Author Topic: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package  (Read 463237 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package
« Reply #975 on: February 18, 2022, 12:10:46 am »
New Sonic The Hedgehog 2 movie poster :

Source : https://discord.com/invite/X3ue3mCA4q

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package
« Reply #976 on: February 18, 2022, 07:10:12 am »
Strike when iron's hot.
Sonic is gonna popular this year thanks to Sonic 2 movie, Sonic Prime, and Sonic Frontiers.
There's no guarantee that it's gonna be like this two years for now,
so It'd make sense to go full power right now,
That's what Project Sonic 2022's goal  is.

And about why pick Knuckles...
TV series is very limited on budget too, that's why they usually pick a character that's not main character
It would be too expensive to make Iron Man or Captain America TV series with Robert Downey Jr or Chris Evan.
That's why they chose Loki, Hawkeye, and Falcon & Winter Soldier for TV series,
and even that's still expensive as hell.
It's a risque bet.
The fact they are striking the iron because "There's no guarantee that it's gonna be like this two years for now" just seems a bit wreckless when they could take actions to assure guarantee the iron remains white hot for that long. As a Sonic fan, I want the movie franchise to succeed and last long. But I'm concerned that the moment the movie franchise is exhausted for all it's worth it'll just be abandoned like Sonic Boom was.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdmYFyC0Aes

This is why I go on about "Sega Cinematic Universe", ways to keep the Sonic films going even after the Sonic films for a long time afterwards.

Offline Berto

« Reply #977 on: February 19, 2022, 06:38:08 pm »
The fact they are striking the iron because "There's no guarantee that it's gonna be like this two years for now" just seems a bit wreckless when they could take actions to assure guarantee the iron remains white hot for that long. As a Sonic fan, I want the movie franchise to succeed and last long. But I'm concerned that the moment the movie franchise is exhausted for all it's worth it'll just be abandoned like Sonic Boom was.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdmYFyC0Aes

Sonic Boom wasn't supported by good games, that's why the franchise was destined to fail.
Sonic Frontiers on the other hand .... well, we still don't know yet.

This is why I go on about "Sega Cinematic Universe", ways to keep the Sonic films going even after the Sonic films for a long time afterwards.

It's hard because different studios have different licenses.

Offline Berto

« Reply #978 on: February 20, 2022, 12:34:04 am »
Sonic the Hedgehog 2's Cast on the Little Details Fans Will Love | IGN Fan Fest 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbDuCjo9ENE

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #979 on: February 20, 2022, 05:47:57 am »
Sonic Boom wasn't supported by good games, that's why the franchise was destined to fail.
Sonic Frontiers on the other hand .... well, we still don't know yet.

It's hard because different studios have different licenses.
The licencing can be hammered out and Jeff Fowler doesn't have to direct all of them. All the MArvel films are not directed but Kevin Feige produced them all. So I imagine it would be Neil H. Moritz or Takeshi Ito to take up the job of producting a Sega Cinematic Universe. That is, if they ever decided on one.

Offline Berto

« Reply #980 on: February 20, 2022, 07:32:38 am »
The licencing can be hammered out and Jeff Fowler doesn't have to direct all of them. All the MArvel films are not directed but Kevin Feige produced them all. So I imagine it would be Neil H. Moritz or Takeshi Ito to take up the job of producting a Sega Cinematic Universe. That is, if they ever decided on one.

Comparing SEGA to Marvel is too far.
Marvel is belong to DISNEY.
We are talking about Mega Ultra Corporation DISNEY here.
Once they knew it prints money, there is nothing DISNEY couldn't do.

Offline Berto

« Reply #981 on: February 20, 2022, 08:09:09 am »
Deal alert: Sonic X The Complete Series dubbed SD on blu-ray is 42% off, lowest price since release!

Source : https://twitter.com/segabits/status/1495360425789210630?s=21
Link : https://t.co/SgZxeWJrap

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #982 on: February 20, 2022, 08:46:01 am »
Comparing SEGA to Marvel is too far.
Marvel is belong to DISNEY.
We are talking about Mega Ultra Corporation DISNEY here.
Once they knew it prints money, there is nothing DISNEY couldn't do.

