Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 675689 times)

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!
« Reply #1875 on: February 24, 2016, 01:28:35 pm »
December of 2017? The PS5 will probably be out the following year.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #1876 on: February 24, 2016, 02:19:56 pm »
I highly doubt PS5 will be out or mentioned by 2017. There's little need or hunger for another console so soon.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #1877 on: February 24, 2016, 03:37:36 pm »
Just a reminder, the Monaco Magic conference kicks off this Friday, Feb. 26. Expect to see some new info about Shenmue III!  At the same time keep expectations in line with the early stage of development.

Edit: I mistakenly said Saturday, as due to the time difference the starting time here in the Eastern time zone is actually in the wee hours of Saturday morning... but in Monaco, it starts Friday.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 09:58:05 am by Centrale »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #1878 on: February 24, 2016, 06:14:32 pm »
I don't expect the game to be anything mind blowing even when its done... It'll be inline with an indie game. Shame but that's the reality of the situation.
Made by SEGA

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #1879 on: February 24, 2016, 11:05:10 pm »
People really like to shit down the throats of publishers like SEGA and Konami when they refuse to fund projects that they enjoy. Especially when said companies are burnt out of millions of dollars. Its also funny to see people online say 'just delay' a game when its not ready.

But these kickstarters are really starting to show people that game development isn't easy. Shenmue III won't be as mind blowing as Shenmue I/II was, because they don't have the cash and the amount of talent SEGA had during the early 2000s.

Talking about 'delaying', look at Mighty No. 9 fans, the team has delayed it to release a better product and everyone shit on them for months... I wonder why publishers do the same thing....

Offline Tad

« Reply #1880 on: February 25, 2016, 01:05:40 am »
It won't be mind blowing as, well, what it's trying to do isn't anymore. At its heart, it's an adventure game with other elements fitting in.

I'm fine with that.

Also, George, I don't particularly care for Kojima, but Konami have deserved the poor reputation as of late. They've treated their staff, products and customers like crap and it's only right they get called out as such.

Offline George

« Reply #1881 on: February 25, 2016, 01:39:52 am »
Oi Tad, I agree with that aspect for sure, but when they do fund a big project they still get shit on. Like MGSV, let's be honest MGS wouldn't be anything without Konami's money.

But yeah, that doesn't excuse them on how they and the new CEO have mistreated the staff. I agree 100% with that. I think these Japanese companies have been put in a rough spot and it doesn't help that Japan is mobile and gambling obsessed.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #1882 on: February 25, 2016, 08:54:40 am »
People really like to shit down the throats of publishers like SEGA and Konami when they refuse to fund projects that they enjoy. Especially when said companies are burnt out of millions of dollars.

Tbh to Konami they did through money at it's various projects , they're getting a rough ride now because people don't like Konami turning its back on console productions and going mobile  . SEGA are getting flack for that too, but SONY should have the biggest kicking with Shenmue  .

They cynically used Yu Suzuki at E3 and Shenmue IP  , with out putting their money where their mouth was.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #1883 on: February 27, 2016, 02:43:13 pm »
It's actually shaping up as a palpable game now. And it's looking pretty genuine. Hoping that the models improve as much as the setting.

Talking about 'delaying', look at Mighty No. 9 fans, the team has delayed it to release a better product and everyone shit on them for months... I wonder why publishers do the same thing....

Mighty NÂș 9 is a fucking disaster of a project in just about every way that counts and Inafune rightfully lost all good will that he had from blind Megaman fanboys he won over with his genius "Fuck Capcom" sentiment.

The game looks like shit, the development cycle is ridiculous, the community management  was a debacle, Comcept spearheaded *3* other crowdfunding projects related to it, one for a spinoff game, announced movies, series and crossovers for a game that's not even out yet.

Inafune wants to launch himself off the brand power of Megaman with his shitty clone when he simply doesn't get that his game needs to prove itself before he can greenlight all of this multimedia shit. He wants to build a brand, not a game series.

He was an idiot in his last years in Capcom and he's an even bigger idiot now.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 06:45:07 am by Phantasos »

Offline Centrale

« Reply #1884 on: February 27, 2016, 06:36:10 pm »
Shenmue III looking really nice. At Shenmue Dojo they have some pictures comparing the original version of Shenhua's house with the new version, and the placement of almost every object is lovingly re-created with new models and textures. These are still early images but at this point I'm confident that this will feel like Shenmue should feel.

Offline George

« Reply #1885 on: February 27, 2016, 06:58:34 pm »
Not that people read the front page, but I posted it here too.

Offline Tad

« Reply #1886 on: February 28, 2016, 11:25:02 am »
We have a front page?

;)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1887 on: February 29, 2016, 10:55:39 am »
Saw the pictures yesterday. I am really liking what I'm seeing so far. The detail between the original Dreamcast Shenmue 3 prototype and this new version is beyond insane.

And with updated graphics Shenhua's house looks exactly the same. Down to the smallest detail. This looks great but I kinda wanna see an actual gameplay trailer.
Maybe by the time E3 comes around, we'll have a new trailer. Assuming the game is intended for a Jan / Feb 2017 release, moar actual gameplay material is needed.

Offline Centrale

« Reply #1888 on: February 29, 2016, 12:50:53 pm »
Assuming the game is intended for a Jan / Feb 2017 release, moar actual gameplay material is needed.

The current target date is December 2017.

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #1889 on: February 29, 2016, 01:29:18 pm »
I think they should take their time with the gameplay debut.  Last thing we need are another wave of shitty articles from clickbait journalists about how awful the animations or whatever look, ignoring how the game is early in development.

When it's ready, show it. I say.