Author Topic: STAMACSTA, a new game or only the australian new name of Rise of Nightmares?  (Read 4372 times)

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
STAMACSTA   Computer Games (Multi Platform)

Strong horror violence, blood and gore
Classification
MA 15+
Consumer Advice
Strong horror violence, blood and gore
Category
Computer Games
Version
ORIGINAL
Duration
Variable
Date of Classification
11/07/2011
Author
CS3
Publisher
SEGA
Production Company
NOT SHOWN
Country of Origin
JAPAN
Applicant
SEGA AUSTRALIA
File Number
T11/1979
Classification Number

this is what says the site of the Australian Classification Board, the name of the game is pretty weird and the description imo seems to fit like a glow to Rise of Nightmares, but it's also true that on the official SEGA Australia site the game is still called RoN...?
SEGA STYLE

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
you can see the word CS3 out there , so yeah Rise of Nightmares for sure but as you said the name is pretty weird!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
HA! What a horrible name. Probably one of the worst region retitlings I've seen yet!

Oh! And thanks for the tip! I credited you on the main page article.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:07:31 am by Barry the Nomad »

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
This can't be Rise of Nightmares! First off, what's a Stamcsta? secondly the name does not fit RoN, thirdly, why change the name for Australia?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Wasn't Mortal Kombat banned in Australia? Maybe that was cause for the retitle? It's just a string of letters, not even a scary word. :P

It might not be a retitle and hopefully is a new game, though I just cant see one dev making two games of this classification at the same time. I'd think they'd spread themselves out a bit (unlike Sonic Team).

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
this is what says the site of the Australian Classification Board, the name of the game is pretty weird and the description imo seems to fit like a glow to Rise of Nightmares, but it's also true that on the official SEGA Australia site the game is still called RoN...?
But that description can be used for any other R rated videogame. Also RISE is a Kinect exclusive and it states clearly that this title is multi platform. Also most people know that CS3 produced the game so it wouldn't make sense not to mention the production company as being CS3. Also while its possible for CS3 to produce more than just one game they could have easily hired another studio to make the game for them. 

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
But that description can be used for any other R rated videogame. Also RISE is a Kinect exclusive and it states clearly that this title is multi platform. Also most people know that CS3 produced the game so it wouldn't make sense not to mention the production company as being CS3. Also while its possible for CS3 to produce more than just one game they could have easily hired another studio to make the game for them. 

Though if you check out the classification site, they refer to just about every "computer game" (their term for video games) as multi platform. DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS - JOKER 2 is a Nintendo DS exclusive, yet they categorize it as multi platform. Seems like they don't care about specific platform, they just assume it could release for any console/computer.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
True, but that's been a recent trend with them, it used to be a lot more specific. I'm just saying they left enough room for speculation with the production part and a few other things.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
Huh... it almost sounds like a working title, like the project codename.  Or maybe it's the name of some evil being within the game?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
True, it does sound like a boss name. Like the evil scientist's codename for a freaky mutant.

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
Oh! And thanks for the tip! I credited you on the main page article.

:) Barry, thanx for crediting!
SEGA STYLE

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
:) Barry, thanx for crediting!

Sure thing! Interested to see where this whole thing goes.

Perhaps you could send a little "kudos" my way and I'll reciprocate? ;)