Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 675660 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!
« Reply #1830 on: September 28, 2015, 07:57:24 pm »
Slacker Backer update: $6,372,961

Four days ago it was: $6,368,068

$4,893 raised in four days.

---

Not abysmal, but not great. A little over a thousand a day.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1831 on: September 29, 2015, 09:42:17 am »
I'm not surprised. This isn't like the Kickstarter where you have a very limited time to get this done. The campaign reached it's target and the game's gonna get made regardless. There's no real urgency to reach those remaining goals anymore and since it's gonna keep running for at least two more months, I don't expect people to bum rush this, at least not anytime soon.

Maybe if they shows a little something-something down the line they might bump them donations.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1832 on: September 29, 2015, 09:49:44 am »
If they make the physical art book and soundtrack available to Kickstarter backers at a reasonable price, I could totally see a big bump.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1833 on: September 29, 2015, 10:45:35 am »
That would help. But if they gave us a little behind-the-scenes video of how Shenmue 3's coming along. Maybe new artwork or WIP screenshots in their KS page, something to that effect.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1834 on: September 29, 2015, 11:15:01 am »
Good point. They promised monthly updates, but actual video of the development would really help.

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #1835 on: September 29, 2015, 02:01:26 pm »
Hey! Let's talk about how shitty that PayPal campaign has been. In a little over a week, they have raised $34,773. Okay, so that is a fair amount. That is a year's salary for some. But at $6,368,068 we are just scratching the surface of $6.4 and the next stretch goal isn't until $6.5. Are they even campaigning to bring on more backers, or are they sitting back and letting whatever happens happen?

I think the Paypal is mainly for people who were for whatever reason unable to donate to the Kickstarter, I doubt that much is expected from it or that major effort will be put it into it; the studio is likely busy developing the game, afterall.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1836 on: September 29, 2015, 03:47:03 pm »
They must be expecting something more than what they're making given they carried over the street goals. Just my take anyway.

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #1837 on: September 29, 2015, 06:04:17 pm »
I think the Paypal is mainly for people who were for whatever reason unable to donate to the Kickstarter, I doubt that much is expected from it or that major effort will be put it into it; the studio is likely busy developing the game, afterall.

Since they didn't set the thing up while the kickstarter was up, running and riding on ridiculous amounts of hype for some nice money synergy, of course this is going to have an anemic effect after everyone blew their loads over the idea of Shenmue 3 being a thing.

Offline Ben

« Reply #1838 on: September 29, 2015, 06:08:33 pm »
They must be expecting something more than what they're making given they carried over the street goals. Just my take anyway.

They may just be them covering all their bases, I dunno.

Not sure what their expectations actually might be, but there generally hasn't been much promotion/hype around the Paypal thing, either before or after the fact, leading my take to be that this was basically added as an afterthought.

Quite plainly, they would have preferred if everyone donated to the Kickstarter, lol.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 06:12:56 pm by Ben »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1839 on: September 29, 2015, 08:48:05 pm »
The Kickstarter was ran like an afterthought at times, so who knows. Could be just how they run everything.

Offline Ben

« Reply #1840 on: September 30, 2015, 01:36:01 am »
lol at times.

Ah well. As long as the game delivers, that's all I'll care about at the end of the day.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1841 on: September 30, 2015, 01:56:14 am »
Shenmue III's Youtube page has been updated with two new interviews:

Interview with Shenmue's Creative Director: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-DokSLSOkQ

Interview with Shenmue's Enviroment Director: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2N2_9Z2dpg

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #1842 on: October 01, 2015, 08:58:36 pm »
These are from a few months ago, but for some reason they had them set to be unlisted on their Youtube channel. They were originally posted during the Kickstarter campaign.

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #1843 on: October 12, 2015, 01:24:41 pm »
How much money is needed before we can have it by next year? What is the current release date so far?

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #1844 on: October 12, 2015, 02:32:10 pm »
December of 2017 is the release date we have right now. Don't expect that to be pushed up, that almost never happens with games unless you're Scott Cawthon. If anything, expect it to be out after that (I personally expect at least two delays).