Author Topic: I'm going to talk about the Benghazi incident  (Read 4165 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
I'm going to talk about the Benghazi incident
« on: May 08, 2013, 05:50:37 pm »
Let me be clear, this is not a political topic at heart. It's a comment on the incident and all the players involved. This is not, unlike what's going on with the Internet, in which something bad happens and it's used by one side as a blunt instrument to slap the other side in an endless cycle of cynicism.

I'll start with a basic summary:

September 11th, 2012 - Protests around the Middle-East, most of 'em are pre-planned, not spontaneous as we are led to beleive; It would appear that an angry mob in Lybia decided to act agressively towards the American Embassy, which resulted in the death of an important US Embassador. Now it would appear that the angry mob was reacting towards a viral video in which Allah was not represented in the most flattering manner.

As luck would have it, the director of the short film had been identified and apparentely taken into custody, prompting the Obama administration to inquire about the events. The thing is and as we've been getting some new developments, it would appear that while there was clearly human error, there's also a disturbing tendency to whitewash or cover-up, which made it all the worse.

This is not a political attack, this is just an opinion: I think the Obama administration, the Chief himself and his staff made a terrible judgment call by assuming that Bin Laden's death was going to usher in the end of The War on Terrorism. I'd wager in, a degree of smugness to the whole show. I would say almost criminal neglience, but we are still waiting out the results of the hearings and the people involved. There was human error, no doubt, but why go through such an elaborate story, when it would've been much easier to simply say that it had been a sickingly executed terrorist attack?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 08:45:20 am by max_cady »

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
Re: I'm going to talk about the Benghazi incident
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 06:04:44 am »
Dude, September 11th in 2013 hasn't happened yet! Are you psychic?!? o_0

Regarding the attacks, it's probably both negligence of the aftermath and the offensive video.

Although I don't believe Osama Bin Laden is dead personally, it's likely something to highlight that America and the western world are safe. Even if they shown a body, it could be a decoy, easily.

What are the chances that Osama actually causing those attacks to show that terrorism continues?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 06:08:48 am by Nameless 24 »
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline max_cady

Re: I'm going to talk about the Benghazi incident
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 08:53:46 am »
Damn it, I can't even get the dates straight...

Well, here's the thing... I no doubt or reason to object that Bin Laden was KIA. How the Obama administration handled it was perhaps not the best approach, which can be summed up with "Me!Me!MEEE!".

There is reason to beleive that Al-Qaeda was involved in some capacity in the attack on the embassy.
This is not a gotcha game, because, this is bad for the US of A.