Author Topic: The Fat Plumber Thread  (Read 89599 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: The Fat Plumber Thread
« Reply #270 on: October 04, 2023, 02:20:33 am »
3DS and Wii U software online services to end in early April 2024

"We will announce a specific end date and time at a later date.
Please note that if an event occurs that would make it difficult to continue online services for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U software, we may have to discontinue services earlier than planned.
We sincerely thank players for using the online services of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U software over a long period of time and apologize for any ..."

Article : https://www.gematsu.com/2023/10/3ds-and-wii-u-software-online-services-to-end-in-early-april-2024

Offline Berto

« Reply #271 on: October 05, 2023, 01:48:10 am »
Super Mario Bros. Wonder Producer Addresses Sonic Superstars Releasing the Same Week

Speaking to Game Informer, Tezuka himself seemed taken aback by how closely the two games will be releasing.
"I think it's an interesting coincidence. We've been creating 2D action games for a long time and we, of course, want as many players as possible to enjoy those games," said Tezuka. "We're looking forward to as many people as possible having the opportunity to play these 2D side-scrolling action games, Mario and otherwise."
Tezuka clearly doesn't seem bothered by the "competition" and it's likely that a lot  ...

Article : https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/super-mario-bros-wonder-sonic-superstars-releasing-same-week/

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #272 on: October 12, 2023, 03:38:41 pm »
As someone who is interested in the concepts of "aesthetics" and cyberpunk derivatives, which are styles and themes that have a specific kind of mood or nostalgia, my suspicion that Nintendo has its own brand of aesthetic is confirmed.It's known as "Nintencore".
I'm just curious if there is a "Segacore" or something that can be regarded equivalent to Sega.

Offline Berto

« Reply #273 on: October 12, 2023, 11:05:14 pm »
As someone who is interested in the concepts of "aesthetics" and cyberpunk derivatives, which are styles and themes that have a specific kind of mood or nostalgia, my suspicion that Nintendo has its own brand of aesthetic is confirmed.It's known as "Nintencore".
I'm just curious if there is a "Segacore" or something that can be regarded equivalent to Sega.

Yes, there was.
The word they used was "DNA" instead of "core".
Toshihiro Nagoshi mentioned it as "Innovative DNA", "Evolve DNA", or "SEGA DNA".
But that DNA term wasn't used again since Toshihiro Nagoshi left the company.

Link : https://www.segasammy.co.jp/en/archives/ir/ar2018/creation/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #274 on: October 13, 2023, 01:44:42 am »
Yes, there was.
The word they used was "DNA" instead of "core".
Toshihiro Nagoshi mentioned it as "Innovative DNA", "Evolve DNA", or "SEGA DNA".
But that DNA term wasn't used again since Toshihiro Nagoshi left the company.

Link : https://www.segasammy.co.jp/en/archives/ir/ar2018/creation/
I see. So Nagoshi had an understanding on Sega's general style... just it wasn't executed much.
I noticed Nintendo have it's own distinct style and aesthetics and noticed a few TikTok videos and fan animations that utilize it. I think it's because Nintendo games like Pokémon, Splatoon and Animal Crossing not just have a wide variety of characters but customizable main characters that makes the player feels more "in their shoes" and involved in the world these games established.

Other than Phantasy Star Online, I don't recall much Sega games that offer this level of involvement for characters. But that's not to say no Sega game are known for founding it's own aesthetic, such as Jet Set Radio establishing "Shibuya Punk"
It just be nice if fans have such relations with Sega games as fans do with Nintendo games.

Offline Berto

« Reply #275 on: October 13, 2023, 02:41:42 am »
I see. So Nagoshi had an understanding on Sega's general style... just it wasn't executed much.
I noticed Nintendo have it's own distinct style and aesthetics and noticed a few TikTok videos and fan animations that utilize it. I think it's because Nintendo games like Pokémon, Splatoon and Animal Crossing not just have a wide variety of characters but customizable main characters that makes the player feels more "in their shoes" and involved in the world these games established.

Other than Phantasy Star Online, I don't recall much Sega games that offer this level of involvement for characters. But that's not to say no Sega game are known for founding it's own aesthetic, such as Jet Set Radio establishing "Shibuya Punk"
It just be nice if fans have such relations with Sega games as fans do with Nintendo games.

