Author Topic: Possible TGS suprise games leaked.  (Read 40772 times)

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
Re: Possible TGS suprise games leaked.
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2015, 04:20:47 pm »
Initial D: Lexus Stage?

I don't have a problem with a car game. Nagoshi worked on Daytona, so who knows. Could be a solid arcade racer with a license.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2015, 04:27:09 pm »
Initial D: Lexus Stage?

I don't have a problem with a car game. Nagoshi worked on Daytona, so who knows. Could be a solid arcade racer with a license.

I just don't see them taking out a license for an Arcade racer on PS4... If it's a care game I bet itll be a sim. A boring ass sim...
Made by SEGA

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2015, 05:13:53 pm »
Lol, Sega Japan gave up on making racers for consoles loooooong ago. Sega Rally 2006 was the last one for consoles, and in the arcades the last ones were 2009

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2015, 05:19:38 pm »
It seems highly unusual to have any kind of car/racing game these days focused on a single manufacturer. The only other thing I can think of is that it's something that Lexus sponsors. I did a quick news search and the only two major things I noticed are a bicycle race and a golf tournament.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2015, 05:28:23 pm »
I'm quiet confident it has nothing to do with the Lexus brand.
Made by SEGA

Offline jonboy101

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2015, 06:18:30 pm »
Maybe it's to do with lexisnexis and is a law simulator.  :P

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2015, 06:18:58 pm »
I'm quiet confident it has nothing to do with the Lexus brand.

You know what's interesting? The Lexus brand became active in Japan. They used to be branded Toyota, which is the original manufacturer.

It's funny that jonboy mentioned Initial D as a possibility. The main car in that anime is a Toyota. I'll laugh if that ends up being what the game is.

Offline jonboy101

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2015, 06:23:48 pm »
Perhaps a nice oculus rift or whatever ps4 is getting Lexus driving simulator.

Offline Moody

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2015, 07:30:48 pm »
My guess is Lexus is purely a fake name they put on the site to trick people. SEGA had to have known in this day and age not to just put stuff like that in their webpages unless they wanted it to be discovered. Especially with Lexus being a brand name, I'd think they're just screwing with people. I am pretty disappointed that their new games to "win back the crowd" seem to be PlayStation only. Where's that PC support they were rallying for a couple years ago?

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2015, 07:56:38 pm »
I do have a feeling it's going to be a car game... Which I think is a mistake.

It better not be.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2015, 08:27:40 pm »
Radrappy, you have a weird slice of SEGA's history that you consider 'SEGA DNA' or whatever the hell. Not to be rude, but SEGA has ALWAYS done car/racing game ever since 1983's Turbo, to 1986's Outrun etc.

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2015, 08:54:01 pm »
Radrappy, you have a weird slice of SEGA's history that you consider 'SEGA DNA' or whatever the hell. Not to be rude, but SEGA has ALWAYS done car/racing game ever since 1983's Turbo, to 1986's Outrun etc.

It's funny that you say this as I'm enjoying the shit out of outrun 3d right now.  I guess my saying "it better not be" is more of a "that's not going to turn expectations around" reaction rather than whether or not I will enjoy the game personally. 

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2015, 09:09:09 pm »
3D Outrun is a great little game, love the extras they added. Love playing it on easy without traffic when I want to relax and just cruise and enjoy the mechanics/music/scenery. Must own for sure.

I feel the same way about racing games, like, the style of games i like are not going to be green lit by SEGA anymore, sadly. Though in the end, Lexus could just be a codename for the game.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2015, 08:31:51 am »
Yakuza news announced?!?

Yakuza 1 Remake and Yakuza 6 announced. Good times if you're a Yakuza fan.

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2015, 08:36:44 am »
Holy shit, Yakuza 6, Yakuza remake and Vanillaware Mecha game. This pleases my gaming wee wee. Hope we get more reveals and gameplay footage during the week.

I think your feeling this 'being out of touch' with whats popular. I used to hear the same stuff about how trashy anime and comics got in the 90's compared to what they where in the 80's etc.

I do agree, video game art in Japan was better during late 90's/00's and its not just SEGA that is changing, something like Alpha 3's art style is superior in my opinion to Street Fighter V, but will I dismiss a game due to them changing the art style over time? No.

To be fair, he's not outright dismissing the game, he's mostly complaining how the artstyle of PSO2 is much more generic than the original, even if he picked a weird way of phrasing it. And I can certainly agree with that. What was mainstream and generic in the 80s and 90s was actually much more appealing than the corner cutting, simplified artstyle of today so I do think that it's the most "meh" PS in terms of art direction