Author Topic: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package  (Read 462886 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package
« Reply #3315 on: October 04, 2023, 08:53:09 pm »
SEGA Is Bringing A Life-Sized LEGO Sonic The Hedgehog To PAX Aus 2023

LEGO Sonic took McNaught and team a whopping 103 hours to complete, and is made from 25,807 LEGO bricks. It’ll be on display over the whole PAX Aus 2023 weekend from October 6th to October 8th at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre.

“As an old school gamer, I remember playing the original sonic back in the 90s until our hands hurt from playing too much! So having the opportunity to bring one of our favourite video game characters to life with LEGO bricks is awesome and we can’t wait to share it with everyone,” McNaught said in an accompanying press release. “We’re all big gamers here at The Brickman, there was no way ...

Link : https://press-start.com.au/news/2023/10/04/sega-is-bringing-a-life-sized-lego-sonic-the-hedgehog-to-pax-aus-2023/
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 08:56:05 pm by Berto »

Offline Berto

Re: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package
« Reply #3316 on: October 04, 2023, 08:53:38 pm »
That's interesting. If they did decide to re-establish Sega of Europe elsewhere, I hope the current Sega of Europe can at least rebrand into "Sega of UK".

"SEGA of UK"? Not "SEGA UK" ?

.Lets be frank, all of 8-bit Sonic OST was great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1Y2rPipk64

Indeed. They are very memorable.

Offline Berto

« Reply #3317 on: October 04, 2023, 09:54:06 pm »
SEGA's participating in this year's Brasil Game Show, The Largest Gaming Show in Latin America!

We are thrilled to announce our presence at this year's Brasil Game Show!
Get a first look at Persona 5 Tactica, Persona 3 Reload, Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Sonic Superstars, and Endless Dungeon.
Booth#PO06! 🇧🇷

Source : https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/1709614906675224694

Offline Berto

« Reply #3318 on: October 04, 2023, 10:09:19 pm »
Eitherway, it's a blow for Sega Europe and those anticipating Hyena.

Yeah, this quoted paragraph from this article sum it up :

Redundancies at developer Creative Assembly followed suit, with employees working on the Total War series also affected. “What I’m actually furious about is that the redundancies are affecting people who had nothing to do with Hyenas,” said one anonymous source. “Like IT, operations, marketing, HR, even some people over on TW, they bear no responsibility for this binfire.” 

More about its cancelation :

Cancelled shooter Hyenas was reportedly Sega's most expensive game ever

“So what went wrong? Total lack of direction"
Mixing parts from every other blockbuster shooter would seem like one way to achieve that goal, but alas. “Towards the end, there were people from Sega Japan more or less permanently at the UK office,” one anonymous source told Volound, “this has never happened the whole time I’ve worked at [Creative Assembly].”
Another anonymous source told Volound: “In the early days, Hyenas aimed for a ‘lovable rogues’ vibe, surviving in a messed-up world controlled by the elite, channelling Han Solo with a bit of Firefly for good measure.” The game apparently had a “gritty sci-fi” vibe with “a touch of NASA.”
That edgier edge lasted until Neil Blomkamp - the Hollywood director behind District 9 and Elysium - jumped aboard to provide some early ideas. Blomkamp apparently came up with the idea that players should fight over pop culture fossils from Earth - vinyl records, VHS tapes, and other lost physical media. Basically, you’d play as scalpers fighting over invaluable merch - like something out of a viral Black Friday disaster video, only this time with kinda cool abilities.
“He also had that idea of inserting a lot of internet humour ...

