Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 675849 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!
« Reply #1740 on: July 17, 2015, 08:58:09 am »
Kickstarter Record Officially Broken!

YES! YES! YES!

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #1741 on: July 17, 2015, 09:00:46 am »
Awesome!

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #1742 on: July 17, 2015, 09:15:45 am »
Sorry for the double-post... But Shenmue III has now earned more money than f***ing Bloodstained! Finally, f*** all the nay-sayers who have bitched and moaned over how much better that KS campaign was handled and bla, bla, bla, bla, f*** you!

You do know that this still doesn't negated the fact that this KS was terribly handled and they could've made much more money than this? Bloodstained was a complete nothing as far as new game concept went, a game from a niche as fuck game genre, at that. When it was announced, everyone was expecting it to scrape only 1mil because all the factors were similar to a bunch of past projects. It only got as much money as it did cause how fucking well executed it was. 

The only smart idea Shenmue's KS had was revealing it at Sony's E3's conference. They have a laundry list of screw ups ever since the reveal.

If anything this is a testament of Shenmue's presence in the game community of today. But fuck, they could have actually reached those 10 mil if they actually tried. Actually, blowing their load and saying that 10 million was the intended number they wanted while they hadn't even reached 4 mil was a terrible idea.

Fuck, if they actually added paypal from the start like they should have, they would have broken the record weeks ago and I wouldn't be worrying about the combat system being upgraded or not.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 09:17:25 am by Phantasos »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #1743 on: July 17, 2015, 09:24:45 am »
Well, I crumbled on the last day and upped my pledge... Well... Sort of, Although I wanted the Artbook it was a bit rich for my blood... I was already on £100 for the physical PC copy + name in credits + demo... and right now that's a lot for me. But the fact is this is the ONLY chance to get the physical games in their 'backers only special edition sleeves' even if it does come to retail! So I signed up with a new account and pledged an extra 60 dollars for the PS4 physical copy too... I don't have a PS4 but I feel like it's worth it on multiple levels.
Made by SEGA

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #1744 on: July 17, 2015, 09:27:20 am »
You do know that this still doesn't negated the fact that this KS was terribly handled and they could've made much more money than this? Bloodstained was a complete nothing as far as new game concept went, a game from a niche as fuck game genre, at that. When it was announced, everyone was expecting it to scrape only 1mil because all the factors were similar to a bunch of past projects. It only got as much money as it did cause how fucking well executed it was. 

The only smart idea Shenmue's KS had was revealing it at Sony's E3's conference. They have a laundry list of screw ups ever since the reveal.

If anything this is a testament of Shenmue's presence in the game community of today. But fuck, they could have actually reached those 10 mil if they actually tried. Actually, blowing their load and saying that 10 million was the intended number they wanted while they hadn't even reached 4 mil was a terrible idea.

Fuck, if they actually added paypal from the start like they should have, they would have broken the record weeks ago and I wouldn't be worrying about the combat system being upgraded or not.

Hey, that's great. Can we go back to being happy now?

Offline Centrale

« Reply #1745 on: July 17, 2015, 11:06:19 am »
gripe gripe gripe

I love that there are people with magical knowledge from some alternate dimension where things were done differently! "I woulda double-bagged it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoEGYFzS0jA

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #1746 on: July 17, 2015, 11:11:14 am »
To be fair he is right, it's not the best KS ever... But I don't think its had such an impact as people assume.
Made by SEGA

Offline Centrale

« Reply #1747 on: July 17, 2015, 11:17:31 am »
I can appreciate that opinion. But the thing to remember is, that's pure speculation. By actual quantifiable criteria, this is the most successful video game Kickstarter ever.

Now here's my speculation: no matter how the KS was run, there would be similar population of disgruntled onlookers who criticized some aspect of it. If they had come out of the gate asking for $5mil instead of $2mil, there would be a group of grousers saying that they were too arrogant, wanted too much, were being unrealistic, this is unprecedented gall, etc. If they had shot the first Twitch stream with better camera and mics, there would be complainers saying, obviously they've already got plenty of money for all this nice equipment, blah blah blah. If they had ended up making $11mil, there would be a group of complainers saying they could have done something differently to get to $20mil. No matter how it was done, there would always be a group of wet blankets with nothing but derision, claiming that they somehow know how to do it better when they've never done anything like this. So it goes! That's all speculation and it's fun for conversation.

In the realm of fact, however, this has been a very successful KS campaign that has set numerous world records. That is all FACT, and I think that is more important than idle speculation.

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #1748 on: July 17, 2015, 01:33:49 pm »
The dreaam is real guys. As I type this, it's at 5.8 million dollars, and doesn't look like it's gonna slow down too much. At this rate, it looks like it'll go beyond six million, and who knows from there. It's been a wild ride, and it looks like it's just gonna get better from here.

Offline Nathan

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #1749 on: July 17, 2015, 01:39:23 pm »
Just upped my pledge from $500 to $600. I think I can even manage more after some figuring!

Offline Centrale

« Reply #1750 on: July 17, 2015, 01:50:46 pm »
Time for the millionaires among us to start dropping the moneybombs! Let's see if we can hit $40 million!

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #1751 on: July 17, 2015, 02:05:30 pm »
Backed it now. I only got the digital release, but I'm happy with that. The £30 tier is really lacking and I really don't like the sound of that international phone card after all the dramatic goodbyes we've had in this game. Anywho, it's happening :)

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #1752 on: July 17, 2015, 02:29:53 pm »
Just upped my pledge from $500 to $600. I think I can even manage more after some figuring!

Wow.. That is a gnarly amount of money to give away. Dedication for sure.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #1753 on: July 17, 2015, 03:16:50 pm »
Dat panic mode

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1754 on: July 17, 2015, 03:30:16 pm »
Man, only 5 hours left...

And it's gettin' pretty close to 6 million. Might as well clear one last stretch goal before we go!