Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155525 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #2730 on: April 14, 2012, 03:58:23 pm »
Want to get into rollerblading, have been doing tons of research on equipment, cause i know not everything is built the same. Ordered a helmet lastnight and ordered some protective padding today. Ordered those online cause they are way too overpriced in retail stores.

Going to get the skates IRL, lots of sporting stores here in minneapoils, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Isn't MN rated one of the healthiest states? It's up there, I know. Plus, given all the lakes I'm sure there are a load of 'blading stores. Don't forget your spray cans!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 05:30:22 pm by ShadiNeko »

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #2731 on: April 14, 2012, 05:31:26 pm »
Isn't MN rated one of the healthiest states? It's up there, I know. Plus, given all the lakes I'm sure there are a load of 'blading stores. Don't forget your spray cans!

shit! i accidently edited your post when replying xD i thought i hit the quote button, sorry about that )=

Yeah, I think Minneapolis or MN is one of those.. can't remember. and LOL yeah, nah im good, I don't wanna get tazerd bro, but yeah xD i don't think I'll be doing tricks on rollerblades anytime soon, best stick to jsr for that =P

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2732 on: April 14, 2012, 05:33:07 pm »
Wow, seeing my best friends on my hometown just felt surreal.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #2733 on: April 15, 2012, 01:00:44 pm »
got the rollerblades today

definitely gotta wait for the protective gear to arrive before i go outside on them though, feels way too easy to fall with even just one on. xD I put one on in my room just to see how it felt, room is hard floor at the moment, and yeah it just wanted to slip allover the place. It felt exciting, yet scary.. i can't wait! XD I definitely think I'll be falling quite a bit.

Dicks Sporting Goods had these for $99, they feel like really good skates
http://www.rollerblade.com/usa/products/spiritblade/?cat=men

apparently they are like normally like 170 dollars or so, so i got lucky.. yay!

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2734 on: April 19, 2012, 04:46:58 pm »
I think there's something seriously screwy with MyMemory.co.uk's store brand micro SD cards.

The 16GB, 4GB and 2GB cards work like a charm. But the 8GB model just goes haywire after a certain amount of time. Doesn't matter: Two weeks or two months. It stops working.

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #2735 on: April 20, 2012, 10:14:05 am »
got the rollerblades today

definitely gotta wait for the protective gear to arrive before i go outside on them though, feels way too easy to fall with even just one on. xD I put one on in my room just to see how it felt, room is hard floor at the moment, and yeah it just wanted to slip allover the place. It felt exciting, yet scary.. i can't wait! XD I definitely think I'll be falling quite a bit.

Dicks Sporting Goods had these for $99, they feel like really good skates
http://www.rollerblade.com/usa/products/spiritblade/?cat=men

apparently they are like normally like 170 dollars or so, so i got lucky.. yay!

That's awesome! I remember trying a friend's roller blades out when I was eight years old, I was terrible at it and didn't have any patience at the time for practicing it. I was decent at riding bikes and scooters and that did take some practice, but I was just like "the hell with this" for roller blading. Good luck.

For the most part what's on my mind lately includes Project X Zone, how stingy I need to be with my money (I've been good about saving this year, but now I'm sort of questioning the degree to which I need to save. Saving is good, but I'm considering lightening up), and the future of American politics. Is it the case that in order for more to be accomplished, one side has to have the upper hand? Perhaps so.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2736 on: April 27, 2012, 08:55:44 pm »

No job right now.
No money.
Have not received any pay for any of the three freelancer jobs I did, 2 weeks and counting.
Car has brake issues and the driver's seat is starting to bend.
Still awake at 3 am mulling this over.

Offline inthesky

• Altaha Abilia
« Reply #2737 on: April 28, 2012, 08:14:46 am »
Good luck dude. I don't know what your circumstances are otherwise but the economy is indeed tough despite what anyone else may tell you--the labor landscape has changed. Plus I would think it'd just be difficult to be a freelancer, though you get that much needed freedom.

I myself am looking for jobs right now--I'm about to graduate from undergrad, and I'm hoping I might be able to get the sort of job I'm looking for in the future. Everything I really want to do involves having more experience, so I realize I'll be biding my time doing jobs that aren't necessarily my dReAm Jobzz0rz!11 (unless what I'm looking for changes in the future) for a while.

I'm also finding my own approach to college graduation odd--I am ambivalent, I'm going to miss New York (and I want to go back someday, though not necessarily live there), the people I met here, the experiences, that whole sort of feeling of being in the last bastion before I am compelled to assume a greater responsibility for my life. Yet at the same time I want to move on and see what the future's going to be like. Considering this, I don't have any real....strong emotions, about graduating, most everyone else out of my friends seem more emotional about graduating than I do. This doesn't trouble me, but...perplexes me I guess.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #2738 on: April 28, 2012, 10:19:22 am »
@max_cady: Good luck sir. Are you eligible for emplyment insurance.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2739 on: April 29, 2012, 04:23:29 am »
Thanks, guys.

I've talked with a couple of my friends, hopefully I can get something rolling in May.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4

Offline inthesky

• Altaha Abilia
« Reply #2741 on: May 02, 2012, 01:00:31 pm »
The cancelling of EMH if it does happen is highly alarming--that was a surprisingly good show, though I only watched about most of the first season. I can't agree with the reasoning either.

Did anyone here use to watch Heroes? I'm not sure how much Loeb contributed to its spectacular downfall, but...yeesh.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2742 on: May 02, 2012, 02:15:00 pm »
Wonder what Cube is doing right now...

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2743 on: May 02, 2012, 05:58:37 pm »

I just finished Binary Domain 20 minutes ago...

So... much... WIN!

Will explain tomorrow.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #2744 on: May 05, 2012, 05:10:37 pm »
feeling really depressed today