Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 732890 times)

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #1860 on: July 09, 2012, 09:23:53 am »
I finally arrived at Final Fantasy XIII-2's final chapter in the game.

I'm gonna do a couple of extra side missions on the side, just to be on the safe side. I hear that the final boss is a pain in the butt.
Smart move. In typical Final Fantasy fashion, the final form of the final boss is a pretty huge jump up in difficulty from everything else. I think I had everyone around the level 60 something mark.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1861 on: July 09, 2012, 12:17:47 pm »
So I'm told. The FF XIII boss in particular was tough. It's first two forms were super duper hard.
Personally, both of them paled in comparison with the one I faced in Lost Odyssey.

I was already grinding like crazy in Final Fantasy XIII-2, both Noel and Serah are maxed out on both Ravager, Commando. I got Serah maxed out on Medic, while Noel is maxed out on Sentinel.

But I feel like I need to do more, just to be on the safe side.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1862 on: July 09, 2012, 02:43:51 pm »
Make sure you have a good team of monsters too.
I think I had a high level Green Chocobo (medic), Blue Chocobo(ravager), and a Dreadnaught (commando) the first time I beat it. There are some really good guides on how to optimize your monsters by mixing abilities of other ones. If you max out one of those medic flans, and mix it with your Chocobo, you've got a pretty good healer right there.
The Dreadnaught's a little slow for the final boss, but he's got a ton of HP, and hit's pretty hard.

A good sentinel monster might be a better bet for your setup, but much like the final boss in FFXIII, it makes things a bit easier on you if you're more aggressive.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1863 on: July 10, 2012, 05:27:06 am »
Finally beaten Final Fantasy XII-2. I haven't been confused by an ending since Eternal Sonata.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1864 on: July 10, 2012, 07:44:13 am »
Congrats!
The DLC won't help that much.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1865 on: July 11, 2012, 09:20:27 am »
I beat Kirby Mass Attack last night, and started up Final Fantasy VIII on the PSP. Once I beat that, and FFX, I'll have finished every single main series Final Fantasy game (minus a couple sequels).

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1866 on: July 14, 2012, 05:43:00 pm »
I picked up Phantasy Star IV: The End of The Millenium on the PC.

I'm enjoying it. It's perhaps the closest thing to a more traditional JRPG on the Genesis.
The random encounters... Jesus, they are relentless. Sometimes you cannot... CANNOT even move two squares before another random battle hits. The enemies are also pretty tough if you're not careful.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1867 on: July 16, 2012, 12:55:34 pm »
I'm officially stuck in Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance on the GBA.

Just like so many Metroid-vania games that I've played before it, I've reached that point where I've gone through every room multiple times, and can't seem to find a way to move forward :(.

Aside from that, I started up FF VIII, and was thoroughly confused by the Junction system.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1868 on: July 16, 2012, 03:47:25 pm »
Well, I completed some extra missions on Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Oh, man I almost took down that Long Ghi on the Archlyte Steeps. I never could do that in the original and I came close. Very good to beating it. Sadly much like many of the more rare bosses they tend to have at least one cheap attack that usually takes everyone in party out.

Guess, I'll have to grind just a bit more.

Just like in Phantasy Star IV. Another game that keeps increasing the difficulty every step of the way. It's not bad, as long as you keep equiping your characters with the best possible gear. But often times, you find yourself short on cash because the items as you from town to town cost a whole lot.
Fortunately, you can stumble upon a few of those items while going through the various dungeons...

But still... It's one tough game.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1869 on: July 16, 2012, 05:40:34 pm »
@Max_Cady:
Getting some good monsters set up is pretty much a must for some of those optional bosses. Purple Chocobos, Tonberrys, and a good Sentinel are pretty essential.
Yakshini's really good too.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1870 on: July 18, 2012, 04:17:34 pm »
Urban Terror, do your thing!

These multiplayer matches are simply the best: quick, painless and best of all, free.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #1871 on: July 18, 2012, 11:23:26 pm »
With the steam sales, I recently just finished Assassins creed: Revelations

It was alot simpler than it's predecessors. No horses, less side missions, but honestly I thought it was all for the better. It was less tedious and I loved the storyline. Really an excellent way to close ezio's and altaïrs story line.

On to the online mode :D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 11:59:46 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1872 on: July 23, 2012, 11:01:09 am »
I downloaded a 14 day free trial of Final Fantasy XI.
So far, the only time I've had available has been dedicated to downloading, installing, and registering it.
I'm looking forward to trying it out though.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1873 on: July 24, 2012, 07:00:15 pm »
Did a considerable amount of progress in the Final Fantasy XIII-2 side missions front.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1874 on: July 27, 2012, 01:40:36 pm »
I finally beat Dead Space the other day. It took a while for me to get into, but once I realized that I could sell things for big money, and how to use the arrow that points to the next location, I had a lot more fun with it.

I've also made a bit more progress in Final Fantasy VIII, and XI.
Not much progress in FFXI though.
I get the impression that it would be much easier to play through with other people, but I don't know anyone who plays it, and can't find very many people wandering around.  I keep dying while attempting to finish my first mission, and I've only managed to level up once. 

I really enjoyed the bit of Jamestown that I played on PC. It kind of reminds me of John Carter meets Ikaruga. Very cool concept, and the difficulty isn't demoralizing.