Author Topic: Who is the most Useless!!!!  (Read 5070 times)

Offline JohnOfRage

• Total Meseta: 2
  • "Bare Knuckle"
Who is the most Useless!!!!
« on: April 26, 2012, 12:26:43 pm »
Out of all of Sonic's friends who do you think is the most uesless friend?

Offline stevetheman90

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Welcome to the 'Fantasy Zone'! Get Ready!
Re: Who is the most Useless!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 01:48:35 pm »
Charmy

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 01:58:21 pm »
Useless... hmm, so a friend who has done the least within the Sonicverse? Well, to be fair to Charmy, he delivered the walkie-talkie that lead to Chaotix freeing Eggman from jail. Metal had a far more evil plan than Eggman, so it was probably good that Eggman was freed.

I'm gonna say Cream the Rabbit. Her first game she was kidnapped, in Heroes she went off looking for Cheese's brother. As the Sonic wiki states: "Chocola is often regarded as a filler character for Sonic Heroes, created only to act as an appropriate motive for Cream without requiring a separation between her and Cheese, as Cream relies heavily on Cheese to battle and survive."

So Cream's whole mission was filler. Big's mission was more important than Cream's ever was. Cream has never been a helpful character, she always gets kidnapped or looks for useless shit. Thus, she is USELESS.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 04:09:33 pm »
Depends on the how the Sonic game's plot is set up.

If you look at Sonic '06, for example, Sonic the Hedgehog's part in the game's plot is at worst, circumstantial.

Knuckles just happens to come across the Hero Side in Sonic Adventure 2, for example.

Amy Rose serves as the professional hostage and fangirl.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 10:37:13 am »
Probably Big the Cat.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 11:09:20 am »
Cream the rabitch

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 07:44:47 am »
Probably Big the Cat.

Big was actually pretty important to the plot of SA1. Same with Heroes. Well, it was more Froggy, but Froggy is basically Big's pet.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 02:53:15 pm »
Big was actually pretty important to the plot of SA1. Same with Heroes. Well, it was more Froggy, but Froggy is basically Big's pet.
Mostly that Big himself wasn't very useful.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 09:43:55 pm »
Their all useless after the introduction of Knuckles. Think about it, they are all the same character, new shades. Shadow is what knuckles was in the early 90's.

Though the most useless cameos has to be Sonic Rush. Knuckles literally for no reason breaks a structure just because he is mad. Wow, relax knuckle head! Not to mention the creepy scene with Cream inviting strangers to her house. How old is she 6? She doesn't watch Dateline?

Now this is just a rant of writing in Sonic games...

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 06:10:46 am »
Cream the rabitch

And the winner of best post in this topic goes too... CrazyTaxi- I mean Tails!

Their all useless after the introduction of Knuckles. Think about it, they are all the same character, new shades. Shadow is what knuckles was in the early 90's.

And George is completely right! Main hero, sidekick, love interest, friendly rival, evil rival and main villain were all covered after 1994. The series does not need additional characters since they have all been exactly the same!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 07:44:44 am »
^ Which is one reason I like Sonic 4. Placing it after 3 but before Adventure means only that perfect core cast will feature in the game.

Offline stevetheman90

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Welcome to the 'Fantasy Zone'! Get Ready!
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 10:54:02 am »
Don't for get the flickies from 3-D blast, they suck.

Offline SEGA RedWolf

• Total Meseta: 2
  • SEGA Born
    • Wolfpackcomms Stream
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 10:43:00 am »
I'd have to say every character in the Sonic verse has a purpose. Yes, even Cream has her moments. Anyone remember the handheld GBA Sonic games? She was the one that taught Emerl empathy in Sonic Battle so he wouldn't be a mindless killer.

She also has potentially the strongest robot Gmerl (Forget how you spell its name) as a friend at the end of Sonic Advance 3. Though, they haven't done anything with her recently I don't think it's fair to call her completely useless. After all, she is only six years old.

I think after the events of Sonic 06 Silver is now completely useless and is only being inserted as fan service at this point. Even Shadow seems to have more to do plotwise than that guy.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 11:14:32 am »
True, Silver lost his purpose since '06. He really is just a one off character that is now around because he has his share of fans. He's from the future, and he returned to the future at the end of '06, right? So why is he still around?

Same goes for Shadow. He turned from a "what am I?" rival (SA2) to a "who am I?" rival (Heroes/Shadow) to a James Bond sort of agent for G.U.N. ('06). Since '06 he doesn't really have a purpose. Maybe he could be roped into future games as a government agent, but the current games don't really follow that sort of path. Sure G.U.N. exists in Unleashed, Colors and Generations but it's not mentioned anymore nor is it central to any plots.

At least Knuckles still has purpose. He protects the Master Emerald, and given how central emeralds are to the games even now, Knuckles always has a relevant place and purpose. I just assume he can leave the island more often due to increased security or tasking the Chaotix with protecting the emerald.

Metal Sonic is simple, he always has a purpose. He hates Sonic. Easy.   

Offline kozmo

• Total Meseta: 0
  • The key to victory on this cool course is patience
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2012, 04:40:23 pm »
So I take it you've all expunged Chris Thorndyke from your memories.

Not that i'd blame you.