Author Topic: Saturn Memories  (Read 52851 times)

Offline Saturn Memories

• Total Meseta: 3
  • In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
Re: Saturn Memories
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2014, 09:53:37 am »
Saturn Memories: A look back upon Sega in the mid-'90s. Featuring Saturn, ST-V, Model 2, and MORE!
Twitter: @SaturnMemories

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2014, 02:44:51 pm »
This is actually one my most favorite series. It is about the respect of the muscle, and while people do not seem to understand that, you need to be an body lifter, or strong man to fully get this idea. You need to check out Arnold in "Pump it up" to really get this game . Everything he says in his earlier works, pretty much explains what this series is about. The muscle is love, love the muscles, respect the muscles, worship the muscle.

I love Boy ( male oriented  ) series, as much as I love Erouge/Pinku/SpegitiWest/Blkex/Sexploitation, and anything else glued to that. Boy, seems to get to me a lot. It shows youth in low-life situations, and does a decent job of it.

unrelated ( we are talking about muscle related things ), Ultimate Muscle ( like fighting foodons ) had this coin machine ( Like Apon Man ). Ultimate Muscle, actually has a couple of comics ( manga ) related and unrelated to it, including a tarzan escho series.

I can see the makers of this game, did not really put much thought into the content, as the PCE games. They look like they just wanted to have a good time making this thing, rather then show off the systems capabilities.

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2014, 05:56:18 pm »
I can see the makers of this game, did not really put much thought into the content, as the PCE games. They look like they just wanted to have a good time making this thing, rather then show off the systems capabilities.

They hopped on the digitized sprites bandwagon. It doesn't look particularly good, but it's forgivable given the absurd nature of the game.
Saturn Memories: A look back upon Sega in the mid-'90s. Featuring Saturn, ST-V, Model 2, and MORE!

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2014, 04:08:56 am »
http://youtu.be/oJOYbjkIgSs

In what can only be described as a bizarre fever dream, Super Mario Bros. director Rocky Morton introduces the West to Sega's new 32-bit powerhouse. This ad has everything: topless women with silver boobs, a freaky eye-extraction device, out of place Christ imagery, and -- get this -- A REAL-LIFE HORNET! Too bad they had to go and wreck it...

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2014, 09:14:30 am »
Awesome commercial. I'm a big fan of Rocky Morton, not for the notorious Super Mario Bros. movie, but for his other masterpiece created with his partner Annabel Jankel - Max Headroom. A very short-lived visionary satire with the most sophisticated and satisfying writing I've ever seen on network television - and it was all about critiquing network television and mass media itself. Those two were in the practice of taking major pop culture icons and turning them around to subversively and reflectively satirize the media through which they were delivered. Thus, they didn't stay in the business for long! But man, what a run they had.

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2014, 04:14:09 pm »
Awesome commercial. I'm a big fan of Rocky Morton, not for the notorious Super Mario Bros. movie, but for his other masterpiece created with his partner Annabel Jankel - Max Headroom. A very short-lived visionary satire with the most sophisticated and satisfying writing I've ever seen on network television - and it was all about critiquing network television and mass media itself. Those two were in the practice of taking major pop culture icons and turning them around to subversively and reflectively satirize the media through which they were delivered. Thus, they didn't stay in the business for long! But man, what a run they had.

Neat! I'll have to check that out sometime.

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2014, 07:37:58 am »

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #127 on: June 08, 2014, 12:42:00 am »

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #128 on: June 08, 2014, 08:46:22 am »
Isn't this the same RED that made "Far East Of Eden" ?

It would be funny, because of all the antics included in the three TEMPO games, seems to match their cartoonish delinquency

If TEMPO had an cartoon, next to Sonic The Hedgehog, it would have made millions, maybe even trilions. It is not too late.

The Master system could have just had another converter, on top to make it a more powerful system. I would rather that then the Genesis. They could have done that, then intergrate it into the genesis. So much power on an little system like that. That was the nice thing about SEGA, at the time.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #129 on: June 08, 2014, 09:58:04 am »
The Master system could have just had another converter, on top to make it a more powerful system. I would rather that then the Genesis. They could have done that, then intergrate it into the genesis. So much power on an little system like that. That was the nice thing about SEGA, at the time.

The Master System does have an expansion port on the bottom/rear. But it ended up never being utilized by Sega at the time. Personally I really wanted them to make a keyboard and disk drive for it... I even called up Sega once to ask about it, but they gave the usual "no plans at this time" kind of response.

In subsequent years, though, some modders have used it to install an FM sound unit like the one that was built into the Japanese version of the Master System, to provide better sound for certain games that use it.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #130 on: June 09, 2014, 08:47:20 am »
I know that, they have an keyboad, floppy disk, as well as the FM and glasses unit. But the slot itself is kinda useless because their is an slot beneath all ( if not most SMS, like an NES ??? )

I was thinking, more about something on top like the 32X. I would just have made an PCB, that would lock into place on top of the SMS or Mark III, and then build an new system later in the life, with more power. In fact I think the SMS is shaped like that, because they did plan to fit something on top, asides the extra Aluminum shielding.

The master system is not greater then the SNES, obviously, but looking at the Game Gear, games, which featured alot of pretty fancy graphics, being used, proved SEGA could have maxxed it out, to the level of maybe an 32X.

I know the 32X is a system in it's own right, but it can work with the Genesis.

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2014, 02:59:17 pm »
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 07:37:46 am by Saturn Memories »

Offline MrTechnoSqueek

• Total Meseta: 0
  • It's Thinking...
« Reply #132 on: July 07, 2014, 09:38:57 pm »
Just subbed man...I have been wanting to boost up my Saturn collection mostly been wanting the Thunder Force games for it.
PSN:TechnoSqueek
XBL:Techno Squeek
Steam:technosqueek