Author Topic: XBOX Next (Da beast)  (Read 7939 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
XBOX Next (Da beast)
« on: April 23, 2011, 10:44:49 pm »
so i was browing neogaf, and came upon an interesting post. Someone who works at AMD confirmed there is a console manufacture using an AMD processor in 2012. IGN Confirmed Wii 2 is using Triple-core Power PC
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... count=1366

So i used the google, and this came up. Seems people have forgotten about this.
http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-to ... t-gen-xbox
Information has surfaced showing that Microsoft's next generation Xbox will feature an AMD Fusion II CPU. The reports indicate that Microsoft is in the near final stages of soldifiying its hardware plans for the next version of its popular gaming platform, the Xbox.

According to Tweaktown.com, "It looks like the next-gen XBox will be based on technology from AMD based on production at Globalfoundaries on their 28nm 'high-k gate first' process." Intel and nVidia angered Microsoft after the initial Xbox release, which is what drove them to use the IBM Xenon processor in the Xbox 360.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Fusion
"Krishna" (28nm)
For the Desktop/Notebook markets, Zacate will be replaced by Krishna. It is expected to be available in 2 to 4-core variants with twice the GPU power of Zacate.

and here is a tech demo of the current AMD fusion, the llano
[youtube:hv0qblm9]VxATxZbiD_A[/youtube:hv0qblm9]

I'm totally expecting tech demos at Microsoft's E3 of their next XBOX :P Put the Nintendo fanboys back where they deserve to be. Right now they are sitting on high pedestals thinking Nintendo is going to dominate with the most powerful console.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: XBOX Next (Da beast)
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 10:51:37 pm »
I don't think 720 will debut at this E3, I think Xbox fans will need to wait until at least 2012 for that.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 10:56:38 pm »
Nah. Microsoft won't let Nintendo steal the thunder with revealing a new console. xP

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 11:07:13 pm »
Not like Microsoft has been ravaging the world with software either...

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 12:48:59 am »
Here goes Shadi siding with Microsoft just to laugh at Nintendo...

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 02:19:13 am »
Quote from: "George"
Not like Microsoft has been ravaging the world with software either...

You must have missed the part where all their studios started working on Kinect stuff : /

Offline George

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 03:36:06 am »
That is another reason I sold my 360. Buying an add on to play exclusives was just too much. I wasn't even touching the console.

Yes, the teams are working on Kinect, but how many exclusives have they announced? I mean, usually Microsoft always had a solid line up... now its sparse...

I can see why people would think they are moving on to another console.. that will most likely support Kinect/360 games.

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 04:06:26 am »
That is another reason I sold my 360. Buying an add on to play exclusives was just too much. I wasn't even touching the console.

Yes, the teams are working on Kinect, but how many exclusives have they announced? I mean, usually Microsoft always had a solid line up... now its sparse...

I can see why people would think they are moving on to another console.. that will most likely support Kinect/360 games.

You sold your 360 but keep your GamerTag in your signature?  :shock: As for their solid line ups, I got rid of my 360 a super long time ago (3 hardware failures in under 6 months make Taro a annoyed consumer), but 2011 has 7 games from MGS (with likely more announced for E3) and is actually a more active year for Microsoft Game Studios on 360 than 2005 (3), 2006 (4) and 2009 (5, and one was a sequel to a karaoke game called 'Lips' which I have never even heard of).

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Game_Studios#Xbox_360

Offline George

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 04:25:39 am »
I blame shadi, I was going to replace it and I kept getting an error. I'm lazy, LAZY!

I think Microsoft is already planning to move on and if Nintendo is, they will too. I don't think 2012 will be the year. I see them still doing Kinect games and just completely drop 360, make Xbox Next games.

I mean, mostly the games coming out are Kinect... so .. its not like a big thing they add more to a new platform.

Now if Microsoft could fix their studio problems. ... like stop closing them down.

