Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 675694 times)

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!
« Reply #1500 on: June 25, 2015, 01:59:44 pm »
I don't think Suzuki is too interested in bringing the game to Microsoft platforms. Didn't Microsoft screw over Shenmue 2 on Xbox or something? All I remember is Peter Molyneux got called a bastard by airport security one time because he was "the one who killed Shenmue." I dunno shit about the actual situation.

Molyneux is the old Lionhead Studios Boss. You know the guy that continuously bs' about how awesome his games are?

As opposed to on vinyl?

I wish. Nah, wanted a physical copy, but digital will do.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1501 on: June 25, 2015, 02:04:05 pm »
Molyneux is the old Lionhead Studios Boss. You know the guy that continuously bs' about how awesome his games are?
You leave him alone, his reach just exceeds his grasp.

I wish. Nah, wanted a physical copy, but digital will do.

You can get a physical edition of the PC version as one of the rewards, but otherwise none that I know of.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1502 on: June 25, 2015, 02:16:06 pm »
I don't recall physical PS4 version being ruled out. It is only not included as a Kickstarter reward, likely because specifics have not been worked out yet and they do not want to promise thousands of people physical PS4 copies before Sony has even confirmed a physical PS4 copy or worked out other details. Not to mention, its easier to promise a physical PC copy than it is to promise a physical PS4 copy.

My guess: We will see a physical PS4 copy, but it will not be confirmed until 6-8 months before the game is completed. Also, I could see there being a PS4 special edition with some physical goodies included.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #1503 on: June 25, 2015, 02:18:15 pm »
You leave him alone, his reach just exceeds his grasp.

Come on Mang, guy was talking about watching a tree grow in real time on the Xbox, a fucking tree!!

I don't recall physical PS4 version being ruled out. It is only not included as a Kickstarter reward, likely because specifics have not been worked out yet and they do not want to promise thousands of people physical PS4 copies before Sony has even confirmed a physical PS4 copy or worked out other details. Not to mention, its easier to promise a physical PC copy than it is to promise a physical PS4 copy.

My guess: We will see a physical PS4 copy, but it will not be confirmed until 6-8 months before the game is completed. Also, I could see there being a PS4 special edition with some physical goodies included.

I could see that. I'll buy a LE if they release one on PS4, i'll probably have a PS4 by then as well.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1504 on: June 25, 2015, 02:26:30 pm »
I do find the PS4 moaning pretty funny. Like, yeah it will not be on Xbox One. But if you are enough of a fan of the series, you'll take what you get. PC is a versatile platform (won't it even be playable via Steam Machines and the controller mapping would be to a Xbox pad?), and if somebody doesn't own a PS4, they have 2.5 years to get one.

My next console was going to be a Xbox One and a PS3, then a PS4 by the time Shenmue 3 hits.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1505 on: June 25, 2015, 02:33:27 pm »
The people who cry out for an Xbox One version cause of the Shenmue 2 connections are stupid. Like really, still trying to connect Shenmue to a console manufacturer in 2015?

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #1506 on: June 25, 2015, 02:39:10 pm »
I don't think anyone has been making that connection, at all.

The only reason i would prefer to see an XBOX version is because it's my preferred console and has been since last gen. I'll still be purchasing the game when it's released, to at least help in that regard.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1507 on: June 25, 2015, 02:47:07 pm »
Come on Mang, guy was talking about watching a tree grow in real time on the Xbox, a fucking tree!!

I thought it was a lovely idea.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #1508 on: June 25, 2015, 02:55:24 pm »
You know, I've just started playing Shenmue again and I had initially turned the voices off, but curiosity got the better of me. Apart from the awkward moment in places which feels more like a translation issue and the stiffness in Ryo's voice, it's not that bad really.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #1510 on: June 25, 2015, 03:29:28 pm »
...how? How were these people the fastest to the egg?

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #1511 on: June 25, 2015, 03:35:12 pm »
Yu Suzuki should've been more transparent from the get go in regards to the funding. I feel like all of this controversy has had a pretty negative effect on the amount of funding this game has been receiving as of late.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1512 on: June 25, 2015, 03:46:03 pm »
But still I don't get it. What answers are they expecting to hear? What exactly are they supossed to say?

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #1513 on: June 25, 2015, 04:05:32 pm »
But still I don't get it. What answers are they expecting to hear? What exactly are they supossed to say?
I can't blame them for being confused, some gaming websites are doing their absolute darndest to make this seem like a shady and deceptive Kickstarter deployed by a giant corporation to steal your money.

This went up today: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/06/25/opinion-sony-and-suzuki-need-to-come-clean-on-shenmue-budget-and-funding.aspx

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #1514 on: June 25, 2015, 04:20:28 pm »
I just got the names Molyneux and Moore mixed up. Whoops.