Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 675645 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!
« Reply #1635 on: July 06, 2015, 12:00:11 pm »
Just easier to read, not that i'm hating on them. I do still feel that the Kickstarter is pretty unprofessional.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1636 on: July 06, 2015, 03:34:19 pm »
Eurogamer did a piece on the people two of the big KS donors for Shenmue 3. They are interested in funding Shenmue 3 particularly for the game's setting.

Two brothers have pledged $20K to Shenmue 3 in order to spread awareness concerning underprivileged Chinese schools.
[/size]As detailed in a Shenmue Dojo forum post, the brothers explained that they run a school in China under the Volunteer English Teacher (V.E.T.) program and figured this extravagant donation to a video game set in China would help spread awareness about the organisation and what it does.
[/size]The brothers noted that the V.E.T. program teaches English to both children and young adults. "Many of these kids come from small villages in the Guilin area and may not have an opportunity to learn elsewhere," they explained.
[/size]"We could have given $20,000 directly to building the school and it's programs but we feel that this pledge will lead to more exposure and support than what we could do through other mediums," the brothers said of this unusual business decision.
[/size]

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #1637 on: July 06, 2015, 03:38:46 pm »
Incredible. What a great idea to try and help, I'm sure Yu Suzuki will do what he can.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #1638 on: July 06, 2015, 04:24:44 pm »
Coming up on $4.4mil - "Baisha Village Expanded - Additional Quest."

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1639 on: July 06, 2015, 05:21:08 pm »
Was just about to mention that. We doing real good!

Offline Tad

« Reply #1640 on: July 06, 2015, 06:13:34 pm »
Shenmue 3 and the 500k are really pushing this on twitter now. Great stuff!

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1641 on: July 07, 2015, 02:16:16 am »

The KS campaign is moving at a reasonable pace so far. With 10 days to go, I suspect that a lot of people have been sitting on the bench for a while and have made their move.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #1642 on: July 07, 2015, 02:27:03 am »
I think the addition to the PS4 announcement worked. I would suggest to add 'add-on' items. For example, some tiers have 1 item I want, and like 4 I don't. Like: Not a fan of digital add-on content. I know there are people that are fans of digital items for in-game and probably won't care about physical items due to limited housing space.

I think it would be smart for the Kickstarter to add 'add-on' items, as in you submit your tier and have the ability to add other objects for less money. Like price the digital DLC at what they think its worth for a pledge, let's say a digital item $5 dollars, pricey, but in the end of the day will cost them $0, since that model will be made regardless since its part of a tier.

That means they now have $5 extra they wouldn't have had otherwise.

I think they should put together a price for physical items as well, like a price on the replica jacket solo. They need to subtract the cost of making/sending and see what they need to price it for a 'reasonable' pledge. 3,000 is fine with all the extra signed stuff, but what if the user just wants the 30 dollar digital game and the jacket? What if the jacket alone was 1,000? So you get a grand more you wouldn't have gotten before.

It will take some math and excel work to see what the pricing will be, but I think it would add more cash to the pledges.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1643 on: July 07, 2015, 11:02:21 am »
New rewards:

S3 WORLD TELECOM - $80 Get an international phone card (in-game item) to call Nozomi, Guizhang Chen, Ine-san, Joy, Fuku-san, or other characters from Shenmue 1 & 2. This item will unlock phone conversations and flashback scenes available only to Kickstarter Backers. Keep your friends close with S3 World Telecom. $60 Reward included.

SHENMUE PATRON - $800 In the oriental tradition of marking a pilgrimage to a temple by affixing one's name to the building, your name will appear on a Choubu temple in Chinese characters. The Chinese characters for your name will be approved by Yu Suzuki himself. Find your name tag on the temple and receive a special Technique Scroll! + Receive a PDF of your name in Chinese characters as it will appear in the game. Be part of the culture that is the world of Shenmue. $500 Reward included.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #1644 on: July 07, 2015, 11:07:30 am »
Ryo gets to call Nozomi? Is this canon?  Say it is Suzuki!

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #1645 on: July 07, 2015, 11:13:08 am »
80 bucks to call virtual people? Hot damn! I wonder if they're gonna get back the original actors, or if this'll made available in some fashion to non-backers (it sounds like a great deal of content to lock off to only certain people).

Offline Tad

« Reply #1646 on: July 07, 2015, 11:45:44 am »
...that doesn't sound right. I mean, we're now blocking content like DLC.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 11:50:40 am by Tad »

Offline SuperSonicEX

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #1647 on: July 07, 2015, 12:10:02 pm »
80 bucks to call virtual people? Hot damn! I wonder if they're gonna get back the original actors, or if this'll made available in some fashion to non-backers (it sounds like a great deal of content to lock off to only certain people).

It really depends on how it will be presented or if it will impact the game at all outside of it being a nice nod to the previous games.

Offline Tad

« Reply #1648 on: July 07, 2015, 12:15:05 pm »
Calling home makes sense, but Nozomi? Seemed like a touching goodbye (till they meet at the end again I hope).

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1649 on: July 07, 2015, 04:30:50 pm »
Can we prank call Goro?