Author Topic: Chicago 1987 Broadcast  (Read 8852 times)

Offline Superglue

• Total Meseta: 0
Chicago 1987 Broadcast
« on: September 12, 2019, 05:50:19 pm »
I know this is completely random, but I think I saw multiple people on this website who claim to be from Chicago.
In 1987, there was a broadcast interruption from a guy in a Max Headroom mask. I'm very interested/kind of obsessed in what happened and what his motive for the incident was. Do any of you even know what I'm referring to?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Chicago 1987 Broadcast
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 08:46:22 am »
I didn't live in Chicago at the time, and was only 3 years old anyway so I wouldn't remember it, but I did read quite a bit about it since. It was pretty crazy when it happened, and the many stories of who it might be.

This is a great source with links to articles and speculation as to who Max was: https://www.wbur.org/endlessthread/2019/11/22/to-the-max-headroom

Offline Superglue

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 06:00:26 pm »
Thanks for the response. Sorry I'm just now getting back to this topic, but I've been kind of busy. My theory is that the person behind the mask was a disgruntled former employee of the news network and he was attempting to get some revenge on them. My guess is that he was also very young. Probably in his early 20s.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 04:18:18 pm »
I believe the theory that he was the weird brother of a hacker and they let him do whatever he wanted in the video.

Offline Superglue

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 06:27:58 pm »
You mean that J guy who had autism? I think it was likely him to. Regardless of who it was, it was completely random both times it happened and it looks like something you would see on Adult Swim around two in the morning. Right around the time those call girl commercials are playing.