Author Topic: Yakuza 4 - Official Thread of Nagoshi the Gingerbread Man  (Read 29150 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: Yakuza 4 - Official Thread of Nagoshi the Gingerbread Man
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2011, 08:15:55 am »
Quote from: "-nSega54-"
Well people don't like having content cut from localizations. It's just a matter of principle.

I'd agree with that on principle if the content was actually any good. The hostess stuff is probably the worst stuff I have ever played in any recently released major SEGA title, I honestly do not understand why it is even liked by Japanese fans either.

Not that it matters disccusing this, as I doubt they'd ever cut it out again.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2011, 08:30:22 am »
I don't like things getting cut out, but with a game like yakuza with very limited appeal in the West, I'd rather them say 'We'll cut out this and that unimportant stuff so we can translate it in the budget we have.' then not translate it at all...

I'm also not to bothered about the hostess stuff being cut.
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2011, 04:46:02 pm »
Agree with what Aki-at and Sharky said, some people just get a bee in their bonnet and feel the need to lose their shit whenever they percieve that they are 'losing' something.

I couldn't believe how daft some people were who were complaining about Yakuza 3 not coming, then when it WAS coming, told everyone to 'not buy it' so Sega would realise we don't like cut content.

Hell I would have been happy if they even cut out the Mahjonng game, how the fuck are you even supposed to play that? I couldn't make hide nor hair out of the game based on the in-game instructions (same with that Chinese card game in Ryuguujo)

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2011, 12:09:30 pm »
Yeah, the Asian games they have available are neat looking, but I cannot wrap my head around almost any of them at all. I sat at that game playing for hours JUST trying to figure out Pachinko and all it gave me in return was some cool Virtua Fighter music and a major headache.

I am really committed to getting this game's platinum trophy though. I am only really worried about the Ultimate Skill stuff (BOATING SECTION IS FROM HELL) and the hostess maker stuff.

Offline Centrale

« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2011, 10:24:07 pm »
Yeah, I couldn't figure out Pachinko at all.  I guess I was expecting it to be more like Lucky Hit.  How about a game of Lucky Hit?

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2011, 11:39:41 pm »
I rarely ever do side stuff at all in the Yakuza games, haha, so yeah I didn't personally care that the hostess stuff was cut but, again, it's sort of a matter of principle. If the game wasn't being localized a year late I think people would have been less annoyed that not everything made it over.

It's like the waiter taking too long to deliver your food and then when he finally does, you're missing a part of your order.

As far as the Asian games, I'd rather mahjong, etc be in there than cut, I mean, it's not like I have to play them and a lot of fans of Yakuza happen to love Japanese stuff so them being cut is a direct slap in the face to people who, maybe want to play Mahjong in their Yakuza.  :afroman:  (and no, I'm not one of these people.)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:48:46 pm by -nSega54- »

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2011, 06:09:35 am »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
Agree with what Aki-at and Sharky said, some people just get a bee in their bonnet and feel the need to lose their shit whenever they percieve that they are 'losing' something.

I couldn't believe how daft some people were who were complaining about Yakuza 3 not coming, then when it WAS coming, told everyone to 'not buy it' so Sega would realise we don't like cut content.

Hell I would have been happy if they even cut out the Mahjonng game, how the fuck are you even supposed to play that? I couldn't make hide nor hair out of the game based on the in-game instructions (same with that Chinese card game in Ryuguujo)
Lol, you remind me of Yakuza 2. There was a quest where you had to beat this guy at the mahjong salon. I gave it everything I had putting hours and hours in the game, spending all my yens and loading the save file over and over again.

I first thought that I was going to learn it the longer I played it but soon I was found googling on the net trying to learn how the game works. I ended up hating it so much and avoid every salon lol. In Yakuza 4 I accedintly went into a salon and it gave me chills of the bad memories I had.  :lol:  :lol:

But I guess at least it's there lol. Man that shit is complicated

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2011, 06:09:50 am »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"

Lol, you remind me of Yakuza 2. There was a quest where you had to beat this guy at the mahjong salon. I gave it everything I had putting hours and hours in the game, spending all my yens and loading the save file over and over again.

I first thought that I was going to learn it the longer I played it but soon I was found googling on the net trying to learn how the game works. I ended up hating it so much and avoid every salon lol. In Yakuza 4 I accedintly went into a salon and it gave me chills of the bad memories I had.  :lol:  :lol:

But I guess at least it's there lol. Man that shit is complicated

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2011, 07:09:44 am »
Yeah, i wasn't seriously suggesting they cut it out, but just saying that I doubt many people would honestly miss it if it wasn't there.

Also, I just went back and finished all the side missions/faught Amon in Yakuza 3. I think he's tougher in Yakuza 3 than he was in 4.

Offline Centrale

« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2011, 12:50:18 pm »
Quote from: "CrazyTails"

Wasn't there some guy hanging out in the street outside, and you could just pay him a certain amount of money to avoid that part?

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2011, 01:43:11 pm »
Yeah, I know the part you are talking about in Yakuza 2. If you just give him a fairly large sum of money you do not need to play against him.

Anyways, I am progressing pretty well in Hostess Maker now but am using a guide. It is kind of ridiculous that even with that it is still very tedious.

Anyone else planning on getting all of the achievements? I wanted to do it in Yakuza 3, but Minigame Master seems like one of the hardest I have ever seen.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2011, 04:51:25 pm »
Quote from: "Centrale"
Quote from: "CrazyTails"

Wasn't there some guy hanging out in the street outside, and you could just pay him a certain amount of money to avoid that part?
Oh yeah I remember. I never like to take the easy way, but I did end up paying lol

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2011, 12:16:43 pm »
Going to bump this thread with awesome Shenmue-like music.

[youtube:198khwhh]EQnYbHgefSM[/youtube:198khwhh]