Author Topic: Shining Force: Poverty Fighting Game trailer  (Read 3512 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Shining Force: Poverty Fighting Game trailer
« on: May 12, 2014, 01:43:38 pm »

Yup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbGSphMEIrA

To be fair, I think that the game actually looks kinda nice, in terms of animation and the sprites at least. I hate the special effects for flames and hit effects. Oh and the fact that this is somehow related to the Shining series.

Wonder if it'll ever get a console release?

EDIT: How do I embed? I swear, I leave the forum for 6 months and everything changes.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
Re: Shining Force: Poverty Fighting Game trailer
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 11:15:08 am »
Why is it poverty stricken?

Those graphics are pretty up to date, with standards, of a fighter, even for today. I just do  not like the bland look, of the animate graphics without definitions. Like take "Inuyasha Fighters", for example. However this must be the "new direction", things are going now. Isn't their a topic on this already?

It looks like something for new SEGA fans, you know the ones who never owned or grewed up with an Mark III, in their homes. If I was a Shining Force person, ( but I am a Golden Sun person ), I would be pretty unhapy about this right now.

It looks like Shining Force, doing East Asia, or current day worlds. Current trends, or whatever. To older people, the new material being marketed looks aliens, but for younger people, they just accept it, because that is what they know, right now. You have people who could grow up, and barely know anything and make 100K a month.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 01:32:58 pm »
Why is it poverty stricken?
It's a fighting game community term. Basically any fighting game that has a very low playerbase. Usually also for ones that are really cheaply made, and/or depend on selling the game with buxom ladies in skimpy outfits or loli girls rather than gameplay.

See: Melty Blood, Chaos Code et. al.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 07:15:19 pm »
They are only loli, if you believe,

you have to understand, that games have since evolved, then. So like any genre, we have people who are into it, while people who are over thinking. I know what you mean, like you or I have seen it too much, or it just does not belong, or where is the logic?

Also those games you mention, look like they got a lot of work put into them. Melty blood especially, but the other game has some nice rad backgrounds, filled with animations.

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 10:25:21 pm »
For the purposes of the term just stick with "generally" low player base, or usually a game not from a major japanese pub/dev. So in this case there are some parallels to other "poverty" fighting games. It's just a tongue-in-cheek fgc term. Though I think it's arguable it's no accident that they feature certain character design tropes or looks or what have you
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!