Author Topic: XBOX Next (Da beast)  (Read 7938 times)

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: XBOX Next (Da beast)
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 03:45:58 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Otherwise, I think Sony is pretty weak this year too. Nintendo has a bunch of decent looking releases coming though. Two Zeldas in a row, oh lawdy.

Sony's had a pretty good year so far, Little Big Planet 2, KillZone 3, Gran Turismo 5, Infamous 2 later this year, Last Guardian, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, Twisted Metal, and then they will announce more at E3, but overall a pretty busy looking year for their studios to me. Especially with this rumored Warhawks sequel.

Also "decent" and Zelda do not belong that close together unless describing: Zelda II, Phantom Hourglass, or Spirit Tracks. "Bad" is also acceptable for Zelda II and the CDi games. As a new 3DS owner though, gotta say that outside of Super Mario 3D the Nintendo release list is weak, remakes and remakes. Good thing Megaman Legends 3 will likely pwn.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 11:05:29 pm »
Sanus thinking Sony is doing weak? No surprise here. Though, bummed about Last Guardian ...being.. delayed.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2011, 03:07:18 pm »
Games that take 6 years to make and have Saturn quality trees is not a good thing. Most of the other stuff mentioned are already out anyways and have been a disappointment in either reviews or sales, inFamous 2 and Uncharted 3 are sure to be incredible and sell tons though. The Last Guardian is going to be one of those games that is played in mass by the snobbiest gamers to begin with.

Yakuza 4 is better than their entire list. I am sure (the same can be said about the other lineups on other consoles though...).

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 03:12:36 pm »
Oh, boy... It's not that it's a bad idea to start thinking about new hardware, but I don't think the time is right for a new console cycle.

If there is one thing that Microsoft needs to get their sh*t together is indeed 1st party software.

They never brave outside of Fable, Gears of War, Halo and Forza, that's it. Alan Wake was a gamble and it failed, but at least it was something different. The last events have been pretty sad because they almost always put their franchises in the background and promote the next big Call of Duty game as if they own it. It is pretty sad.

Maybe with Kinect they can strike some gold, but right now, their current line-up is pretty sad.

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 04:11:28 pm »
Quote from: "max_cady"
Oh, boy... It's not that it's a bad idea to start thinking about new hardware, but I don't think the time is right for a new console cycle.

If there is one thing that Microsoft needs to get their sh*t together is indeed 1st party software.

They never brave outside of Fable, Gears of War, Halo and Forza, that's it. Alan Wake was a gamble and it failed, but at least it was something different. The last events have been pretty sad because they almost always put their franchises in the background and promote the next big Call of Duty game as if they own it. It is pretty sad.

Maybe with Kinect they can strike some gold, but right now, their current line-up is pretty sad.

This ^

Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Games that take 6 years to make and have Saturn quality trees is not a good thing. Most of the other stuff mentioned are already out anyways and have been a disappointment in either reviews or sales, inFamous 2 and Uncharted 3 are sure to be incredible and sell tons though. The Last Guardian is going to be one of those games that is played in mass by the snobbiest gamers to begin with.

Yakuza 4 is better than their entire list. I am sure (the same can be said about the other lineups on other consoles though...).

Well sales are not really indicative of quality though, so I don't think it should really be brought into a discussion on whether a 1st party is providing quality experiences for their console owners.

LBP 2 has sold somewhere around half a million, which is probably lower than Sony wanted, but it also averaged a 90+% on Metacritic. Killzone 3 averaged around 84, I don't like the series, but that's a respectable average. GT 5 sold around 6.37 million by the latest figures and averaged around 84% again.

Its' been a good line up in my opinion.

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 06:34:49 pm »
What Xbox exclusives are there anyways? It seems PS3 has been getting a ton of more exclusives each day.

And I think it is too early for Xbox 720.

Offline George

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 09:27:06 pm »
Gears of War 3 for 360. I guess if we are counting Kinect... there is a lot there... like Rise of Nightmares, Project Darco and whatever else was announced.

Little Big Planet 2 did better than the first so far, has been charting in Europe since release. I'm sure it has broken a million easy. Killzone 3 beta was fantastic. I have not gotten the game... I was ABOUT to pick it this week but... well.. no PSN no go. Plus my internet at my house sucks. If it didn't, I would have gotten it on day one.

Also say what you will about GT5, but it outsold Forza 3 2 to 1 in a few months (compared to Forza 3's yearly sales).

Sony also has exclusive content in games on their side getting Kratos in MK, Portal 2 looks better has PC version and PC play and the upcoming Virtua Tennis 4 is built around PS3 with (according to reviews) great move support and exclusive content.

Sony has been turning their image around, especially with 3rd party support. Too bad the PSN thing happen lol.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 05:02:38 pm »
Someone tell me about the specs of the next Nintendo console, what I can compare it to etc?
Made by SEGA

Offline George

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2011, 06:13:14 pm »
Project Cafe has 'leaked' specs. AKA not confirmed:

GPU - Wii 2's GPU will be a modified version of AMD's R700 architecture.
CPU - The CPU will be a custom-designed triple-core version of the IBM PowerPC chipset.
Visuals - Project Cafe will run in 1080p, and may be able to utilize Stereoscopic 3D, though it hasn't been confirmed as a feature.
Size & Design - The console will be around the same size as the first-gen Xbox 360, and may be designed to look like a futuristic looking Super Nintendo.
Price - Say goodbye to Nintendo having the "budget" console: Project Cafe may cost between 350 and 400 dollars.
Release Date - Supposedly, the Cafe itself could be ready to ship from the manufacturer to retailers as soon as mid-to-late October, but in order to give developers more time with the new hardware, Nintendo may not launch the console until early 2012.

The console will be better than the 360 and PS3 by a considerable amount. The thing is running on AMD's R700 video cards.. about the 4000 series. They are outdated for PCs though and we don't know what the next box will run.

Again this is 'rumored' specs. So we will have to see what Nintendo shows at the show.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2011, 10:53:00 am »
http://www.develop-online.net/news/3761 ... esks-at-EA

Microsoft gonna steal Nintendo's E3 Thunder

told you so =P

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2011, 01:19:47 pm »
Microsoft is not going to announce their next console this soon. Same with Sony, Move and Kinect are kind of ways to relaunch those platforms, plus with how close everything seems hardware-wise, it does not really seem necessary to just be the most powerful ones around.

Regardless, E3 is going to be so much fun this year. I am very excited.

Offline George

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2011, 04:19:52 pm »
Kinect and Move suck. I rather have an actual console.