Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155276 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #4425 on: March 19, 2015, 12:19:26 pm »
Been away a couple weeks so:
Piro: Congrats!
Crackdude: Glad to hear your girlfriend is okay!
Happy Cat: I would invest in something like a bank or government bonds. Something that's near guaranteed to be pretty solid. I think tech companies are too volatile.

Had a great trip to Australia, and feeling good that I took some time to see family and friends. Going to ease back into Canadian life and figure out plans to go back home in September.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #4426 on: March 19, 2015, 02:31:31 pm »
Had a great trip to Australia, and feeling good that I took some time to see family and friends. Going to ease back into Canadian life and figure out plans to go back home in September.

Welcome back to Canada sir :).
It's maple syrup season here, so there's a lot to enjoy.

Offline Nathan Dunsmore

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #4427 on: March 19, 2015, 04:38:08 pm »
My tournament bracket's already looking pretty ugly, only two picks right so far (ND and Arizona). Never seen so many close upsets, but that's what makes it great. Anyone else's bracket faring better?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4428 on: March 19, 2015, 06:09:40 pm »
Just killed The Nomad Junkyard. Yeah, I haven't posted on it since 2013, but I was holding off on one of those goodbye posts forever. Figured might as well do it now or never: http://the-nomad-junkyard.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-nomad-junkyard-may-be-abandoned.html

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #4429 on: March 19, 2015, 06:17:22 pm »
Just killed The Nomad Junkyard. Yeah, I haven't posted on it since 2013, but I was holding off on one of those goodbye posts forever. Figured might as well do it now or never: http://the-nomad-junkyard.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-nomad-junkyard-may-be-abandoned.html

The fuck, why didn't I know about this site?
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #4430 on: March 19, 2015, 06:20:22 pm »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4431 on: March 19, 2015, 06:20:56 pm »
The fuck, why didn't I know about this site?

Well now it's dead! ;_;

It was my take on the Junkyard blogs, which I was an avid reader of back in 2007. I saw that all but the SG-1000 and Nomad had Junkyard blogs, so I went with the easiest one to cover. I ended up blogging about Game Gear and Nomad stuff, but also did iOS since it was new at the time. Pretty soon, SEGA Memories, Saturn Junkyard, and Dreamcast Junkyard asked me on, which lead to me joining SEGAbits in 2010. By now I am like 98% SEGAbits, 2% Dreamcast Junkyard, 0% everything else. Figured it needed a proper "goodbye" post. :(

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4432 on: March 19, 2015, 06:22:28 pm »

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4433 on: March 19, 2015, 06:24:47 pm »
Dang, bummer I caught it so late. I'll have to go through your archives though. The mafia? Lol, another one I had never seen.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4434 on: March 19, 2015, 07:12:32 pm »
Dang, bummer I caught it so late. I'll have to go through your archives though. The mafia? Lol, another one I had never seen.

Someone new to the site might not find it so funny, at this point it's more of an inside joke. But, back before SEGAbits existed, it was just SEGA Nerds. Then SEGA Nerds sold themselves out to a site called The Kartel. A site all about videogames and pop culture. It was loaded with ads, a ton of bad content to appeal to pop culture, and top 10 lists. and the admin called himself "The Godfather". The site also had rewards points called "$karma".

SEGAbits was created because of that, and one year it was decided we would do our own version of The Kartel as an april fools joke. it was a hit. lol

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4435 on: March 19, 2015, 07:34:37 pm »
Mikey is still dead tho. :(

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4436 on: March 19, 2015, 08:08:08 pm »
this was their logo

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4437 on: March 19, 2015, 10:45:23 pm »
Someone new to the site might not find it so funny, at this point it's more of an inside joke. But, back before SEGAbits existed, it was just SEGA Nerds. Then SEGA Nerds sold themselves out to a site called The Kartel. A site all about videogames and pop culture. It was loaded with ads, a ton of bad content to appeal to pop culture, and top 10 lists. and the admin called himself "The Godfather". The site also had rewards points called "$karma".

SEGAbits was created because of that, and one year it was decided we would do our own version of The Kartel as an april fools joke. it was a hit. lol

Lol, ahh I see. Seganerds is in no way as good as this site, so congrats on going your own way and making it better. How did the seganerds staff take it? I would assume there's some animosity there.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #4438 on: March 19, 2015, 11:23:52 pm »
We are cool, we (barry and me) are appearing on their podcast in a few days. I don't dislike the site or the people that run it, just like to do things my way.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4439 on: March 20, 2015, 12:24:47 am »
I'm a bit surprised that you guys are still buds. Who's initial idea was it to branch out from seganerds?