Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155529 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #2910 on: December 18, 2012, 03:44:44 pm »
lol, over all, there isnt much difference between mod and admin when it comes to dealing with users. Admin is more.. board wide stuff, and server stuff.

for barry it's mainly a title upgrade :P

Consider this a warning.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #2911 on: December 18, 2012, 04:03:09 pm »
I've always been a SEGA/Sonic fan, so seeing a community filled with so many people who don't know/care about SEGA is just odd, and off-putting to me. There is a LOT of Nintendo love at TSSMB. Not that I hate Nintendo, but don't dare go over there and mention something negative about Wii U... even if you want to have a friendly discussion it won't go well.

Apologies for carrying this on but if I may...

I agree with you about the board should be primary on SEGA with Nintendo discussion being a mere discussion point.

I don't get why you can't say if you don't like a console or a company (I don't hate any company personally...just decisions of x company when they do something stupid)....but I guess the internet is serious business.

I wish people were friendly online as well as IRL...some of the trolls and nasty message from anon members wouldn't dare say this to your face....most likely because they don't have any muscle or fight in them...the rules should apply here too (not SEGAbits, I mean the internet in general). You say something really messed up or bad? IP ban...unfortunately some sites don't ban the bad eggs or worse yet...they take part in the trolling due to being chums with those bad eggs...

Anyway, glad to not see that as much here and you can express yourself how you wish!
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2912 on: December 24, 2012, 07:08:14 pm »

Aaarghh! I just don't understand... I really don't like Dragon Ball. Nor Z, especially GT. Never liked any of the side films. But this abridged Dragon Ball Kai is... actually decent! I am now confused.

Offline ungibbed

• Total Meseta: 4
  • hater of haters...
« Reply #2913 on: December 25, 2012, 02:23:57 am »
Apologies for carrying this on but if I may...

I agree with you about the board should be primary on SEGA with Nintendo discussion being a mere discussion point.

I don't get why you can't say if you don't like a console or a company (I don't hate any company personally...just decisions of x company when they do something stupid)....but I guess the internet is serious business.

I wish people were friendly online as well as IRL...some of the trolls and nasty message from anon members wouldn't dare say this to your face....most likely because they don't have any muscle or fight in them...the rules should apply here too (not SEGAbits, I mean the internet in general). You say something really messed up or bad? IP ban...unfortunately some sites don't ban the bad eggs or worse yet...they take part in the trolling due to being chums with those bad eggs...

Anyway, glad to not see that as much here and you can express yourself how you wish!

I just needed to say this, I'm glad I see more open minds here who not only love Sega and Sega games and hardware, but still have an open mind and not afraid to admit owning a Wii or other object or subject that's easy to hate on or bring up a complete flame war.

I quit posting on IGN being a member (and regular) there since 2001 mainly for the reasons you describe. The mods were rather abusive in some areas while completely slacking in another (sometimes fueling the fire too) and I simply grew tired of it there with the bloated board code which was slow and clunky.

They finally did overhaul the message boards, but the tightly knit communities left due to a insane number of ads (even after paying a yearly subscription to remove them) and a huge waste of screen space.

What game news and reviews that were exclusive to paid members (including posting permissions on many forums) wasn't worth it any longer. What forums I did visit eventually became ghost towns or were deleted.

Made me rather sad as it was a way to keep busy on a boring day or I'd discuss in game help topics which Metroid Prime was a popular spot. The black eye of the entire community was the Gamecube General Board. Nothing but system wars and far fetched hopefor the Gamecube faithful who decided that was the only console they wanted. The other was the free access board known as "Teh Vestibule" (autocorrect gave me a real fight on that).

I hope that this place never becomes that awful nightmare.
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline ungibbed

• hater of haters...
« Reply #2914 on: December 25, 2012, 02:27:24 am »
Merry Christmas Sega fans!
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #2915 on: December 25, 2012, 02:28:46 pm »
Merry Christmas Sega fans!

thx u to :)

my thoughts for now.

i feel like buying a new sega console and i freaking pretend it to exist

here is a song about a new sega console lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xsiLS48gqI

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #2916 on: December 25, 2012, 07:01:59 pm »
Yesterday I commented on the latest Soulja Boy video on youtube that his ladyfriend looked like a man with witty wording. Got voted up and some replies of people laughing along. Good fun.

Today I noticed he actually went on and deleted every single one of our comments. Talk about rich insecure prick.
SEG4GES

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #2917 on: December 25, 2012, 08:06:35 pm »
Yesterday I commented on the latest Soulja Boy video on youtube that his ladyfriend looked like a man with witty wording. Got voted up and some replies of people laughing along. Good fun.

Today I noticed he actually went on and deleted every single one of our comments. Talk about rich insecure prick.

LOL

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #2918 on: December 25, 2012, 10:34:09 pm »
This would please Shadi lol. Had a great time with the family on Christmas and tried to surprise my little cousins with the Wii U but... they decided to play my uncles PS3. They played the Wii U afterwards when everyone left.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #2919 on: December 25, 2012, 11:59:14 pm »
It may be a little late, but I hope everyone had a happy holiday. Mine was surprisingly good. Holidays are typically depressing for me, but this year was different. It was refreshing.

One item I received was a Sonic pillow. Has the classic Sonic logo from the first game's main menu. She took it from a bootleg T-shirt and sewed it into a pillow. I love it.

To everyone who may read this, how was your holiday?

Oh, I got a $50 gift card to GameSTOP. Thinking of buying a new SEGA game. Any suggestions?

Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #2920 on: December 26, 2012, 12:08:10 am »
This would please Shadi lol. Had a great time with the family on Christmas and tried to surprise my little cousins with the Wii U but... they decided to play my uncles PS3. They played the Wii U afterwards when everyone left.

Your cousins have good taste! LOL

Offline ungibbed

• hater of haters...
« Reply #2921 on: December 26, 2012, 12:18:27 am »
Trying to reason with the unreasonable is like masturbating with a cheese grater. Slightly entertaining but mostly... painful...

:o

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2922 on: December 26, 2012, 05:29:11 am »
Got a bit of the Christmas blues right now...

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #2923 on: December 26, 2012, 05:58:37 am »
Got a bit of the Christmas blues right now...

What's up?
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #2924 on: December 26, 2012, 06:06:13 am »
Trying to reason with the unreasonable is like masturbating with a cheese grater. Slightly entertaining but mostly... painful...

:o

maybe they should try soap.
LOL masturbate with tabasco on your weener..  thats literally hotter then the hottest chick