Author Topic: Platinum teasing new game for E3  (Read 22023 times)

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
Re: Platinum teasing new game for E3
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2015, 08:24:31 am »
I have mixed concerns about this.

In one hand, it looks really good and polish, but I feel this game is going to be really short in both content and replayability, plus it will have a ton of DLC from the get go(5 Transformers and 3 villains from the start, the next are downloadable content).

Man,Platinum has just gotten 3 more projects to work with Scalebound around the clock. I hope their commitment end well because I didn't have the best memories of devs when they were trying to grasp much projects with such a fixed dev time.

They are expanding, yeah but that doesn't mean much IMO.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2015, 09:44:27 am »
Looks awesome! But I really wish Activision got these guys to do a TMNT game : <

I don't even like Transformers but this looks fuckin' SICK

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2015, 10:24:22 am »
Grimlock's playable? My interest rose slightly.

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2015, 06:38:14 pm »

I think the sad part is that they are doing these license games when one of their team's original goals was to do unique IPs that they had complete control over. So far they have broken that after leaving SEGA.

They also like being in business, which tends to be a good thing if you still want to follow that goal. Their original philosophy didn't go so well when pretty much every game they made under Sega underperformed, some pretty terribly and now they're taking what they can get in some channels. And really, they're still doing original IPs while working on licensed games that make sense considering their talent. There is literally nothing wrong with PG working with big name publishers that think they're a good match for whatever game they want. Korra is decent, Revengeance is a really great, if flawed, action game that manages to have its own identity besides Bayonetta (And I couldn't care less about Metal Gear) and Transformers looks leagues above Korra, seems Activision liked how much Korra cashed and now they're upping the budget. And Nier's collaboration is almost as bizarre as Taro Yoko himself. Platinum Games being this prolific is nothing but evolution of the best kind.

That being said, Scalebound looks likes it still needs some time in the oven...for a long time. I know Kamiya never really gave a shit about a consistent framerate but that gameplay video was fucking pathetic in terms of performance. Looks pretty fucking groovy, though.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 06:42:19 pm by Phantasos »