Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155346 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #4080 on: October 18, 2014, 07:17:39 pm »
Lol.

I'm an Assistant Operations Manager for a Lighting Wholesaler in California. I wear about 5 different hats. I have to deal with Customer Service Issues, Accounting, HR, and Warehouse. When a rep screws up i have to deal with the bs that comes afterwards. Had a huge freight issue with an account, so i had to get yelled at over the phone. Not fun.

What man no wonder your stressed, managing 5 different jobs would give anyone headaches, especially when you have to answer to higher ups. Hope the following week is at least a bit more chill.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #4081 on: October 19, 2014, 04:58:37 am »
All the cons you listed sound hardware related to me. What phone model do you have?
Its an LG nexus 5. Im not saying its bad, im saying iphones are superior those things. The reaction time in IOS is 1:1. When you swipe it moves immidiatly, while on android there seems to be a very slight latency. Not sure if this is the norm or just a few exceptions. Also camera photo results are great with the iphone. Great color and lighting. And the same goes for the screen as well. So I know what i left behind but its worth the trade off honestly.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 05:00:14 am by CrazyT »

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4082 on: October 19, 2014, 10:25:58 am »
Its an LG nexus 5. Im not saying its bad, im saying iphones are superior those things. The reaction time in IOS is 1:1. When you swipe it moves immidiatly, while on android there seems to be a very slight latency. Not sure if this is the norm or just a few exceptions. Also camera photo results are great with the iphone. Great color and lighting. And the same goes for the screen as well. So I know what i left behind but its worth the trade off honestly.

Oh okay that's what you meant. I thought you meant extreme lag or something.

Yeah Android has always has been a tad slow when it comes to responding compared to iOS, but they've really improved it a lot over the years. Android 5.0 Lollipop is supposed to improve speed and performance even further. Seeing as how you have a Nexus device, no reason you shouldn't get 5.0 when it goes live. If you have a manufacturer specific phone like i do chances are you might never get 5.0. It's up to the manufactures to provide the new OS in a firmware update.

speaking of firmware updates my phone has been bothering me to install one. i suppose i should. always afraid something bad is going to happen when i install a new firmware.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #4083 on: October 21, 2014, 11:28:27 pm »
Watched Josie and the Pussycats with my wife today and I was really really surprised at how much Sega and Dreamcast advertising there was in that movie. There were huge Sega banners, Dreamcast Kiosks, games shown off in the backgrounds. This was in 01' no less, crazy, anyone else seem this movie?
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4084 on: October 22, 2014, 09:09:54 am »
Yup! I've seen that movie. I assume all the SEGA references was thanks to SEGA and Archie's relationship in comics. SEGA had an easy in for product placement.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #4085 on: October 22, 2014, 10:22:59 pm »
Trying to get back into drawing. My dusted off my wacom tablet and cleaned it up today. It had such a thick layer of dust on it. It's been so long. I feel so rusty.

made this crappy apple. lol

Shadows are off, but whatever. things feel alien to me. It's been while since I've used drawing software. Just gotta get used to that again.

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #4086 on: October 22, 2014, 11:22:37 pm »
I'd say it's pretty damn good for "It's been so long".

I feel weird. Midterm scores completely backwards. I got a 71 on my midterm for IT project management, and an 83 for networking. I swear It should have been the other way around lol.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4087 on: October 23, 2014, 03:08:50 am »

I don't wanna freak out anyone but the Joomla website has been down for quite some time now.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4088 on: October 23, 2014, 08:31:23 am »
WTF is a Joomla?

Will, you apple looks sexy. Yes homo.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4089 on: October 23, 2014, 09:12:47 am »
It's an open-source content managment system. Essentially a bundle of php files that allow you to build a website with a wickedly good administrator section.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #4090 on: October 23, 2014, 03:16:54 pm »
Thanks guys

I did some line practice today, it's so bad. jaggy line work. my hand just isnt good at staying still when drawing. i think i'll have to ink my work in inkscape or another vector program if i want to ink something seriously.

It's an open-source content managment system. Essentially a bundle of php files that allow you to build a website with a wickedly good administrator section.

I've messed around with Joomla before. Never done anything serious with it though.

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #4091 on: October 23, 2014, 03:20:56 pm »
Pikachu peasants.

Needs more Pachirisu

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4092 on: October 23, 2014, 04:28:30 pm »
Quite impressed with your Pikachu, Will, looks awesome.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4093 on: October 23, 2014, 05:12:05 pm »
a guy I know is becoming a father. He is so fucking happy, just look at him

SEG4GES

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4094 on: October 23, 2014, 05:25:16 pm »
Becoming a father is definitely one of the greatest experiences that life has to offer. It's a scary one as well, but seeing your baby smile, laugh, and walk for the first time makes it all worth it.

Congrats to your friend though, that's awesome.