Disney own DiC? They own the DiC-era Sonic cartoons? But yeah, the power of Disney is kinda scary.

Offline Berto

« Reply #983 on: February 20, 2022, 07:18:18 pm »
Disney own DiC? They own the DiC-era Sonic cartoons? But yeah, the power of Disney is kinda scary.

I meant about Cinematic Universe.
Spider-Man's movie right belongs to Sony and Hulk belongs to Universal Pictures.
In the past they wouldn't let their character's used outside of their own made movie,
but somehow Marvel/Disney could make a deal with them.
It because they're guaranteed to print money in Disney's hand.

Offline Berto

« Reply #984 on: February 21, 2022, 12:06:30 am »
F4F Polling Interest in a Sally Acorn Statue

As of this writing, the yeses are winning with 73% of the vote, 578 to 217. While those may seem like small numbers, that’s actually the most votes any character has gotten in this poll in years.
The poll is set to run through Wednesday, though participants will need to join F4F’s Facebook community in order to vote. 

Article : https://www.sonicstadium.org/2022/02/f4f-polling-interest-in-a-sally-acorn-statue/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #985 on: February 21, 2022, 07:55:26 am »
I meant about Cinematic Universe.
Spider-Man's movie right belongs to Sony and Hulk belongs to Universal Pictures.
In the past they wouldn't let their character's used outside of their own made movie,
but somehow Marvel/Disney could make a deal with them.
It because they're guaranteed to print money in Disney's hand.
True, but cinematic universes are still possible... sorta. I mean take Universal Studios for example, they made monster movies based on dracula, Frankenstein and Wolfman and decided to make crossovers with these movies making it an early example of a shared cinematic universe. SOmething I imagine Sega Cinematic Universe can do.

Then Marvel and DC made their own cinematic universes... which inspired Universal Studio to make their own cinematic universe called "Dark Universe" but they were so ham-fisted about it with The Mummy that they screwed it up royally.

Seriously, all Universal Studios had to do was to get Stephen Sommers to make a crossover movie with Brendan Fraser as Rick O'Connell and Hugh Jackman as Gabriel Van Helsing. Or let Richard Roxburgh have his own spin-off with Dracula.
Sure Stephen Sommers Classic Monster movies aren't "scary", but his take on The Mummy was better than the remake.

Offline Berto

« Reply #986 on: February 21, 2022, 07:08:24 pm »
Well... Universal Studios are movie makers anyway, it made sense for them to build Cinematic Universe.
Just like WB building DCEU and Disney building MCU.
I think if Sega Cinematic Universe would happen, it would be more on Paramount than SEGA.

Offline Berto

« Reply #987 on: February 22, 2022, 12:05:44 am »
Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis) - Easy Mode Hack

Changes:
- Sonic only needs to collect 3 flickies instead of 5 to open portals!
- All bosses have three health points and even Doctor Robotnik has three phases
- Sonic can enter the final level without collecting diamonds, and Dr. Robotnik will tell him anyway “Prepare to fight the final weapon.”!

Download the patch here : http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/6614/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #988 on: February 22, 2022, 09:24:23 am »
Well... Universal Studios are movie makers anyway, it made sense for them to build Cinematic Universe.
Just like WB building DCEU and Disney building MCU.
I think if Sega Cinematic Universe would happen, it would be more on Paramount than SEGA.
Well it's not like I can lobby or even suggest it to Paramount anyway. And by googling "Sega CInematic Universe" it's probable they get the message by noe from other fans.

Offline Berto

« Reply #989 on: February 23, 2022, 07:30:07 pm »
Well it's not like I can lobby or even suggest it to Paramount anyway. And by googling "Sega CInematic Universe" it's probable they get the message by noe from other fans.

Still there were some interesting articles when we google "SEGA Cinematic Universe".
But very few comments, too bad.