Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 675582 times)

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!
« Reply #1230 on: June 19, 2015, 07:59:12 am »
What Shenmue combat needed is a better camera and some polishing, I hope they don't change it too much.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1231 on: June 19, 2015, 08:35:49 am »
http://shenmue.link/us-en/topics/#item25

He talks about wanting to scrap the Free battle system used in Shenmue. This worries me.

I imagine they know how important the battle system was to fans, so they won't screw it up too much, but I'm still concerned.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #1232 on: June 19, 2015, 08:50:30 am »
http://shenmue.link/us-en/topics/#item25

He talks about wanting to scrap the Free battle system used in Shenmue. This worries me.

I imagine they know how important the battle system was to fans, so they won't screw it up too much, but I'm still concerned.

Now you're just ignoring me :<

Offline Pao

« Reply #1233 on: June 19, 2015, 08:51:57 am »
Didn't Suzuki say the free-battle will be one of the stretch goals here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/06/15/yu-suzuki-begins-crowdfunding-shenmue-iii-on-ps4/

The more our project can collect for game development during this campaign, the more the game will come alive — with more quests, more story events, more mini-games, the addition of a free-battle system, and more fight options. Stretch goals are part of the project to show supporting fans what they can expect as project funds increase. Like at the 2.5 million dollar stretch goal, Shenmue I & II flashback scenes will be added.

Unless they mean it's technically a free-battle system, but significantly changed? Who knows... Everything is so vague in this Kickstarter.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1234 on: June 19, 2015, 08:53:50 am »
I would have loved to see the Shenmue II digital comics printed in a nice little booklet as a KS goodie.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1235 on: June 19, 2015, 08:59:43 am »
Now you're just ignoring me :<

I can't help it, this thread moves too fast for me! I can't keep up with all this Shenmue information. :(

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #1237 on: June 19, 2015, 09:05:55 am »
Guys, its probably a good idea to assume the worst for the battle system... without AM2 what hope is there for a battle system as good as Shenmue 2.
Made by SEGA

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #1238 on: June 19, 2015, 09:08:58 am »
Guys, its probably a good idea to assume the worst for the battle system... without AM2 what hope is there for a battle system as good as Shenmue 2.

I'd expect the man who made AM2 to at least be able to deliver. Especially since he's grabbing former AM2 members.

I can't help it, this thread moves too fast for me! I can't keep up with all this Shenmue information. :(

You know the funny thing is we haven't seen Spock or Eraser since the announcement.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1239 on: June 19, 2015, 09:12:13 am »
I'd expect the man who made AM2 to at least be able to deliver. Especially since he's grabbing former AM2 members.

Key heads of Virtua Fighter arcade staff and people who made Shenmue are actually pretty seperate - fair to say that he'll be grabbing former members, but none of actual Virtua Fighter.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 09:14:51 am by Trippled »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #1240 on: June 19, 2015, 09:20:45 am »
Can you imagine an actual Virtua Fighter coding Shenmue III?
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1241 on: June 19, 2015, 09:20:54 am »
You know the funny thing is we haven't seen Spock or Eraser since the announcement.
They are in a catatonic state from the shock.

I would hope that the groundwork is there for them to build on. It doesn't need to be as deep as VF, even the old games were like VF-Lite. As long as it's designed aroudn the P,K,Throw, Dodge mechanics like the last game and had the similar inputs it should be okay.

I just don't want them to turn it into Batman. The Batman system is fun for going for high scores and works for those games, but I don't want Shenmue to have it.

Offline Pao

« Reply #1242 on: June 19, 2015, 09:22:01 am »
Interesting that he says the new system is "Ground-breaking"... At least it's going to be different.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #1243 on: June 19, 2015, 09:33:57 am »
Key heads of Virtua Fighter arcade staff and people who made Shenmue are actually pretty seperate - fair to say that he'll be grabbing former members, but none of actual Virtua Fighter.

I know but whatever ex AM2 members he brings on board are going to be top notch developers.

They are in a catatonic state from the shock.

Eraser seems to have erased his membership too :(

Interesting that he says the new system is "Ground-breaking"... At least it's going to be different.

It's a good thing that this is Yu Suzuki or else whenever a dev says ground breaking I think game breaking.

Offline Centrale

« Reply #1244 on: June 19, 2015, 10:19:33 am »
Eraser seems to have erased his membership too :(

Wasn't there something that happened recently where some legit member accounts got erased by an automated spambot eradicator?

Or maybe at the moment of the announcement, he dissolved into stardust... "my work here is done..."

Can you imagine an actual Virtua Fighter coding Shenmue III?

I can imagine Jeffry McWild smashing the keyboard out of frustration.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 10:21:59 am by Centrale »