I think SEGA is keep changing because that's their DNA. To be "Innovative", "Evolve", and "Move Forward".
Phantasy Star IV to Phantasy Star Online and Sonic 3 to Sonic Adventure were really a huge change back then.
Sure the changes sacrifice some of the old themes but like Stan Lee said ... "change is good".

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #276 on: October 13, 2023, 03:01:39 am »
I think SEGA is keep changing because that's their DNA. To be "Innovative", "Evolve", and "Move Forward".
Phantasy Star IV to Phantasy Star Online and Sonic 3 to Sonic Adventure were really a huge change back then.
Sure the changes sacrifice some of the old themes but like Stan Lee said ... "change is good".

I guess so, but one of the reasons Nintendo lasted so long is because they knew how to market nostalgia, just like Disney.
I guess Sonic games do have their own sort of "aesthetics"... between Classic-era and Dreamcast-era.

Offline Berto

« Reply #277 on: October 15, 2023, 07:29:26 pm »
I guess so, but one of the reasons Nintendo lasted so long is because they knew how to market nostalgia, just like Disney.
I guess Sonic games do have their own sort of "aesthetics"... between Classic-era and Dreamcast-era.

Do you think Sonic Frontiers has lost its Sonic's aesthetics?
Because the graphic's becoming more realistic and enemies are kinda different, not the kind we usually found in Sonic games.

Compared to Lost World, it's very different.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #278 on: October 16, 2023, 08:41:57 am »
Because the graphic's becoming more realistic and enemies are kinda different, not the kind we usually found in Sonic games.

Compared to Lost World, it's very different.

A'ight... prepare for a big'un!

Honestly... it is difficult to "pin" exactly what "Modern Sonic" aesthetic is.

I mean, my guess for Sonic Adventure they tried to go for realistic the best of their capabilities for the Dreamcast but because of the 256x256 and 128x128 texture limit, the console's lighting capabilities and other factors the adventure games still had their limits.
That and some stages in the adventure games forego "realism" for style.

Sonic Adventure was still a rather colourful game, and these themes of "colourful abstract realism" carried on throughout the Dreamcast-era of Sonic.
There was always something about the graphics of the Dreamcast-games that just sort of made Dreamcast games unique. I could never put the words what it is but it's like what would be regarded it's limits for a console for it's time was also what gave it it's own aesthetic.

Then there was Sonic '06 which I can tell tried to be like the Dreamcast-era but also trying to be more realistic.

In a way, some of the stages complimented it well such as Kingdom Valley or Tropical Jungle while other stages were rather generic in style.

I think the "definite style" for modern Sonic was finally founded in Sonic Unleashed. They seemed to have found that good balance of colourful, abstraction and realism that really brings out the world of Sonic without losing it's core values it had since the Dreamcast-era.

My only complaint in design were the cartoony humans, which just look odd when they stand against the degree of detail on the Town Stages.

Then by Sonic Colours, they decided to just make it all colourful and cartoony. I figured it would just a one-off thing given it's supposed to be themed on interstellar amusement park and alien planets

It actually got worse by Sonic Lost World which had this sort of very colourful, yet sort of blocky like geography.

But you know what Sonic Lost World design reminds me of? It reminds me of Master System/Game Gear Sonic games, which had similar graphics design due to the limits the 8-bit consoles had.

So in a way, "Lost World" geography-style could work for Classic Sonic games but only under specific circumstances.

By Sonic Generations they seemed to went by to unleashed style of scenery design where they balanced colourful and realism and this really work! I mean it's kind of the style established since Sonic Adventure but shows it can be applied as a design scheme to older stages as well if done right.

But for some reason, in Sonic Forces, they decided to "mix it up a bit" by mixing in some of the blocky Lost World-like terrain which sort of clashes with the realism a little which made it look a bit "Mushroom Kingdom" in some places.

As for your original question, I don't think they lost the aesthetics established in Dreamcast-era, Unleashed and Generations but given it is now a more open-world game means they can't use the usual level designs we've grown familiar with in Sonic games, thus why these designs are used for platforming segments scattered throughout the islands as well as Cyber Space stages.

