Author Topic: Shinobi 3DS - SEGA/Gryptonite Games  (Read 45901 times)

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
Re: Gryptonite Games making Shinobi 3DS?
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2011, 02:04:53 pm »
Quote from: "Aki-at"
Quote from: "cube_b3"
The 2 Shinobi games I played on the MD didn't have run n gun.

A) You couldn't run in Revenge of Shinobi.

You do not run in Contra either, you do not have to run to fall in the run and gun genre.

In Contra you are always running, and you can shoot while you are moving.

B) In Return of the Ninja Master, you couldn't throw a Shuriken when running as he would swing his sword instead.

That was a powerup.

No, No. Look you double tap to run and in running mode pressing the action button does a running slash.

[/quote]
So how are they run and gun?

Because you see, you go in any direction and you shot things with shurikens. It is a platform / run and gun hybrid.[/quote]

But you couldn't aim in the game like in Contra or Metal Slug but I guess if MegaMan is run and gun then this could match the criteria as well.

Challenge, do you not know what it is? It's a key aspect that me, Pao, probably Sanus and whoever likes Shinobi enjoyed, taken away and replaced with a pansy auto aim mode, oh and they were dumb down say they do not cause damage, great idea.

But the fact you hold this opinion already tells me you're not much of a fan of the original games or just a casual gamer.

I've spend countless hours on the Genesis games and I simply prefer the PS2 games just like I prefer Sonic Adventure over the Genesis series.

While I guess an aiming cursor would definetly spice things up, I am happy with out it I wouldn't object to it though.

I know this is the worst example but I think of Shadow while imagining a Manual aiming system. The modern Shinobi games were modelled closely on Sonic games you can see the whole bouncing off enemy similarity and the whole speed of things.

But yeah if they have a normal cursor based aiming system, I wouldn't object to it but I have a fear if they changed it, it would be something like Shadow.

Again, you act like I have no vested interest in my favourite series. I play Revenge of Shinobi and Shinobi 3 weekly and even with those videos, the games feel too different to even feel like Shinobi. I could get some classic vibes going with Sonic Unleashed and Sonic 2, that does not mean that it is found throughout the game.

Aki I think the problem is you think just because you weren't able to accept the modern games, no body did.

I hate the Unleashed Sonic Boost based model I find it a devolution, where as others see it as evolution.

He already screwed over his own series, they are just finishing off the job.

That is just your opinion and your entitled to it.

Many people found Sonic Adventure a bastardization back in my school days people hated the 3D shift, I accepted it.

If you honestly think Shinobi on the Playstation 2 was true to the spirit of the original Shinobi games then you're not really much of a fan or even bothered to play any Shinobi games prior to the move to Sony platforms.

Here you go again.
I've beaten all the MD games countless times
I still own Shadow Dancer & Return with cases and Manuals, you want to buy them?
I'll throw in Shinobi & Nightshade for free.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2011, 03:01:13 pm »
SOMEONE PLEASE, go over to Sonic Retro and throttle that Sonic fan that has the Nintendo Power mag and isn't posting Shinobi scans...
Made by SEGA

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2011, 03:07:37 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
SOMEONE PLEASE, go over to Sonic Retro and throttle that Sonic fan that has the Nintendo Power mag and isn't posting Shinobi scans...

Was just going to say the same thing  :evil:

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2011, 03:36:08 pm »
Ohh, so there are screenshots out there?
 Nice, I'll be looking forward to seeing how it looks.

Also, I agree with Sharky that it could have some decent combat as well, but don't think it should be the focus. Just have some sections where you kill a bunch of guys and then go back to platforming and ninja star chucking.

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2011, 04:03:55 pm »
Here are the scans by Effexor at Sonic Stadium.

http://i.imgur.com/CpfFZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Kygwd.jpg

The art style looks garbage and un-shinobi to the core, like I suspected.

Gameplay? Juggle-fest like their previous games apparently, with grappling hook and magic being generic "fire, water, lightning", etc...

Good, now I don't have to be excited about it... it might be a good action platformer, but its not the Shinobi I wanted.  FU SEGA.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2011, 05:02:57 pm »
Best looking Shinobi game ever. I'm excited. Glad its not going back to the trashy originals.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2011, 05:11:20 pm »
Looks and sounds really interesting. Love how they kept the long, flowing red scarf.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2011, 05:13:24 pm »
Joe is back:

Offline Sharky

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2011, 05:27:46 pm »
Quote from: "Pao"
Here are the scans by Effexor at Sonic Stadium.

http://i.imgur.com/CpfFZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Kygwd.jpg

The art style looks garbage and un-shinobi to the core, like I suspected.

Gameplay? Juggle-fest like their previous games apparently, with grappling hook and magic being generic "fire, water, lightning", etc...

Good, now I don't have to be excited about it... it might be a good action platformer, but its not the Shinobi I wanted.  FU SEGA.

What really? It looks and sounds really awesome and I'm not seeing anything NOT Shinobi about this so far...

-Design is totally enspired by Joe Musashi from Shinobi 3 + scarf and stance of Shinobi ps2... if it isn't him I'll be shocked.
-Shurken mini game from Shinobi Arcade
-I see Shinobi 3 horse battle (screen)
-I see awesome Shinobi 3 level 1 cave boss (screen)
-I read awesome boss battles like Cyborg shark...
-Read about platforming, (climbing water fall on falling logs!)

Where is the bad here? To me this sounds totally awesome.
Made by SEGA

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2011, 06:37:06 pm »
I will admit it caught me by surprise...

I did not expect the article to sound THAT good, all that action in just the first stage? Graphically, the game can look a lot better however, everything as far as content goes sound potentially awesome. I need to see the gameplay before I can judge it (And it really is hard when describing stuff like this in a magazine) so I'll hold on to that but everything else sounds great.

Also I like the new art style and I like the redesign of Joe Musashi, at least I am hoping it is, finger crossed the real Ninja Master finally returns!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 06:44:34 pm by Aki-at »

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2011, 06:39:44 pm »
Also hoping this is Joe Musashi. The guy really needs to return as one of SEGA's mascot. He should literally be as important to them as Link is to Nintendo.

I am kind of surprised by Pao's reaction. I am actually very excited for this now that I know what the design is like. Though, the art does not look as Japanese as I expected, reminds me more of late 80s, early 90s American action cartoons... Which is actually kind of cooler!

This sounds like a great blend of GG Shinobi and Shinobi III with a dash of new age tech. That is EXACTLY what I wanted with a new release in the series.

Fuck you SEGA. Making me buy a 3DS for three of your games and some other stuff, assholes.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2011, 06:48:47 pm »
My only complaint so far is that the textures could be better, it looks a bit like a DS game thats been ported to 3DS.

If they could spend a little time making it look more like a 3DS game I'd be happy.
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2011, 06:54:19 pm »
Look at any 3DS screenshot and you will be shocked at how poor it seems, but the large majority of the games looks stunning once they are going in person. Super Monkey Ball is a great example, the screenshots looked worse than any in the series, but it is clearly better than any of the rest of the series when you are up close.

Too bad about the game though. Oh well, DIMPS never learns.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2011, 06:58:21 pm »
I like the somewhat painterly art direction.  The characters look nice, although the environments could use more detail.  Overall it's going to take a lot to convince me to shell out for a 3DS, so I'm hoping it'll be part of an overall revival of the series with installments on other systems.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2011, 07:11:44 pm »
Quote from: "Centrale"
I'm hoping it'll be part of an overall revival of the series with installments on other systems.

Please god yes!
Made by SEGA