Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 675572 times)

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!
« Reply #1785 on: July 18, 2015, 02:51:41 pm »
I can't put a formal opinion about this guy who despise SEGA for not being a "Classic Company"(yeah, talk bad about the company that funded your games, give you jobs and money for 5 years) and also insults a fellow friend for being a Sonic fan even if my friend was cordial all the time.

In resume, f*** this guy and his DMC Clones. I won't buy Scalebound for sure.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #1786 on: July 18, 2015, 02:52:11 pm »
Well, just to further debunk the idea that somehow a KS like Shenmue III is taking away money from smaller indies... this is the first KS I've backed. It's the first game I've wanted to support through that service. It's not like I had an extra amount of money this month and was looking for Kickstarters to back. Maybe some people do that - more power to 'em. But this was a way to get the fanbase involved in supporting the project, one that the fans themselves have been asking for for a few years now.

Also, I have no doubt that Kojima might turn to this opportunity at some point in the future after being burned by the publisher that he basically built up on his back. And if anyone can break the Shenmue III record, it'll be Kojima.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1787 on: July 18, 2015, 02:52:42 pm »
What I don't get is what good is it to continually complain about how popular things are popular. Why did so many people see Jurassic World and Avengers 2 this Summer? Why was so much money given to Shenmue 3 and Mighty No. 9? Because people know what they are getting into. They know the worlds and characters and stories and creators. Even so, it is wrong to assume that sequels and follow-ups are all rehashed ideas. Look at how much Shenmue 2 improved on Shenmue 1, or how different Shenmue 3 is sounding from the past two games and the new ideas Suzuki has for the upcoming game. Remember Sonic 3 & Knuckles? Man was that a shitty rehash... oh wait, it kicked ass.

With new game concepts (or new things in any entertainment medium) of course it is difficult to break through, but it is not impossible and I think laying the blame on the well known sequels/spiritual successors is an idiotic way to go about it. It's just the way the industry works and its how normal people react to entertainment. Star Wars Episode VII is my most anticipated movie, X-Files is my most anticipated TV show, and Shenmue 3 is my most anticipated game. This is because I have a history with these franchises, I know what to expect, and I look forward to them building on the past and surprising me. Doesn't mean new franchises won't also become new favorites of mine, I just haven't experienced them yet.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1788 on: July 20, 2015, 08:41:04 am »
We did it guys! I only got back on the grid today, what wonderful news.

Look forward to collecting a MadeManG74 dice dude in Shenmue III! :D

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #1789 on: July 22, 2015, 08:44:00 am »
Not the same, but they've just released the ringtone on ios. Perhaps more funds or SEGA playing with the IP?

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #1790 on: July 22, 2015, 09:08:10 am »
Not the same, but they've just released the ringtone on ios. Perhaps more funds or SEGA playing with the IP?
what ringtone?
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Made by SEGA

Offline Tad

« Reply #1793 on: July 22, 2015, 11:01:35 am »
That's the big question. I'm not sure. If it's SEGA, we could see it as them finally playing with idea of Shenmue, if not it might mean nowt.

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #1794 on: July 22, 2015, 12:24:40 pm »
I don't see anything saying it's YSNet, I see the SEGA name more than once on here. It's copyrighted by them, and I'm guessing by the formatting, they published this on the store. So I'm gonna say it's SEGA.

Now the real question is, will westerners get this ringtone?

Offline Tad

« Reply #1795 on: July 22, 2015, 01:05:54 pm »
So, does no one else think this could be testing the waters as such? Apart from DLC and Kart, it feels like SEGA have gone out their way in the past to ignore the series.

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #1796 on: July 22, 2015, 07:23:24 pm »
Don't think this was posted already...

but here's a classy-as-fuck teaser trailer for "A Gamer's Journey: The Definitive History of Shenmue."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M0vUnW0uuk

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #1797 on: July 23, 2015, 04:57:06 am »
I don't see anything saying it's YSNet, I see the SEGA name more than once on here. It's copyrighted by them, and I'm guessing by the formatting, they published this on the store. So I'm gonna say it's SEGA.

Now the real question is, will westerners get this ringtone?
I can confirm the ringtone is on the SEGA appstore page.
So yes, this is from SEGA, and is available to westerns.

In fact, it's the ONLY ringtone on the SEGA store.
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #1798 on: July 23, 2015, 05:31:05 am »
*plays dramatic music*

Hm...what are they up to I wonder. :)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1799 on: July 23, 2015, 09:46:12 am »
*plays dramatic music*

Hm...what are they up to I wonder. :)

Probably just making a quick buck on some ringtones while Shenmue is in the papers.

Isn't the whole reason they can't release the games in HD remasters because of some copyright red-tape that will never get solved in a million years?