But, I think in writing this rather long-winded post of mine, I think I did some up with what could be regarded as a "Sonicore" aesthetic that could be applied to most games.
  • Roller coaster terrain, unlike most platforming games (such as Mario games) which usually consist of angular slopes and platforms, Sonic Team design their stages more comparable to roller coasters with loop-de-loops and twists but incorporate them into the terrain and design of the world. Almost all Sonic stages feel like running on a roller coaster track and with Sonic's speed have that feel of exhilaration of speed and loops that most other platforming games don't have.
  • Bright and colourful, yet a degree of realism, best exemplified in Dreamcast-era games, Sonic Unleashed and Generations. However, it's OK to lean towards realism and less colour at times as long as it compliments the stage, such as Kingdom Valley from Sonic '06
  • Classic games can favour cartoony over realism, Sonic Mania and Superstars aren't exactly "cartoonish" in level designs but still have flora and geography that seem more on the whimsy than real, and that seems fine as it compliments the Classic-era characters well.

I guess my conclusion is that when it comes to "Mariocore", Mario games have followed a distinct style that they've kept as a constance throughout the series, but they did make some alterations to fit in with a "Classic-era", an "N64-Gamecube era" to a "Modern-era" of their own.
Like Mariocore, "Sonicore" has also adapted its style throughout its era but taken more different changes to exemplify the graphical capabilities of Sonic games as well as to fit in with Sonic's ongoing style. Classic-era being more whimsy and colourful in level design while Dreamcast-era and most Modern-era being just as colourful but favouring realism but can still be applied to zones from the Classic-era such as Green Hill Zone. Sonic Generations best exemplify this.

I guess in a way, I'ms tarting to see what Sonic's aesthetic more is. I just wish "Sonicore" is as recognised as "Mariocore".

As for "Segacore" in general, that's something I yet to identify... but as I mentioned, there was something about Dreamcast games I always thought had their own "vibrancy" to them.

Offline Berto

« Reply #279 on: October 16, 2023, 10:25:37 pm »
A'ight... prepare for a big'un!

Honestly... it is difficult to "pin" exactly what "Modern Sonic" aesthetic is.

I mean, my guess for Sonic Adventure they tried to go for realistic the best of their capabilities for the Dreamcast but because of the 256x256 and 128x128 texture limit, the console's lighting capabilities and other factors the adventure games still had their limits.
That and some stages in the adventure games forego "realism" for style.

Sonic Adventure was still a rather colourful game, and these themes of "colourful abstract realism" carried on throughout the Dreamcast-era of Sonic.
There was always something about the graphics of the Dreamcast-games that just sort of made Dreamcast games unique. I could never put the words what it is but it's like what would be regarded it's limits for a console for it's time was also what gave it it's own aesthetic.

Yeah, sometimes limitation could bring a creativity which lead to a unique aesthetic that somehow would be lost when the limitation is removed.

Then there was Sonic '06 which I can tell tried to be like the Dreamcast-era but also trying to be more realistic.

In a way, some of the stages complimented it well such as Kingdom Valley or Tropical Jungle while other stages were rather generic in style.

I think the "definite style" for modern Sonic was finally founded in Sonic Unleashed. They seemed to have found that good balance of colourful, abstraction and realism that really brings out the world of Sonic without losing it's core values it had since the Dreamcast-era.

My only complaint in design were the cartoony humans, which just look odd when they stand against the degree of detail on the Town Stages.

Sonic, Tails, and friends are cartoony humanoid animals though.
If the humans had to look normal (like they do in 06) then I think Sonic and friends should've look like they were in movie version.

Then by Sonic Colours, they decided to just make it all colourful and cartoony. I figured it would just a one-off thing given it's supposed to be themed on interstellar amusement park and alien planets

It actually got worse by Sonic Lost World which had this sort of very colourful, yet sort of blocky like geography.

But you know what Sonic Lost World design reminds me of? It reminds me of Master System/Game Gear Sonic games, which had similar graphics design due to the limits the 8-bit consoles had.

So in a way, "Lost World" geography-style could work for Classic Sonic games but only under specific circumstances.