Article : https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/cancelled-shooter-hyenas-was-reportedly-segas-most-expensive-game-ever

Offline Berto

« Reply #3319 on: October 04, 2023, 10:26:33 pm »
Sonic Prime's Nine Fan Art by Pho

me when he's been replaced

Source : https://twitter.com/pholooo/status/1707134596033446215

Offline Berto

« Reply #3320 on: October 05, 2023, 02:01:32 am »
Super Mario Bros. Wonder Producer Addresses Sonic Superstars Releasing the Same Week

Speaking to Game Informer, Tezuka himself seemed taken aback by how closely the two games will be releasing.
"I think it's an interesting coincidence. We've been creating 2D action games for a long time and we, of course, want as many players as possible to enjoy those games," said Tezuka. "We're looking forward to as many people as possible having the opportunity to play these 2D side-scrolling action games, Mario and otherwise."
Tezuka clearly doesn't seem bothered by the "competition" and it's likely that a lot  ...

Article : https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/super-mario-bros-wonder-sonic-superstars-releasing-same-week/

Offline Berto

« Reply #3321 on: October 05, 2023, 02:31:00 am »
Warlock Infinite is Now Available in Sonic Forces Mobile!

Unleash phantom devastation as Warlock Infinite infiltrates Sonic Forces Mobile!

Source : https://twitter.com/SEGAHARDlight/status/1709606807822569851

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #3322 on: October 05, 2023, 08:31:57 pm »
"SEGA of UK"? Not "SEGA UK" ?
eh, isn't it interchangable? But yes. "Sega of UK".
Yeah, this quoted paragraph from this article sum it up :

More about its cancelation :

Cancelled shooter Hyenas was reportedly Sega's most expensive game ever

Article : https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/cancelled-shooter-hyenas-was-reportedly-segas-most-expensive-game-ever
So it was cancelled not only because of an expensive development but a change in engine? I guess I can see why Sega pulled the plug if CA were all willy-nilly with it.
Plus, if the game was going to do the whole EA Loot box thing, that would not be fun. Even CA didn't sound to thrilled with some big shot Hollywood director taking the reigns of the style and development.
Super Mario Bros. Wonder Producer Addresses Sonic Superstars Releasing the Same Week

Article : https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/super-mario-bros-wonder-sonic-superstars-releasing-same-week/
Can you keep track of sales between these games?

Offline Berto

« Reply #3323 on: October 06, 2023, 01:17:17 am »
eh, isn't it interchangable? But yes. "Sega of UK".

I just realized only United of States uses "of" in their SEGA name, SEGA of America.
Also sometimes mentioned for Japan as SEGA of Japan, but that's just for colloquial term for Sega's main Japanese business, currently called Sega Corporation
Others weren't using it : SEGA Japan, SEGA Korea, SEGA Asia, SEGA Denmark, SEGA Austria, SEGA Germany, SEGA Europe, SEGA Taiwan, SEGA Belgium, SEGA Benelux, SEGA Netherland, SEGA HK, SEGA Spain, SEGA australia, SEGA France.

So it was cancelled not only because of an expensive development but a change in engine? I guess I can see why Sega pulled the plug if CA were all willy-nilly with it.
Plus, if the game was going to do the whole EA Loot box thing, that would not be fun. Even CA didn't sound to thrilled with some big shot Hollywood director taking the reigns of the style and development.

The change because some executives didn't want it to be dark and scary like Alien Isolation.
Eventough the game's was highly praised by reviews, Alien Isolation was a disappointment because the sales being low at launch.
It's only garnering more popularity after the game was given a very huge discount and eventually at free for some period.
That's why they try to change the the direction with the big shot Hollywood director.

Can you keep track of sales between these games?

Only Japanese version probably, other countries only uses rank but no sale numbers.
The thing is Sonic sales always low in Japan so Mario will surely beat him there by a lot margin.
Even among the top 30 pre-orderd games in Japan, Sonic Superstars never came up.
Meanwhile other SEGA games like Persona Tactica and Like a Dragon (both Gaiden and Infinity Wealth) continue to show up.

Sonic's more popular in western than in his own home.

