Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 675567 times)

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!
« Reply #1860 on: November 11, 2015, 04:12:05 pm »
Bayonetta 3 or Vanquish 2 for the Xbone and PS4 would be fucking metal.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1861 on: November 12, 2015, 09:14:25 am »
Yep, ever since they opened up the Slacker Backer campaign, it has earned roughly 92,0000$.

Not much all things considered. But it's understandable, like I said before, the game has been funded and it's already in production. There just isn't as much incentive to keep donating money.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1862 on: November 12, 2015, 10:42:15 am »
And I wish there was incentive. I backed $100, but that was when $100 was all I could plunk down at the time.

If they offered additional funding incentives for people who have already backed – something they have promised but still haven't gotten around to – I would gladly give more money. If, say, the art book or soundtrack was made available as incentives I'd gladly give $100 more.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #1863 on: November 12, 2015, 10:57:48 am »
I'm not sure why, but till I get this in my hands, I feel really uneasy about it finishing production.

I just...I dunno. Maybe it's because it literally is a dream come true. It's rare. It's like I'm expecting something to stop it.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 01:41:03 pm by Tad »

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #1864 on: November 12, 2015, 12:05:53 pm »
I'm not sure why, but till I get this in my hands, I feel really uneasy about it finishing production.

I just...I dunno. Maybe because it's because it literally is a dream come true. It's rare. It's like I'm expecting something to stop it.
Same here. SEGA at the time had an incredible team working on the game. SEGA pretty much had some of the best teams under their name. Nowadays its rare to see even the big developers come close to the stuff SEGA has done(well even they themselves). It really depends on Yu Suzuki and whether he still got it in him to lead a team in the right direction. <-- This is me keeping my expectations in check. But man, im still glad shenmue 3 is even a thing.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1865 on: November 12, 2015, 01:17:56 pm »
I agree. Look at Yuji Naka and what he has done at Prope. Let's Tap and Ivy were good fun, but they haven't done much else. Their iOS games are abysmal, and Rodea had such a delayed release that now the Wii version is the only true Prope product and Naka has distanced himself from the Wii U and 3DS versions.

Offline Tad

« Reply #1866 on: November 12, 2015, 01:44:36 pm »
It's not that I don't think they can't as such. I just think something will come up. Like I said, I'm hoping it's just a case of me still not believing it's finally happening.

If something does happen of course, I really wouldn't want to be in Suzuki's shoes. It'll probably end his career.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #1867 on: November 12, 2015, 02:37:19 pm »
It's not that I don't think they can't as such. I just think something will come up. Like I said, I'm hoping it's just a case of me still not believing it's finally happening.

If something does happen of course, I really wouldn't want to be in Suzuki's shoes. It'll probably end his career.
Ah like that. Yeah while it has all sinked in, it is still quite unbelievable. I think we caught the game right from the start of its development. I think its gonna be a long wait unless they decide to make it episodic... Unlikely perhaps since many already backed a full priced boxed game.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 02:41:47 pm by CrazyT »

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1868 on: November 13, 2015, 02:02:56 am »
Yeah, now that the game is actually in production, anxiety kicks in. I've had conversations with some of my best buds, also rabbid Shenmue fans and the question - Will it actually be good? - has become a recurring one

Here's my take on it: I don't expect this to be Duke Nukem Forever. Even at that time. DNF was considered a joke. The Shenmue never achieved that status, I'm expecting a good action adventure game. Heck, it doesn't need to be a 10/10 game. Just a very good game.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #1869 on: November 13, 2015, 03:58:04 am »
H
ere's my take on it: I don't expect this to be Duke Nukem Forever. Even at that time. DNF was considered a joke. The Shenmue never achieved that status, I'm expecting a good action adventure game. Heck, it doesn't need to be a 10/10 game. Just a very good gam

My take is if Yu Suzuki can get some $30 million in total, It be a really good game,  I'm sure MS will come in and it be on the XBox One too and with luck the game will sell a million copies on all 3 formats  . But Yu Suzuki needs $20 or $30 million to make a really good Shenmue III game just becasue of the game scale   

Same here. SEGA at the time had an incredible team working on the game. SEGA pretty much had some of the best teams under their name. Nowadays its rare to see even the big developers come close to the stuff SEGA has done(well even they themselves).

SEGA had the best , but that was a diffrent SEGA and working on your own Hardware made a world of difference to SEGA. Even if all the staff were still at SEGA HQ, I'm not sure it would be like the old days
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Trippled

« Reply #1870 on: November 13, 2015, 08:48:39 am »

SEGA had the best , but that was a diffrent SEGA and working on your own Hardware made a world of difference to SEGA. Even if all the staff were still at SEGA HQ, I'm not sure it would be like the old days

Nintendo fans talk about the Yamauchi era...but for Sega fans the Hideki Sato/Hisashi Suzuki era, is definitly an apt counterpart.

Offline Tad

« Reply #1871 on: November 13, 2015, 10:45:31 am »
Yeah, now that the game is actually in production, anxiety kicks in. I've had conversations with some of my best buds, also rabbid Shenmue fans and the question - Will it actually be good? - has become a recurring one

Here's my take on it: I don't expect this to be Duke Nukem Forever. Even at that time. DNF was considered a joke. The Shenmue never achieved that status, I'm expecting a good action adventure game. Heck, it doesn't need to be a 10/10 game. Just a very good game.

I'm positive it will be a good game. Probably not the "full" experience as the old ones, but Life is strange and Telltale do a lot with a little, so if it's like Life is Strange, I'd finish it happy enough.

The thing that's annoying me is if it actually finishes production. Or, will something stop it. Really hope not.

Offline Ziming

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #1872 on: November 17, 2015, 08:59:17 pm »
Could you guys do a news update on this video? Shenmue fans at the Dojo spent quite a bit of time translating it. Captions/subtitles are available in 4 languages: English, French, Spanish, & German. A very rare look inside SEGA during the 90's while they were developing Shenmue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbrSmqnegIk

Offline Ziming

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #1873 on: November 21, 2015, 05:22:43 am »
English captions have now been added to the Shenmue 3 part of the recent China video. Captions begins at 35:49.

https://youtu.be/YNkaLCzL6Z8?t=2146

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1874 on: November 24, 2015, 06:06:48 am »
Thanks for sharing that. I watched that part over and over. Either the translation was off, but I could've sworn they were saying that there was indeed a Shenmue 3 prototype made with the Dreamcast still in mind (and possibly the OG Xbox). Man the constrast is staggering.