Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155510 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #4830 on: January 15, 2016, 12:03:05 pm »
Ok so random question. What would you do if either of your parents asked you to record/download justin bieber songs for them?

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4831 on: January 18, 2016, 07:59:51 am »
Mom, Dad... we need to talk. Is what I would say if any of them asked me anything about Justin Bieber songs.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #4832 on: January 18, 2016, 08:33:36 am »
I'd move out.

;)

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #4833 on: January 18, 2016, 12:18:58 pm »

So a relative was in a sorta like situation. Im not sure if I like any pop music of today. Is it really that that much worse compared to other decades or am I being a "hipster"?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 01:43:04 pm by CrazyT »

Offline max_cady

« Reply #4834 on: January 18, 2016, 12:36:25 pm »
I just had the most bizarre moment of the day: I doing my afternoon jogging, I stop by a vending machine to drink some soda and I decide to take a leak in the train station bathroom. Just so happens another guy is there and he starts chatting with me as I'm drying my hands on the blow dryer. After a brief conversation I start walking away, put on my headphones, I go up the stairs, I notice the guy is still following me and he's trying to chat again. At this point, I just give him a handshake, try to say to goodbye to him, but he's still talking about me, trying to be ubber friendly (I have no idea what he's getting at), he's pointing to his car and then he says I'm well endowned. I get a little freaked out and after a few seconds, he finally gives up, says his goodbyes and takes off. So I start jogging again and then I had to stop at least four times to finally put the pieces together: the guy had a very good haircut, stylish clothes, drove an expensive Audi and worked in the entertainment business.

Long story short, a gay guy tried to hit on me at the train station. I feel so weird and confused right now...

Offline Tad

« Reply #4835 on: January 18, 2016, 01:51:43 pm »
Well...least you weren't stuck on the train with him.

So a relative was in a similar situation. Im not sure if I like any pop music of today. Is it really that that much worse compared to other decades or am I being a "hipster"?

Think it's just a generational thing really. When you're a kid, everything is exciting and new, but as you get older you realise a lot of these things aren't that new and as more bands etc arrive in the same vain, you just start to roll your eyes at them. Some do deserve credit of course, but it's difficult to see what's good and what's just nostalgia talking.

When you're a teen, it's normal to be negative about these things as reality has hit you. But, when you get a bit older, you just stop caring and focus on the stuff you enjoy instead.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 01:55:13 pm by Tad »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4836 on: January 18, 2016, 02:12:35 pm »
Weird thing happened to me today. So I'm at the train station bathroom and this guy comes in - looks like he was jogging - so I start chatting him up. Dude totally ignoring me, so I follow him out and he goes to shake my hand (???). I pointed out my car and told him I was well endowed and the dude acts all freaked out. Like, I tell everybody I got a nice car and big dick, but he seemed to take it personally. Ah well...

Offline max_cady

« Reply #4837 on: January 18, 2016, 03:22:42 pm »
Sorry, Barry, I'm straight. I'm sorry wasn't clear the first time...

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4838 on: January 18, 2016, 03:49:13 pm »
I wasn't hitting on you, I was just telling you what I had going on. Not everything is about you!!!

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #4839 on: January 19, 2016, 01:34:22 am »
Something really sad happened and I'm totally bummed out,

An old Irishman named Jim has died. I put it that way because really that's what Jim was to me. An old man, dressed a bit like a scarecrow, always carrying a bag of something or other... Jim has been walking past my parents house since long before I was born. He lived alone in rundown old building not far from my place. His passing by was as regular as clockwork and was a familiar, oddly comforting sight all around the parish we shared.

Whenever I got the chance to speak to him, Jim was a bit eccentric to say the least, but an incredibly intelligent man. He was up to date with the world events and he had taught himself multiple languages. He was a good laugh too.

He would often speaking to himself as he walked by and I wonder if it was out of loneliness. He had no living relatives, no wife, children and as far as I knew not many friends, but perhaps that's the way he liked it. Still, it seems sad to died alone.

R.I.P Anthony James (Jim) Walker, I barely knew you and yet I feel my world is a far dimmer place without you.
Made by SEGA

Offline Tad

« Reply #4840 on: January 20, 2016, 05:38:28 pm »
To whom the bell tolls I guess.

It's the little things that can go unnoticed that can make a difference. RIP.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #4841 on: January 22, 2016, 09:38:55 pm »
RIP Irish Jim.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4842 on: January 30, 2016, 11:03:13 am »
Life is complicated and I kinda suck at it.
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #4843 on: January 30, 2016, 12:10:40 pm »
Life is complicated and I kinda suck at it.

life is easy, it's people that make it complicated and suck ;)

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #4844 on: January 30, 2016, 07:07:05 pm »
^Lol Whats your secret?

Life's alright when things work in favour. Not so much when it doesnt >:(