By Sonic Generations they seemed to went by to unleashed style of scenery design where they balanced colourful and realism and this really work! I mean it's kind of the style established since Sonic Adventure but shows it can be applied as a design scheme to older stages as well if done right.

I wonder how the humans would like in the Generations environment.

But for some reason, in Sonic Forces, they decided to "mix it up a bit" by mixing in some of the blocky Lost World-like terrain which sort of clashes with the realism a little which made it look a bit "Mushroom Kingdom" in some places.

I guess they're still experimenting on how to combine the modern/classic environment.

As for your original question, I don't think they lost the aesthetics established in Dreamcast-era, Unleashed and Generations but given it is now a more open-world game means they can't use the usual level designs we've grown familiar with in Sonic games, thus why these designs are used for platforming segments scattered throughout the islands as well as Cyber Space stages.

But, I think in writing this rather long-winded post of mine, I think I did some up with what could be regarded as a "Sonicore" aesthetic that could be applied to most games.
  • Roller coaster terrain, unlike most platforming games (such as Mario games) which usually consist of angular slopes and platforms, Sonic Team design their stages more comparable to roller coasters with loop-de-loops and twists but incorporate them into the terrain and design of the world. Almost all Sonic stages feel like running on a roller coaster track and with Sonic's speed have that feel of exhilaration of speed and loops that most other platforming games don't have.
  • Bright and colourful, yet a degree of realism, best exemplified in Dreamcast-era games, Sonic Unleashed and Generations. However, it's OK to lean towards realism and less colour at times as long as it compliments the stage, such as Kingdom Valley from Sonic '06
  • Classic games can favour cartoony over realism, Sonic Mania and Superstars aren't exactly "cartoonish" in level designs but still have flora and geography that seem more on the whimsy than real, and that seems fine as it compliments the Classic-era characters well.
I guess my conclusion is that when it comes to "Mariocore", Mario games have followed a distinct style that they've kept as a constance throughout the series, but they did make some alterations to fit in with a "Classic-era", an "N64-Gamecube era" to a "Modern-era" of their own.
Like Mariocore, "Sonicore" has also adapted its style throughout its era but taken more different changes to exemplify the graphical capabilities of Sonic games as well as to fit in with Sonic's ongoing style. Classic-era being more whimsy and colourful in level design while Dreamcast-era and most Modern-era being just as colourful but favouring realism but can still be applied to zones from the Classic-era such as Green Hill Zone. Sonic Generations best exemplify this.

I guess in a way, I'ms tarting to see what Sonic's aesthetic more is. I just wish "Sonicore" is as recognised as "Mariocore".

I think even Sonic fans themselves still be divided if they asked about what they most like about Sonic's aethestic.

As for "Segacore" in general, that's something I yet to identify... but as I mentioned, there was something about Dreamcast games I always thought had their own "vibrancy" to them.

I guess it also depended on what games we played too.
As for me, I always thought Dreamcast aesthectic as hi-tech and modern but still colorful and vibrant.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #280 on: October 17, 2023, 07:17:11 am »
Yeah, sometimes limitation could bring a creativity which lead to a unique aesthetic that somehow would be lost when the limitation is removed.
That's probably why I found such charm with Dreamcast games. The Dreamcast may not had been as good as the XBox, PlayStation 2 or Gamecube at the time but for Sega it wa sa pioneer at what advance 3D games they could make at the time... while still limited t the technology at the time which sort of give it that charm.
Sonic, Tails, and friends are cartoony humanoid animals though.
If the humans had to look normal (like they do in 06) then I think Sonic and friends should've look like they were in movie version.

Yeah but they could of chosen a design that met them half-way. In Sonic Adventure, while low-poly due to limitations, the human NPCs were all anime. This didn't make them stand out too much against Station Square scenery nor make them look too out of place amongst the playable characters.
This is especially proven in the anime Sonic X where Sonic and his friends didn't look that out of place amongst the human characters.
I wonder how the humans would like in the Generations environment.
I imagine the same as they did in Unleashed given both games were made with the same engine.

Still given it's been awhile since we've seen other humans in Sonic games I hope they're reintroduced with either anime-like design, or "Animesque" like design. An animesque design would make them not too anime around Sonic but not too cartoony for their environment.
I guess they're still experimenting on how to combine the modern/classic environment.
Well, that's just it, I don't think it's entirely possible to do so, and it's OK.

