Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155299 times)

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #3450 on: September 23, 2013, 10:25:54 am »
Mod Edit: Thanks for spoiling the finale, Cube. :P I removed the spoiler bits and am asking Will about our spoiler tag. I know we had one but it doesn't seem to work. Anyway, that SPOILERS bit wasn't enough to hide the quote, so I'm removing it to save others from seeing it.
-Barry

The entire season felt flat, the inclusion of so many useless new characters was a drag, but I am enjoying how people are having different reactions/interpretations of the ending. It manages to make you think in spite of horrible writing.

So not great, but whatever. I never wanted to like this show anyway, it was too dark and was filled with continuity and incongruousness. I recommend watching Death Note for a more congruent experience with a similar subject.

Let's see if we remember this show a few years down the road, I still remember every single scene of Lost.

It's a shame you couldn't really appreciate Dexter a little more, even as much as i didn't care for the ending, i still loved the series. It took up a big chunk of my life for a while, been watching this show for years, so it definitely won't be something i'll be forgetting about any time soon. Also, i hope no one saw the spoilers you posted.. I'd be sooo pissed if this series came to an end for me through a forum post.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3451 on: September 23, 2013, 10:41:25 am »
I saw it, and I'm fucking pissed. I was going to watch the finale during lunch, and now I already know the ending.

Spoiling months after the fact, I get. But less than a day after airing? C'mon!

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #3452 on: September 23, 2013, 11:03:46 am »
I saw it, and I'm fucking pissed. I was going to watch the finale during lunch, and now I already know the ending.

Spoiling months after the fact, I get. But less than a day after airing? C'mon!

Fuck bro, seriously? I'm sorry dude, i feel like it's sort of my fault for posting about Dexter on here. I should've created a separate thread to talk about the finale on there.. If it makes you feel any better, the ending to Season 4 was spoiled for me by my wife's mom 10 minutes before the season ended.. Yeah, that shit happened.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #3453 on: September 23, 2013, 11:10:33 am »
I really hope Cube isn't a fan of Breaking Bad too!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3454 on: September 23, 2013, 11:26:05 am »
Fuck bro, seriously? I'm sorry dude, i feel like it's sort of my fault for posting about Dexter on here. I should've created a separate thread to talk about the finale on there.. If it makes you feel any better, the ending to Season 4 was spoiled for me by my wife's mom 10 minutes before the season ended.. Yeah, that shit happened.

Oh no, I'm not mad at you or anything. No worries. You just said it was a disappointment, which really doesn't give anything away. I've found everything post season 5 to be a disappointment.

I was spoiled by season 4 thanks to Google. The week after the episode aired, I searched Google for the closest "Rita's" which is a local ice cream chain. First Google result for "Rita's"? "Rita's shocking death". lol

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #3455 on: September 23, 2013, 01:06:07 pm »
Oh no, I'm not mad at you or anything. No worries. You just said it was a disappointment, which really doesn't give anything away. I've found everything post season 5 to be a disappointment.

I was spoiled by season 4 thanks to Google. The week after the episode aired, I searched Google for the closest "Rita's" which is a local ice cream chain. First Google result for "Rita's"? "Rita's shocking death". lol

Haha, that's a pretty hilarious way of having something spoiled. It's a hell of a lot better than having someone say, "i remember this episode, it's the one where Rita dies at the end, right?" =/ ...

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #3456 on: September 23, 2013, 01:23:25 pm »
I did try and put a spoiler warning before the post.

I am sorry.

Anyway my post just had an analogy type quote which illustrated how the ending is open to multiple interpretations and how everyone seems to have vastly different reactions towards the ending.

Dexter lost me from Season 1 only. It was a good show but it was dealing with Anti Social Personality Disorder and his father (Harry) was a dumass, he was not helping the kid (Dexter). He was reinforcing his condition, and that is just stupid. Nonsensically. While their is no cure for ASPD, a therapist can make a patients lack of empathy, socially manageable.

And the thing that just blew away my suspension of disbelief was the Season 1 finale. Why would Harry adopt one brother and dump the other one in an institution. Why don't psychological institutions work in this show?

So I learned fairly early on, not to take this show seriously and always expect a shitty finale and a Season premiere that would obliterate any continuity with the previous season. That said, some seasons did perform better than my expectation like the preceding one.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #3457 on: September 24, 2013, 05:03:00 pm »
Am I the only one who thinks that, long after you had a huge argument with someone and you feel like both of us have gotten everything out of our system, it's the more-or-less innocuous statements that we hear during the fight that puts us down the most?

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #3458 on: September 25, 2013, 06:11:16 am »
Is anyone a fan of Waterloo Road?

Someone spoilt the ending for me last season on Facebook. :(
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #3459 on: September 25, 2013, 02:58:48 pm »
So tired... I'm not gonna postpone my vacation... NOT this time.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #3460 on: September 26, 2013, 06:32:06 am »
I wish I was good on the Famitracker. :(

Offline max_cady

« Reply #3461 on: September 29, 2013, 02:59:50 am »
Now I understand why you don't see a lot of political right-leaning people on NeoGaf...

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #3462 on: October 01, 2013, 06:24:54 am »
Now I understand why you don't see a lot of political right-leaning people on NeoGaf...

Why is that?

Offline max_cady

« Reply #3463 on: October 01, 2013, 12:20:34 pm »
Criticizing Democrats equals temporary ban from what I could gather...

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #3464 on: October 01, 2013, 03:41:15 pm »
NHL Season Opener is today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!