Author Topic: Who wants a Dreamcast 2  (Read 15235 times)

Offline segaboy09

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Who wants a Dreamcast 2
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2011, 02:04:58 am »
Quote from: "CrazyTails"
Ì do gotta say that I hate having to own every single platform to be able to own each sega game.

I'd fully support a sega console just for that reason.

I agree  100% with you on that.

Also Barry had a good point about the controllers. The Dreamcast collection Sonic Adventure for the Xbox is hard to control with the 360 controller, I went back and popped in my Dreamcast copy.  The analog stick is wayyy better on the DC. Same goes for Crazy Taxi
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 05:18:32 am »
I love the Dreamcast as much as the next guy, but the analog stick is pretty lousy and slipery.. The original Xbox's Duke has the best stick
SEG4GES

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2011, 12:11:36 pm »
I'd rather see Sega break from Sammy and get purchased by Microsoft.  Like all the rumors back in the day. Then there's a definitive Sega system, and loads of money to spend on R&D.

...Yeah obviously I only care about getting Shenmue III anymore but whatever.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 12:46:43 pm »
Quote from: "Mengels7"
I'd rather see Sega break from Sammy and get purchased by Microsoft.  Like all the rumors back in the day. Then there's a definitive Sega system, and loads of money to spend on R&D.

...Yeah obviously I only care about getting Shenmue III anymore but whatever.

Meh no thanks, I actually have nothing against Sammy, they rake in some big cash and I'm not a fan of Microsoft.
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 12:56:50 pm »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
Quote from: "segaboy09"
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
Ehhhhhh.... like a real campaign?

Pass. It'll never happen.

Better to enjoy retro Dreamcast gaming via playing old games you never got a chance to and buying new indie releases. Also, enjoy new SEGA games regardless of the console. That's the way to roll.

It will never happen with people like you not believing in it. Besides its gonna be a fun experience either way. I roll the same way but prefer to stand up and show my convection.

See, it's this kind of thinking that pisses me off. "It will never happen with people like you not believing in it." Bullshit. Simply, it will never happen. My "not believing" or "believing" is irrelevant. I don't believe because SEGA has said they have no intentions, and their business is now set up in a way that it cannot happen. We will never see a Dreamcast 2. The original Dreamcast is 13 years old and SEGA is a very different company compared to 2001. Getting back into the hardware biz would require a major overhaul of their departments and business heirarchy.

Even if SEGA did release a new console, however unlikely with the current SEGA, it would not be a "Dreamcast 2". It would have a brand new name and identity to compete with Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. Take a look at Master System, Mega Drive, Saturn and Dreamcast. Not one was a "2". The best chance SEGA has is to wait until games go completely streaming. Then, either partner with a company and release a  set top box an controllers, then feature a digital distribution channel. That way, they would have a third party create the hardware, and SEGA wouldn't have to press discs or create packaging.

Though that direction is even doubtful, as that is essentially XBLA and PSN right now, and Sony and MS have that all set up for SEGA already.

Personally, I'd like to see SEGA team up with a controller company and give us some official wireless pads. I'd also like to see PSN and XBLA give a little more identity to publishers downloadable games. Booting up a SEGA Channel within XBLA that lists only SEGA content, providing news, trailers and video features would be the next best thing and is completely possible for the current SEGA. Using a SEGA branded controller would make it even sweeter, and again that is completely possible.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Please don't label me as the pessimistic nonbeliever. I simply am thinking logically. I think buying SEGA games and supporting the company is the best thing a fan can do right now.

Quite simply... A brilliant, spot on  post
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2011, 04:11:00 pm »
I am not going to get into this discussion.

I'll just say this:

There is a gaint hole in the consumer games these days, sure we have the occasional Street Fighter and Tekken, but for the most part Arcades are seperate from consoles.

The Dreamcast had over a hundred arcade games in it's line up of 248 US games even the last official games for the Dreamcast were all naomi ports and recent indie games like Pink Bullets and Fast Striker are Arcade Neo-Geo ports and you don't have that in the crappy modern consoles of today.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2011, 04:44:10 pm »
That is because they usually put them on download services, like XBLA.

And the arcade industry is on life support, even in Japan it is not doing too good at all.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2011, 08:15:10 pm »
Barry said it better than most of us could have, but we don't want to see SEGA go out of business, and it's never going to happen, no matter what any of us say.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 02:59:45 am »
Quote from: "cube_b3"
The Dreamcast had over a hundred arcade games in it's line up of 248 US games even the last official games for the Dreamcast were all naomi ports and recent indie games like Pink Bullets and Fast Striker are Arcade Neo-Geo ports and you don't have that in the crappy modern consoles of today.

Every SNK game ever is going to PSN with online play, and XBLA has KOF98UM, 2k2UM, Fatal Fury: MotW, SamSho 2, Fatal Fury etc etc.

As for Indie games, there's far too many to even bother making a list to prove you wrong.

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2011, 08:40:48 am »
You know I am not in to the whole digital download thing so you may have a point.

But as far as I know Border Break, Virtua Fighter Final Showdown and several other SEGA games are not available outside the arcades. I could list maybe 15 titles by SEGA alone.

Your XBLA examples are mainly Dreamcast ports but I do believe more recent SNK games are on XBLA (don't know for sure) also the indie games I stated were Arcade indie games.

You'd find more arcade ports on the Wii then on another digital service (again not in touch with digital downloads but that's what I have observed several naomi ports that were scheduled for Dreamcast moved to the Wii and not XBLA).

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2011, 07:08:42 pm »
Quote from: "segaboy09"
Quote from: "Emmett The Crab"
That kind of wishful thinking can give you brain damage.

More like your lack of thinking will decay your brain, I prefer to remain optimistic thanks for the support.

Anything can happen with enough people backing it up.

It's funny you think I have a lack of thinking.  Anyone who knows the bare basics about SEGA knows they had good reason to get out of the console market, and the competition has not gone away.  I love all the SEGA consoles (Saturn the most) and have owned every console of theirs since the 80's (those produced in the US).  I doubt you could say the same.  

This is a really old debate that was given up a long time ago because SEGA is not a hardware company anymore.

So are you going to give SEGA financial backing, or are you just talking a petition?  A petition is not backing, it's annoying.  I could get a lot of people to sign a petition for Apple to design and Manufacture a car, but that doesn't mean they will do it.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2011, 08:03:28 pm »
Say one of us wins EuroMillions. Who here would buy a chunk of Sega? I'm dead serious on this, there have been awarded jackpots of over 100 million euros (140+ million USdollars)
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2011, 08:48:38 pm »
If I won millions, I would fund Shenmue 3. Imagine the hero status that would bring!

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2011, 07:50:04 am »
In all honesty, if I were a filthy rich millionaire, I would fund Shenmue III as well. And then tell Yu Suzuki to keep the change and make whatever else he wanted.

Two months later I would be bankrupt and homeless, but it would so be worth it.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2011, 07:53:31 am »
I doubt you'd be homeless. Imagine how many dorks would take you into their homes for your service!

You can live with us. I'll let you play my copy of Shenmue 3.