lock.

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #1172 on: June 18, 2015, 07:27:53 am »
Is there a reason why PS4 has no physical reward tier but PC does?  How many tens of thousands would upgrade their pledge from 30 to $60 if they offered a physical PS4 release?  I just don't understand the logic behind this... I've never seen a more terribly organized Kickstarter.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #1173 on: June 18, 2015, 07:42:16 am »
Is there a reason why PS4 has no physical reward tier but PC does?  How many tens of thousands would upgrade their pledge from 30 to $60 if they offered a physical PS4 release?  I just don't understand the logic behind this... I've never seen a more terribly organized Kickstarter.

Orta was saying last night how badly it's set up.

Like the tier to get a copy of the game, it only allows you to pick one version out of three (Digital PC / Physical PC / Digital PS4) what if you want two versions of the game? There's no tier for someone who'd get a physical PC version and a digital PS4 version. Whoever is managing this Kickstarter has very little clue how to manage an effective campaign.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1174 on: June 18, 2015, 07:50:19 am »
I mentioned to George last night that they could easily add more "Dinner with Suzuki" tiers given how eager people were to plunk down that much and sell out the tier in a matter of hours.

Also, I do think that the tiers kind of suck. Nothing physical until $60, $100 adds just a few digital perks, and beyond that the special edition stuff is largely digital. $120 only adds one random capsule toy (no idea what the quality will be), $160 is a random toy and a shirt and digital goodies (I'd prefer this tier to be the physical OST and art book).

I actually would have thrown down $125 if it meant: Physical PC, trial, name in credits, physical OST, art book. I just think there needed to be more options and more physical items at the lower tiers.

For $100, Bloodstained got you: A physical copy of the game for XBOX ONE, PS4, or STEAM (PC/Mac/Linux) featuring special backer-exclusive content and slipcase, plus a keychain, lapel pin, soundtrack CD (and digital album), a retro strategy booklet, and your name in the credits!

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1175 on: June 18, 2015, 08:00:59 am »
Don't forget printing games on PS4 = Licensing fees that you don't have on PC, which could be a reason.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #1176 on: June 18, 2015, 08:05:15 am »
Don't forget printing games on PS4 = Licensing fees that you don't have on PC, which could be a reason.

Digital has licensing fees too though?

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1177 on: June 18, 2015, 08:07:17 am »
Digital has licensing fees too though?

They do, but I think they are different? I know you pay per disc for physical copies. I don't know what it would be in other countries, but I know it was about 10% or more of the retail cost of games in Australia was the fee to print the disc. Every console holder had this in some form.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #1178 on: June 18, 2015, 08:09:50 am »
They do, but I think they are different? I know you pay per disc for physical copies. I don't know what it would be in other countries, but I know it was about 10% or more of the retail cost of games in Australia was the fee to print the disc. Every console holder had this in some form.

But surely that's not something that should stop them from offering it? If this is on Steam than they're going to take a 30% of the sale price of the game.

It could be like George or someone said before, Sony wants to publish a physical version of the game.

Offline Pao

« Reply #1179 on: June 18, 2015, 08:18:11 am »
There must be something we can do to improve the Kickstarter campaign?  I mean the organizers are clearly not doing a good job at this (Their website hasn't been updated since April, and it's all in Japanese).  Maybe we could contact Gio Corsi or the other french Producer with Suzuki and suggest better reward tiers...  Man.. I'm being desperate.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #1180 on: June 18, 2015, 08:22:12 am »
There must be something we can do to improve the Kickstarter campaign?  I mean the organizers are clearly not doing a good job at this (Their website hasn't been updated since April, and it's all in Japanese).  Maybe we could contact Gio Corsi or the other french Producer with Suzuki and suggest better reward tiers...  Man.. I'm being desperate.

I don't mean to sound harsh but...

If this is how well they've planned Shenmue 3 then no wonder every publisher got hesitant at publishing it. Even Sony with their "full backing" is only doing "some" funding but are happy enough to fund stuff like Deep Down, Beyond and The Order.

I really hope they sort this out soon, I don't want to get a less than fantastic experience and I don't want Suzuki's career to end with a whimper :/

Offline Pao

« Reply #1181 on: June 18, 2015, 08:31:33 am »

If this is how well they've planned Shenmue 3 then no wonder every publisher got hesitant at publishing it. Even Sony with their "full backing" is only doing "some" funding but are happy enough to fund stuff like Deep Down, Beyond and The Order.

I really hope they sort this out soon, I don't want to get a less than fantastic experience and I don't want Suzuki's career to end with a whimper :/
Where did Mr.Positivity from a few pages back go? :P

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #1182 on: June 18, 2015, 08:35:18 am »
Where did Mr.Positivity from a few pages back go? :P

He is currently locked in my inner mind, unfortunately Mr. Positivity burns through 10,000 calories an hour and he must be contained during the very important fasting period.

He'll be back after 9:30 GMT.

For the duration of the daylight hours this month you're stuck with normal Aki-at.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #1183 on: June 18, 2015, 08:37:10 am »

Could you imagine the backlash if Sega were behind this?

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #1184 on: June 18, 2015, 08:39:03 am »
Could you imagine the backlash if Sega were behind this?

There was backlash against SEGA anyway cause they weren't behind it haha.

Makes me wonder if SEGA should ditch their own inhouse engines and just go with Unreal 4 to save time and effort, they'll instantly catch up in the arms race with most publishers too.