Offline Berto

« Reply #3324 on: October 06, 2023, 01:19:15 am »
Sonic Superstars: Fang 101

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jec8zlfG3KI

Much of the build-up for Sonic Superstars has centered on Fang. In addition to that previously mentioned comic, Sega released an animated short last month that showed Fang, Trip, and Eggman exploring Northstar Island, where the game takes place.
Fang has often been depicted as a villain for hire, and Eggman is paying him to investigate this new location. In that quest, Fang can be seen piloting his vehicle, the Marvelous Queen. The vehicle played a role in ...

Article : https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/sonic-superstars-fang-the-hunter-trailer/

Offline Berto

« Reply #3325 on: October 06, 2023, 01:49:29 am »
Sonic the Hedgehog: Winter Jam, Cover RI 1:10 by Iasmin Omar Ata (Deltahead)

Source : https://twitter.com/IDWSonicNews/status/1709703098598588815

Offline Berto

« Reply #3326 on: October 06, 2023, 02:04:27 am »
Sonic Superstars Players' Reactions | gamescom 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybsOBWpeRnY

Offline Berto

« Reply #3327 on: October 06, 2023, 02:21:06 am »
Sonic Official - Season 7 Episode 13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKfq6UzaYUQ

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #3328 on: October 06, 2023, 04:34:43 pm »
I just realized only United of States uses "of" in their SEGA name, SEGA of America.
Also sometimes mentioned for Japan as SEGA of Japan, but that's just for colloquial term for Sega's main Japanese business, currently called Sega Corporation
Others weren't using it : SEGA Japan, SEGA Korea, SEGA Asia, SEGA Denmark, SEGA Austria, SEGA Germany, SEGA Europe, SEGA Taiwan, SEGA Belgium, SEGA Benelux, SEGA Netherland, SEGA HK, SEGA Spain, SEGA australia, SEGA France.
I mean, either way I'm good. I just don't like the idea of Sega thinking "Well, Brexit means UK is no longer part of the EU. Sega of Europe will have to pack up and move to Brussels or wherever." Even though you mentioned a few Sega HQs in parts of Europe already... Does that make Sega HQ in London the king of all the Sega HQs across Europe?
The change because some executives didn't want it to be dark and scary like Alien Isolation.
Eventough the game's was highly praised by reviews, Alien Isolation was a disappointment because the sales being low at launch.
It's only garnering more popularity after the game was given a very huge discount and eventually at free for some period.
That's why they try to change the the direction with the big shot Hollywood director.

Yeah but with Sega pulling the plug means regardless which direction it was going it's gone! For all we know, Hyena could of been the new Overwatch or Fortnite.

Only Japanese version probably, other countries only uses rank but no sale numbers.
The thing is Sonic sales always low in Japan so Mario will surely beat him there by a lot margin.
Even among the top 30 pre-orderd games in Japan, Sonic Superstars never came up.
Meanwhile other SEGA games like Persona Tactica and Like a Dragon (both Gaiden and Infinity Wealth) continue to show up.

Sonic's more popular in western than in his own home.
Well damn. I want to know the rivalry between these two games.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 04:42:03 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #3329 on: October 08, 2023, 09:15:15 pm »
I mean, either way I'm good. I just don't like the idea of Sega thinking "Well, Brexit means UK is no longer part of the EU. Sega of Europe will have to pack up and move to Brussels or wherever." Even though you mentioned a few Sega HQs in parts of Europe already... Does that make Sega HQ in London the king of all the Sega HQs across Europe?

Could be seen that way. Something that King Athur will approve.

But the truth is they were all already merged into the big SEGA Europe, I'm just focusing on the "without the of word" naming.
Yeah but with Sega pulling the plug means regardless which direction it was going it's gone! For all we know, Hyena could of been the new Overwatch or Fortnite.

Or the new  "Battleborn" or "LawBreakers" which flopped almost immediately, who knows.

Well damn. I want to know the rivalry between these two games.

In short term just like usual Mario will win, but in long term Sonic could win after huge and heavy discounts.