Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 699126 times)

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2835 on: February 01, 2018, 11:17:08 pm »
I wrapped up FFXV a few weeks ago and just finished Prey as well. Gotta say that Prey is probably my GOTY for 2017.

I'm now playing FFX on the Vita along with random titles on the XBOX One.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Ryudo

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #2836 on: February 13, 2018, 11:16:56 am »
TMNT IV SNES.
Raiden V

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2837 on: February 13, 2018, 06:07:08 pm »
So I finished Dragon Quest Heroes 2.

Had a lot of fun, though not as much as the first game. The plot is breath of fresh air compared to the previous "Save the world from the bad guy" type of story and more of a mystery adventure. A pretty cool twist for sure. The roster of characters wasn't as memorable or as impressive as the previous game.

So I'm back in Kamurocho cortesy of Yakuza Kiwami. 20hrs in and I'm enjoying the heck out of it. The Majima Everywhere feature has already made this game totally worth it, even though it's kinda of a repackaged Mr. Shakedown mini-game from Yakuza 0. Also enjoyed the extended cutscenes and extended backstory that flesh out Nishiki's backstory. Back to Goro Majima, thanks to Y0, his weird relantionship with Kiryu as a frienemy is also expanded upon. In the original PS2 release he was mostly a strange and unpredictable villain, but here he feels way more fleshed out.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2838 on: March 08, 2018, 04:42:28 am »
After I was done with Yakuza: Kiwami, here I am in another fancy remake.

Not as impressive as Yakuza: Kiwami which featured a ton of new content (namely new scenes that give further backstory and context to Nishikiyama's motivations, as well as Majima Everywhere that was a nice fun way of retconning Kazuma / Goro's bizarre dynamic that was established in Yakuza 0).

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age which was my most wanted game of last year, kinda started off in the wrong way for me. Age hasn't been to kind to this game that even with extra filters and upgraded resolution it feels like a PS2 game from 2006. After that initial shock, I took also some time to reajust to FF12's battle system, license boards and gambits. Now I feel a bit more at ease.

I find it a bit odd that Vaan is the main hero of this game, because at the 20hr mark he literally fades into the background. I always found that distracting even though everyone takes him seriously at one point or another.