Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 675687 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!
« Reply #1590 on: July 03, 2015, 08:03:59 am »
I hope Suzuki takes the criticsms on the Kickstarter to heart and approaches this with a better group from here on. Shenmue doesn't deserve campaign managers this shoddy. My guess is they went with Awesome Japan because they were cheap. I imagine PR can get pretty expensive.

Its only got half a month to go, too late to make any major changes sadly.

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #1591 on: July 03, 2015, 08:10:20 am »
Well I mean, specifically going past the Kickstarter. Once it's over, they should hire somebody else, maybe not immediately, but definitely within a month after the campaign ends.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1592 on: July 03, 2015, 08:12:33 am »
Well I mean, specifically going past the Kickstarter. Once it's over, they should hire somebody else, maybe not immediately, but definitely within a month after the campaign ends.

True! I was under the impression that Awesome Japan was only employed for the kickstarter and beyond that Sony might be taking the reigns (I believe they are at least for the PS4 version) or it would be handled by someone else.

Suzuki should make an update of him firing Awesome Japan live on Twitch, that would get people to back the project I think.

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #1593 on: July 03, 2015, 08:17:22 am »
I believe Sony is handling marketing for the PS4 version, and Shibuya Productions are handling marketing for the PC version. So two possibly very different groups representing the same games, and some info is bound to bleed together between them. At least Shibuya Production's credentials are better than Awesome Japan's (god even the name sounds bad). SP can't be all bad if they're entrusted with a franchise like Astroboy.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #1594 on: July 03, 2015, 10:43:46 am »
There's apparently some big news and a trailer coming soon?

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #1595 on: July 03, 2015, 11:56:38 am »
New rewards and a PS4 physical release announced!

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #1596 on: July 03, 2015, 12:16:20 pm »
Awesome Japan apologizes profusely in the latest project update:

"Apology from Awesome Japan
We offer our sincerest apologies for last week’s Twitch broadcast and any trouble it may have caused. This apology comes late, and we accept full responsibility. We promise we will do everything we can to help bring Shenmue back. We ask for your forgiveness and the opportunity to make amends. – from all of us at Awesome Japan"

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #1597 on: July 03, 2015, 12:17:31 pm »
The new reward tiers are pretty badass. You can become a Chi You Men NPC.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1598 on: July 03, 2015, 12:31:56 pm »
New rewards and a PS4 physical release announced!

Now all the people who sent telegrams about it can back the game!

Awesome Japan apologizes profusely in the latest project update:

"Apology from Awesome Japan
We offer our sincerest apologies for last week’s Twitch broadcast and any trouble it may have caused. This apology comes late, and we accept full responsibility. We promise we will do everything we can to help bring Shenmue back. We ask for your forgiveness and the opportunity to make amends. – from all of us at Awesome Japan"

I wonder if that crazy guy got fired :(

ALSO FUCK THIS TIER:
BE A LUCKY HIT GAME BOARD - $4,000 Do you want to be a game of lucky hit? Get your face and name on an in-game Lucky Hit board.

The previous one of being on a poster or in the waiting room is fine, it's a wanted poster or something who knows.
But why a fucking Lucky hit game board? that makes ZERO sense in the context of the game :/
I hate these kinds of rewards.

BE A SHENMUE 3 NPC - $10,000 Your face will be featured on a Chi You Men member to do battle with Ryo! To maintain character setting, body style will be up to Mr. Suzuki. You will also be named as a Special Sponsor in the credits

This is one kind of cool, I like that Yu will maintain control of the body type so we don't get a 350lb neckbeard for the Chi You Men thug.

EDIT: Holy crap, they've already pumped 100K for today. Nice.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 12:43:17 pm by MadeManG74 »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #1599 on: July 03, 2015, 12:45:18 pm »
We're breaking $4 million today!

I agree with Luke about the Lucky Hit thing, I never really like the "You can be in the game!" type rewards, give me an NPC that fits the game's universe instead please.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1600 on: July 03, 2015, 12:50:01 pm »
We're breaking $4 million today!

I agree with Luke about the Lucky Hit thing, I never really like the "You can be in the game!" type rewards, give me an NPC that fits the game's universe instead please.
I don't mind if it's subtle, like the Chi You Men guy will still be 90% designed by Suzuki, but the face will be some guy.

Lucky Hit boards though, why would they have random faces? Unless it's a really well hidden easter egg, like the Duck Racing! That could work.

The posters in the harbour, ehhhh okay. It'll be weird to be in 1980's fucking China in some backwater town and see pictures of a bunch of turbo nerds from 2015 on the walls though :/

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #1601 on: July 03, 2015, 02:09:30 pm »
Shenmue 3 has broken $4 million! \O/ \O/ \O/ \O/

So far the campaign's managed to raise an additional $200,000! Amazing!

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1602 on: July 03, 2015, 02:17:26 pm »
Shenmue 3 has broken $4 million! \O/ \O/ \O/ \O/

So far the campaign's managed to raise an additional $200,000! Amazing!

All the grandpas writing cheques and mailing money orders for that physical PS4 edition will save us!

Now we need another $200k to get the INFILTRATION MISSION.

METAL GEAR SHENMUE: TACTICAL KUNG FU ACTION

EDIT: Total raised today has been the highest since Day 3 by a considerable margin. Wow!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 02:54:44 pm by MadeManG74 »

Offline Centrale

« Reply #1603 on: July 03, 2015, 04:34:42 pm »
ALSO FUCK THIS TIER:
The previous one of being on a poster or in the waiting room is fine, it's a wanted poster or something who knows.
But why a fucking Lucky hit game board? that makes ZERO sense in the context of the game :/
I hate these kinds of rewards.

I imagine they'll do an illustration/stylize the portrait so it fits with the game's overall style, not just have some harsh selfie jpeg that someone sends in. There are lots of little details in the games that 'break' the rules... Ryo's Saturn, for example... but also things like Shenhua chocolates and caramels, and all the soundtrack tapes that are meta references to the game itself within the game world.

I'm pretty surprised they got PS4 physical editions. I guess it goes to show that Sony is really monitoring the progress of this Kickstarter. ...indisputably one of the most successful Kickstarters in history.  :afroman: (but naturally, nothing compared to the imaginary Kickstarters that might have been)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 04:37:34 pm by Centrale »

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1604 on: July 03, 2015, 05:10:02 pm »
What the F***!?

We cleared a new Strech Goal today. That hasn't happened in a long time.