Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 676071 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!
« Reply #1410 on: June 23, 2015, 08:15:58 am »
Now I must dignify my ancestors and become a pescador

You will be the finest Pescadore in the world and your riches from Pescador'ing will fund Shenmue III.

Anyway, I had a look at the funding per day (i'm still learning to use this KickTraq thing), yeah Shenmue III is slowed considerably. I think it's normal, but I still want $10m + Dammit! I wonder what they can do to boost interest again. The stretch goals are kind of too segmented. If people could see all the villages already it would probably be better. Then again what do I know.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #1411 on: June 23, 2015, 09:01:38 am »
As much I'd like to see it like the last two, I just can't see it happening. It just won't reach its needed 10 million.

I just hope people are okay with a Shenmue-lite enough to keep 4 and 5 being made.

I'm kind of expected an open world like Sl and ll, but with less content and interactions. Think a more open world Telltale game with fighting too. I'm personally okay with that, but the real question is will the fans be?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 09:21:32 am by Tad »

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #1412 on: June 23, 2015, 10:39:41 am »
It's a niche title, there's no way it'll reach 10 mil. I would donate, but i'm not a fan of Kickstarter, like at all.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1413 on: June 23, 2015, 10:44:50 am »
It's a niche title, there's no way it'll reach 10 mil. I would donate, but i'm not a fan of Kickstarter, like at all.

If Shenmue III fails we know who to blame now.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #1414 on: June 23, 2015, 10:45:38 am »
If Shenmue III fails we know who to blame now.

Yeah, blame my wife for her $5000 knee surgery..

Offline Tad

« Reply #1415 on: June 23, 2015, 11:14:23 am »
Pardon me for repeating myself, but this is something that does concern me for the future of Shenmue. When lll comes out and if it is like I described, do you think the fans will be okay with it?

The reason I'm pressing it is because I strongly believe it will be like that on release and even Suzuki has hinted of a telltale style dialogue tree with Shenhua. I still think it'll keep its open world elements, just not as much interactions etc. But it concerns me as if the fans aren't happy, then Sllll and Slllll probably won't happen.

My hope is that if it does turn out that way, some will obviously not like it, but for the most part, they'll be okay. I'm hoping the ones they lose, might be okay due to new fans it might gain.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 11:19:21 am by Tad »

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #1416 on: June 23, 2015, 12:37:23 pm »
Most kickstarters tend to slow down to halts after the initial few days and then suddenly surge at the last few.

That being said, I strongly hope Suzuki has looked at other kickstarters and allows others to back via Paypal even after the initial KS campaign ended.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #1417 on: June 23, 2015, 01:02:04 pm »
Pardon me for repeating myself, but this is something that does concern me for the future of Shenmue. When lll comes out and if it is like I described, do you think the fans will be okay with it?

Yes, unanimously. If there's anything I've learned from the internet, it's that every person in a game's fanbase is easy to satisfy.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1418 on: June 23, 2015, 01:11:58 pm »
Yeah, blame my wife for her $5000 knee surgery..
You know I was just joking bro, I do hope your wife is recovering well.

The reason I'm pressing it is because I strongly believe it will be like that on release and even Suzuki has hinted of a telltale style dialogue tree with Shenhua. I still think it'll keep its open world elements, just not as much interactions etc. But it concerns me as if the fans aren't happy, then Sllll and Slllll probably won't happen.

My hope is that if it does turn out that way, some will obviously not like it, but for the most part, they'll be okay. I'm hoping the ones they lose, might be okay due to new fans it might gain.

I think we're all worried about he risk of a half-finished game. Even at $5m which I think is very possible, we'll get something special, as at $5 he gets to do something he's been wanting to for a long time.

I'm still holding out hope that we can get at least close to ten mill.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #1419 on: June 23, 2015, 01:24:47 pm »
I know, dude, no worries. Seriously though, that bill, i still hold it against her, hahaha

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1420 on: June 23, 2015, 01:46:08 pm »
Shenmue... knee?

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #1421 on: June 23, 2015, 02:02:35 pm »
Quick, sell your wife
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #1422 on: June 23, 2015, 02:18:19 pm »
You know I was just joking bro, I do hope your wife is recovering well.
I think we're all worried about he risk of a half-finished game. Even at $5m which I think is very possible, we'll get something special, as at $5 he gets to do something he's been wanting to for a long time.

I'm still holding out hope that we can get at least close to ten mill.

I'm not concerned about them not giving us a complete game. Even Suzuki said we'll get one at 2 million, but I'm just concerned about the backlash if it's not the game backers wanted. If it's not the full shenmue they loved from the previous installments.

Things will need to be changed and updated anyway mind.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 02:26:01 pm by Tad »

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #1423 on: June 23, 2015, 02:58:34 pm »
Shenmue... knee?

Exactly, it's one of those curve balls life throws at you. Making me choose between her knee or Shenmue.. Sorry Shenmue.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #1424 on: June 23, 2015, 09:20:04 pm »
Exactly, it's one of those curve balls life throws at you. Making me choose between her knee or Shenmue.. Sorry Shenmue.

Wives come and go, Shenmue is eternal!
Made by SEGA