Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 675749 times)

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!
« Reply #1530 on: June 26, 2015, 02:13:57 pm »
They need to start accepting payments through Paypal like Yookah Laylee did, like stat.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #1531 on: June 26, 2015, 03:39:13 pm »
 Next classic SEGA print by Cook & Becker will be Shenmue, will release next week and will also use profits to fund Shenmue KickStarter!

"Preview of the upcoming Shenmue print. This first Shenmue print is made by John Sweeney - lead concept artist on The Last of Us and Uncharted 4 - who took a super cinematic approach. He is also a massive Shenmue fan :) We hope to release the print for purchase early next week as we want part of the proceeds to go to the Shenmue Kickstarter."

http://i.imgur.com/70MYS5K.jpg
Made by SEGA

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #1532 on: June 26, 2015, 07:04:26 pm »
I'm still baffled so many people are hung up on Physical PS4 editions. It's 2015!

Same here, I get why people want it, but claiming it's the sole reason they're not backing until they announce a physical disc is garbage. You don't press a limited run of Blu-rays as an incentive, or commit to a physical release that can't guarantee to make a profit.

Microsoft bought the exclusivity to several SEGA games, including Shenmue II, for North America, and put them on Xbox... it was Peter Moore who made that deal...

Fun fact, Peter Moore is one of the Kickstarter backers.

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #1533 on: June 26, 2015, 08:31:50 pm »
Spread it wherever you can

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #1534 on: June 26, 2015, 09:31:10 pm »

Highlights of the stream:

1) PS4 physical pledge could still happen.
2) They're now in negotiations with Corey Marshall!  :afroman:
3) Paypal could happen, they're looking into it.
4) Suzuki wants HD remasters of 1 & 2 before 3's release, but obviously SEGA owns it and Suzuki will talk to SEGA about it.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #1535 on: June 27, 2015, 12:48:41 am »
Highlights of the stream:

4) Suzuki wants HD remasters of 1 & 2 before 3's release, but obviously SEGA owns it and Suzuki will talk to SEGA about it.

YES! I really want traction on #4 happening. I've been holding out replaying Shenmue 1 and 2 for years hoping for an HD re-release.

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #1536 on: June 27, 2015, 10:01:24 am »
Same here, I get why people want it, but claiming it's the sole reason they're not backing until they announce a physical disc is garbage. You don't press a limited run of Blu-rays as an incentive, or commit to a physical release that can't guarantee to make a profit.

I'm going to pledge either way, but I'd prefer a physical PS4 edition. I don't want to go through the hassle of switching around my pledge if I pick a different option now and then that comes up later, y'know?

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #1537 on: June 27, 2015, 10:47:13 am »
There's a lot of "we're looking into it" in there. You'd think they'd be a bit more organised really, but hey ho.

I really hope we get the first two re released mind. As for the questions on the budget, I'm still left a bit uncertain what Suzuki means. Currently, we're getting a story driven Shenmue 3. Now, I'm fine with that, but does that mean nothing else? I always assumed he meant an open-ish world (like previous games), fighting and character interactions.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #1538 on: June 27, 2015, 08:27:07 pm »
I'm going to pledge either way, but I'd prefer a physical PS4 edition. I don't want to go through the hassle of switching around my pledge if I pick a different option now and then that comes up later, y'know?

There is basically no hassle, its a matter of a button which appears on the kickstarter page once you have pledged, it says 'manage pledge' you click it and select a higher or lower pledge and it's basically done.
Made by SEGA

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #1539 on: June 28, 2015, 12:05:24 am »
Pretty much, your allowed to move around the pledges all you want in the 30 day period. You don't get charged till the kickstarter is done anyway.

Offline Tad

« Reply #1540 on: June 28, 2015, 07:44:28 am »
It really hasn't moved that much and I'm not confident it will now. The kickstarter has been awfully presented and the stretch goals seems to reek of scope creep - something that adds a whole lot more time to development and can costs a more too. It's a bit worrying really...

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1541 on: June 29, 2015, 03:25:14 am »
Dude, look at the bright side, Shenmue III is very much a reality. At this point, I don't care if those stretch goals aren't reached. If we get to 5 million so much the better, if not, we are still getting a Shenmue game out of it. (I'm still hoping for paid DLC for some of this stuff, tough)

And once that game is out, we'll make damn sure that it'll be profitable enough to get another sequel.

Anyway, two little tidbits:

Shenmue 3's offical Youtube Channel

New update - Interview with the character artist for Shenmue.

Offline Tad

« Reply #1542 on: June 29, 2015, 04:32:57 am »
Oh, I agree. As I've stated before I'll be happy with the 2 million funded Shenmue. It's just others I'm not too sure about.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1543 on: June 29, 2015, 07:44:36 am »
I just want it to play like the old ones. Even if it's not building much 'new' so long as it's got the same charm and gameplay I'll be content.

It's just now, seeing those stretch goals... we'll always be wondering what might have been.

Having said that:

Yesterday's figures were absolutely atrocious :(

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #1544 on: June 29, 2015, 08:14:58 am »
Yikes...

Like... Uh... Well now.

Guess $5 million Shenmue 3 is all we're getting.