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 05:01:52 am »
I blame shadi, I was going to replace it and I kept getting an error. I'm lazy, LAZY!

I think Microsoft is already planning to move on and if Nintendo is, they will too. I don't think 2012 will be the year. I see them still doing Kinect games and just completely drop 360, make Xbox Next games.

I mean, mostly the games coming out are Kinect... so .. its not like a big thing they add more to a new platform.

Now if Microsoft could fix their studio problems. ... like stop closing them down.

Looking at their release list definitely shows how weak their first party stuff has been, Sony has made huge improvements, Nintendo is obviously Nintendo, but with the disappearance of the 3rd party exclusive it is time for MS to step up and show they can match Sony and Nintendo's first party efforts.

Offline George

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 05:54:41 am »
Pretty much. Next gen this is what needs to happen.

1. Sony needs to make a console that doesn't fuck over developers.
2. Microsoft needs to get better first party studios.
3. Nintendo needs to get a way better online system, get 3rd party support.

Japanese developers need to shut the fuck up and stop caring about what is western and what is Japanese and just make games they want.

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011, 06:45:49 am »

Japanese developers need to shut the fuck up and stop caring about what is western and what is Japanese and just make games they want.

How did the PS3 screw devs? I just cannot think of when that happened? You mean it's high cost making it's install base smaller?

Offline George

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2011, 07:44:55 am »
Quote from: "TaroYamada"

How did the PS3 screw devs? I just cannot think of when that happened? You mean it's high cost making it's install base smaller?
A lot of 3rd parties complained about developing games on the cell, it was too hard etc etc. Mostly why 3rd party games always look better on 360. It had a lot of hate during launch and a couple of years after.

Sony made their usual rude comments about the whole thing:
"It's hard to program for, and a lot of people see the negatives of it, but if you flip that around, it means the hardware has a lot more to offer," Hirai explained, pointing to the graphical advances of God of War, which hit the PS2 almost five years after launch, as an example of that strategy.

He added: "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"

http://www.shacknews.com/article/56844/ ... to-develop

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2011, 08:59:23 am »
Quote from: "TaroYamada"

A lot of 3rd parties complained about developing games on the cell, it was too hard etc etc. Mostly why 3rd party games always look better on 360. It had a lot of hate during launch and a couple of years after.

Sony made their usual rude comments about the whole thing:
"It's hard to program for, and a lot of people see the negatives of it, but if you flip that around, it means the hardware has a lot more to offer," Hirai explained, pointing to the graphical advances of God of War, which hit the PS2 almost five years after launch, as an example of that strategy.

He added: "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"

http://www.shacknews.com/article/56844/ ... to-develop

Sony was just defending their product. NGP is proof that they don't believe that =P I mean Krazy Ken probably thought that way, but NGP is proof that isn't what Sony wants.

As for the Japanese.. can't change tradition =P they have never liked American products. Although they do seem to like Apple, maybe it's because Apple makes quality products like you would see from the Japanese (oooooooh!!!!)

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2011, 03:14:54 pm »
I think it is a bit soon for a new console, and I am pretty sure Microsoft knows that too.

As far as I can tell, it looks as if they are trying to build up the Windows Phone brand before anything else. Kinect is at a good spot and otherwise Microsoft just thinks Gears is enough for their core fans. I am really mad that Halo 1 is being remade already (first one still plays fine, just make an HD version with online play and call it a day), but that will probably do really good too. Regardless, I am expecting a bunch of announcements soon. Hopefully for XBLA stuff, which has the best lineup this gen (IMHO).

Otherwise, I think Sony is pretty weak this year too. Nintendo has a bunch of decent looking releases coming though. Two Zeldas in a row, oh lawdy.

Quote from: "ShadiNeko"
they have never liked American products.

This is only really true with the Xbox and I guess stuff like N-Gage? 3DO sold best in Japan, for instance. I also heard PCs do okay there!