Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155375 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #3165 on: April 25, 2013, 03:10:37 pm »
My handle was IpsoFacto, I had a Bane avatar. I commented on a topic called "LOL Republicans" and I decided to reply to a poster there that I felt was gettin' on my nerves. Then I replied back with "Sorry, if the truth hurts..."

And about 3 minutes later, I get a notification saying that I was banned till September, because the admins thought that my follow-up comment was "clearly" an attempt to troll.

I ain't even mad, bro.

Lmao, George got perma-banned for making a comment that was considered "sexist"

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #3166 on: April 25, 2013, 03:46:51 pm »
i feel like eating a bread with doner

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #3167 on: April 25, 2013, 04:29:26 pm »
Glad to know Nameless supports the right team in Manchester (Or the team that annoys me the least)
When do we Arsene fans get to party?
SEG4GES

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #3168 on: April 25, 2013, 06:58:44 pm »
Dicks.

Offline GeneHF

• Total Meseta: 0
  • Classier than you'll ever be
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #3169 on: April 25, 2013, 07:13:45 pm »
[This space for rent]

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #3170 on: April 26, 2013, 06:37:25 am »
Glad to know Nameless supports the right team in Manchester (Or the team that annoys me the least)

Thanks I guess, lol.

Although the football team that is closest to me is in the Non-League and likely not exist by the end of September...and City fans seem to hate on them just because they get beat by them in every friendly, which is pretty petty of City fans.

Regarding things, you do get dickhead City fans also...as I've experienced for nudging a guy once and apologised and got a "Prick" in response, a role model to his kid I say....

We could sing the same song United sung at Chelsea to United.

"United today will be grinning. Fergie keep that trophy glistening. We'll be back next May, to take it away. Walking in a City wonderland".

Who do you support anyway? I pretty much like most English Football teams and hope Wigan survive this year.

My handle was IpsoFacto, I had a Bane avatar. I commented on a topic called "LOL Republicans" and I decided to reply to a poster there that I felt was gettin' on my nerves. Then I replied back with "Sorry, if the truth hurts..."

And about 3 minutes later, I get a notification saying that I was banned till September, because the admins thought that my follow-up comment was "clearly" an attempt to troll.

I ain't even mad, bro.

So you were banned for making a small comment to someone who was bugging you? Wow...why is Gaf so serious about almost everything?

That thread in particular is known for getting members banned too.

I really see no point in posting on NeoGaf, unless you have the same opinion as everyone else or you stand out for being "unique", getting banned seems to be an easy indicator of you being different to every other member on there, or in your case defend yourself from someone's annoying posts.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 06:45:21 am by Nameless 24 »
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline FourCartridge

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #3171 on: April 26, 2013, 08:50:21 am »
I once remember seeing a guy at the Escapist Forums get banned for including a crying baby gif in his post about "tired of cynicism". It didn't really seem like a bannable offense, maybe something for a suspension.

But then again...

Offline max_cady

« Reply #3172 on: April 27, 2013, 02:35:54 am »
@Nameless 24

Politically-themed topics never seem to have a happy outcome for anybody on NeoGaf.

Update: Though, in hindsight, my comment was a bit heavy and broad. NeoGaf is broadly liberal/left-leaning and the sense I get is that non-positive remarks about Barack Obama and the Democrats in general are unpopular and not well accepted.

I've learned to accept that. I spent a grand total of 15 seconds mulling over my ban notification, so again, not really a big deal.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 05:19:24 am by max_cady »

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #3173 on: April 27, 2013, 05:57:02 am »
Remember, on the internet everyone is an atheistic liberal that loves his freedumz.
SEG4GES

Offline ungibbed

• Total Meseta: 4
  • hater of haters...
« Reply #3174 on: April 27, 2013, 12:23:09 pm »
Wondering what game to pick up today for the Wii U of all things. Given the blind hate for the system here, I can only imagine the flamboyant response in 3... 2... 1...

Flame suit enabled!
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline max_cady

« Reply #3175 on: April 27, 2013, 04:51:36 pm »
I've had myself a major overall video games burnout...

Not that I don't like playin' games anymore, it's just that 2013 looks even more barren than 2012 was.

There's only a handful of games (that I know of) that I'm lookin' foward to , but right now, I don't feel like playin' anything right now. Taking a video game sabbatical as of right now!

Offline Rori

• Total Meseta: 0
  • transcending the normative
« Reply #3176 on: April 28, 2013, 03:18:12 am »
I really want a Neo Geo AES and one of those like 100-n-1 cartridges!

Offline FourCartridge

« Reply #3177 on: April 28, 2013, 04:00:20 am »
I've had myself a major overall video games burnout...

Not that I don't like playin' games anymore, it's just that 2013 looks even more barren than 2012 was.

There's only a handful of games (that I know of) that I'm lookin' foward to , but right now, I don't feel like playin' anything right now. Taking a video game sabbatical as of right now!

I feel the same thing; The only 2013 games I looked forward too were Ni No Kuni, Bioshock Infinite, and The Last of Us. Right now I'm plaything though all the 7th gen games I missed, Valkyria Chronicles, Sleeping Dogs, etc.

Totally saving money for the PS4 though.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #3178 on: April 28, 2013, 04:44:08 am »
Wondering what game to pick up today for the Wii U of all things. Given the blind hate for the system here, I can only imagine the flamboyant response in 3... 2... 1...

Flame suit enabled!
Fifa
SEG4GES

Offline FourCartridge

« Reply #3179 on: April 28, 2013, 05:25:47 am »
There's also the Most Wanted port, and the upcoming Deus Ex port.

Most people don't blindly hate the Wii U, and it'll probably be worth the money once Ninty get's it 1st party stuff, but there legit complaints about it(namely the lack of games and a touch screen feature which none of the target audiences seem to be interested in).

This is best left to the Wii U thread though.