When I read Amy's 30th Anniversary Special, it had such scenes of her in pastel colourful fields of flowers, and it made me wonder if that's how she views the world herself or if that's what it's really like.
Another example would be the Sonic the Hedgehog 30th Anniversary Special, where we saw zones that seem to be themed after the four seasons.

It's like, the "aesthetic" of Classic Sonic follows specific angular patterns in the cliffs and geography as well as a sort of pallet of colours that are bright and colourful but not too distracting.

This makes it different from the "Modern Sonic aesthetic" given instead of patterned terrain it goes for more natural terrain while still retaining the rollercoaster geography both classic and modern are known for. The stages can still be colourful but using more familiar designs for levels such as city-scapes, canyons or ancient ruins etc.
I think even Sonic fans themselves still be divided if they asked about what they most like about Sonic's aethestic.
True. I'm simply trying to understand it. I mean, I am aware of it, just not exactly sure how to describe it or neatly sum it up. And honestly, sort of jealous that Nintencore, and its sub-genres of aesthetics is a thing, while not many people seem to regard Sega or Sonic with its own aesthetics.

It all started when I found these Twitter videos by Oshiruko, their videos consist of what looks like "random moments" in the world of Pokémon, how they emulated Ken Sugimori's art style and use of colour and design.
Oshiruko also has clips for Animal Crossing and Splatoon that also use the aesthetics we're familiar with those franchises. Aesthetics listen on the Nintencore article.

The thing is, it's not just Oshiruko who made such Nintendo-fan clips, there are animators and artist who put time and effort to make these "moments", moments that lean more on the aesthetics and the feelings they promote than directly fan-art or fan-animation of the games they're based on.

Yet I hardly see anything of the like for Sega or Sonic games. I mean, sure there are plenty of Sonic fan characters and fan art around them, but nothing that brings out the aesthetic of Sega... if that makes any sense.
I guess it also depended on what games we played too.
As for me, I always thought Dreamcast aesthectic as hi-tech and modern but still colorful and vibrant.

It is. It is all those things. But I think it's specifically coming down to the colour-range, the visual quality and poly-limits of the games as well, regardless if the games are Sega, third-party or not.

Offline Berto

« Reply #281 on: October 18, 2023, 09:48:14 pm »
That's probably why I found such charm with Dreamcast games. The Dreamcast may not had been as good as the XBox, PlayStation 2 or Gamecube at the time but for Sega it wa sa pioneer at what advance 3D games they could make at the time... while still limited t the technology at the time which sort of give it that charm.

They had to make up what Saturn lacks in 3D games (compared to N64 and PS1) and thankfully they did it right.

Yeah but they could of chosen a design that met them half-way. In Sonic Adventure, while low-poly due to limitations, the human NPCs were all anime. This didn't make them stand out too much against Station Square scenery nor make them look too out of place amongst the playable characters.
This is especially proven in the anime Sonic X where Sonic and his friends didn't look that out of place amongst the human characters.

May be they tried to please westeners fans in 06 with those realistic looks.
Some western fans kinda dislike the anime approach.

I imagine the same as they did in Unleashed given both games were made with the same engine.

Still given it's been awhile since we've seen other humans in Sonic games I hope they're reintroduced with either anime-like design, or "Animesque" like design. An animesque design would make them not too anime around Sonic but not too cartoony for their environment.

That would be the best approach.

Well, that's just it, I don't think it's entirely possible to do so, and it's OK.

When I read Amy's 30th Anniversary Special, it had such scenes of her in pastel colourful fields of flowers, and it made me wonder if that's how she views the world herself or if that's what it's really like.
Another example would be the Sonic the Hedgehog 30th Anniversary Special, where we saw zones that seem to be themed after the four seasons.

It's like, the "aesthetic" of Classic Sonic follows specific angular patterns in the cliffs and geography as well as a sort of pallet of colours that are bright and colourful but not too distracting.

This makes it different from the "Modern Sonic aesthetic" given instead of patterned terrain it goes for more natural terrain while still retaining the rollercoaster geography both classic and modern are known for. The stages can still be colourful but using more familiar designs for levels such as city-scapes, canyons or ancient ruins etc.

It might be because there was where Amy lives, a peaceful and colorful environment.
She might not travel far before finally charmed by Sonic who travel a lot.

True. I'm simply trying to understand it. I mean, I am aware of it, just not exactly sure how to describe it or neatly sum it up. And honestly, sort of jealous that Nintencore, and its sub-genres of aesthetics is a thing, while not many people seem to regard Sega or Sonic with its own aesthetics.

It all started when I found these Twitter videos by Oshiruko, their videos consist of what looks like "random moments" in the world of Pokémon, how they emulated Ken Sugimori's art style and use of colour and design.
Oshiruko also has clips for Animal Crossing and Splatoon that also use the aesthetics we're familiar with those franchises. Aesthetics listen on the Nintencore article.

The thing is, it's not just Oshiruko who made such Nintendo-fan clips, there are animators and artist who put time and effort to make these "moments", moments that lean more on the aesthetics and the feelings they promote than directly fan-art or fan-animation of the games they're based on.

Yet I hardly see anything of the like for Sega or Sonic games. I mean, sure there are plenty of Sonic fan characters and fan art around them, but nothing that brings out the aesthetic of Sega... if that makes any sense.

May be if both Naka and Ooshima are still in charge of Sonic, the aesthetics could be more established.
But who knows how succesful it will in term of gameplay considering Balan Wonderworld was a flop despite all those interesting characters and world design.

It is. It is all those things. But I think it's specifically coming down to the colour-range, the visual quality and poly-limits of the games as well, regardless if the games are Sega, third-party or not.

True. Some of my favorite Dreamcast games weren't made by SEGA afterall.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 09:54:13 pm by Berto »

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #282 on: October 19, 2023, 05:11:08 pm »
They had to make up what Saturn lacks in 3D games (compared to N64 and PS1) and thankfully they did it right.
Yep.
What was the graphics specs of the Dreamcast? What made Dreamcast games appear somewhat different to how they would appear on other consoles?
May be they tried to please westeners fans in 06 with those realistic looks.
Some western fans kinda dislike the anime approach.
Yeah, they looked like rejected Disney animatronics.

That would be the best approach.
yeah. If you're familiar with JoeAdok's fan art and how he draws humans next to Sonic characters, you can see how it can work.

https://www.deviantart.com/joeadok
It might be because there was where Amy lives, a peaceful and colorful environment.
She might not travel far before finally charmed by Sonic who travel a lot.
Perhaps. And it's not like parts of our world isn't as colourful, we simply unaware of or take for granted.

May be if both Naka and Ooshima are still in charge of Sonic, the aesthetics could be more established.
But who knows how succesful it will in term of gameplay considering Balan Wonderworld was a flop despite all those interesting characters and world design.
That's true. But what if there were games other than Sonic, NiGHTS and Balan that emulated or establish its own Segacore aesthetics?
True. Some of my favorite Dreamcast games weren't made by SEGA afterall.
For some reason, I can only remember a few Dreamcast games growing up.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 05:19:26 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #283 on: October 23, 2023, 10:06:02 pm »
Yep.
What was the graphics specs of the Dreamcast? What made Dreamcast games appear somewhat different to how they would appear on other consoles?

Dunno what it's called. Better than Nintendo 64 but lesser than Gamecube.

Yeah, they looked like rejected Disney animatronics.

Reminded me of Wonder Boy movie too.

yeah. If you're familiar with JoeAdok's fan art and how he draws humans next to Sonic characters, you can see how it can work.

https://www.deviantart.com/joeadok

Those are cool artworks.

Perhaps. And it's not like parts of our world isn't as colourful, we simply unaware of or take for granted.

Wow... Where is that?

That's true. But what if there were games other than Sonic, NiGHTS and Balan that emulated or establish its own Segacore aesthetics?

Valkyria Chronicles games do indeed have such unique graphics. Too bad they didn't do well sales-wise.

For some reason, I can only remember a few Dreamcast games growing up.

It's normal. Not all games we played could 'click" with us.

Offline Berto

« Reply #284 on: October 23, 2023, 10:08:13 pm »
Super Mario Bros. Wonder – Launch Trailer – Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvQNlGKNC6o