Author Topic: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.  (Read 239030 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.
« Reply #225 on: June 26, 2016, 11:29:29 pm »
Mostly complaining. All I will say is wait till July 22nd when ALL the information is revealed. I think a lot of Sonic fans will be pleased after they get all the news and not just a very tiny bit of it.

Offline Clint Forrester

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #226 on: June 30, 2016, 12:09:01 am »
I hope that the 2017 release year doesn't mean it'll be an NX exclusive. I don't want to buy another Nintendo console after the Wii U.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #227 on: June 30, 2016, 12:44:59 am »
I can't see them doing that again. They would be crazy.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #228 on: June 30, 2016, 12:56:16 am »
just to alleviate any worries people are having...

We have seen a decline in the kids market on console. Has that had an impact on Sonic at all?

Gerscovich: We are constantly monitoring all platforms and making sure we are where the audience is. One thing to keep in mind is that we have an older audience, a lot of core and retro gamers, and we have a kids audience as well. They both have different habits and different ways of playing. So we need to make sure we are on as many platforms as possible for both audiences, and you will see that as Sonic evolves.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/sega-we-are-turning-sonic-into-an-entertainment-icon/0169099

now you can enjoy the anniversary, and ignore anyone who is acting like Sonic is a Nintendo IP

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #229 on: June 30, 2016, 02:09:43 am »
just to alleviate any worries people are having...

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/sega-we-are-turning-sonic-into-an-entertainment-icon/0169099

now you can enjoy the anniversary, and ignore anyone who is acting like Sonic is a Nintendo IP

Good find.
I could see it as one of NX' launch title though (just like Sonic Adventure 2: Battle for Game Cube (PAL) and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed for WiiU) and what if the delayed of Sonic into 2017 was because Nintendo asked SEGA to? To make it as one of their launch title?

NX' launch title? Yes.
NX' Exclusive? No.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #230 on: June 30, 2016, 04:02:52 am »
Nothing wrong with it being on NX, as long as its not exclusive. Nintendo fans love Sonic, im ok with that.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #231 on: June 30, 2016, 07:02:35 am »
Nothing wrong with it being on NX, as long as its not exclusive. Nintendo fans love Sonic, im ok with that.

Agreed no issues with that. I think it be multi platform and it needs to be . Hoping its going to look stunning onthe One, PS4 and PC . This could be really BIG for SEGA and the Sonic Team 
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #232 on: June 30, 2016, 08:10:58 pm »
So there is a a SA3 fan group on facebook, and they got an interview with Aaron Webber, most of the questions they asked him were his opinion on controversial things but i found this bit interesting:

SA3: On the topic of the new game coming, the way things are moving right now...
It seems the big lesson you learned from the past is to take more time with releasing the games. Are there other more specific things Sega learned from the past 5 years that we'll see improvement in for the future?

AW: There's a lot of stuff, but I think that's stuff we'll talk about later. So there's really nothing I can give you now. But I'm pretty proud of where the company is going and the effort they're putting on Sonic and the fact they delayed Sonic Boom Fire and Ice.

Everyone's so proud of the delay that we're expecting it to be a bulletpoint on the back of the box by this point.

AW: That's a great step. It's so rare you hear of a game getting delayed to give it more time to be polished.
That kind of stuff, the lack of time, is what creates these moments from our history that we look back on and go "Oh, there's that moment. We try not to speak of that moment." So I think it's great they've already taken that first step, speaking as a fan. You know, and having seen the things that I've seen, I'm really excited for what comes next.
And that'll come to light soon.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/sonic-adventure-3/a-talk-with-sonic-twitters-aaron-webber/1013905661992140

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #233 on: June 30, 2016, 10:02:50 pm »
Some are saying this is just PR speak, but I don't buy it. Aaron is one of those rare instances of a discerning fan in a position at a company. He is not the one to bullshit. Past SEGA staffers have, I won't name names but we have seen Rise of Lyric and Sonic 4 Episode 1 fed to us with PR bullshit. Aaron though? If he has seen it and played it and is excited then I am pleased.

I should also note that Sonic Retro alum and former SEGAbits writer (well, two articles) Gene is now a SEGA intern. He can say even less than Aaron, but I know he is positive - and this is the guy who destroyed a copy of Rise of Lyric on Twitter.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #234 on: July 01, 2016, 04:17:45 am »
Some are saying this is just PR speak, but I don't buy it. Aaron is one of those rare instances of a discerning fan in a position at a company. He is not the one to bullshit. Past SEGA staffers have, I won't name names but we have seen Rise of Lyric and Sonic 4 Episode 1 fed to us with PR bullshit. Aaron though? If he has seen it and played it and is excited then I am pleased.

I used to know a few staff quite high up at Sega and they told me years back that the Sonic Team had some seriously good plans, nice tech and a real planned out strategy to make Quality games and in their view Sonic Team was the best In house team and would surprise many , was told Sonic Team were the only Team in SOJ to  truly 'get it'.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #235 on: July 01, 2016, 12:55:55 pm »
I used to know a few staff quite high up at Sega and they told me years back that the Sonic Team had some seriously good plans, nice tech and a real planned out strategy to make Quality games and in their view Sonic Team was the best In house team and would surprise many , was told Sonic Team were the only Team in SOJ to  truly 'get it'.

Was the fruit of that Sonic Colours and Generations? Because both of those games were great and I think they DID get it. But then lost it again with the Wii U game. Not that the Wii U game wasn't a quality game, it was polished and looked great but it didn't play like Sonic should.
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #236 on: July 02, 2016, 06:10:34 am »
Was the fruit of that Sonic Colours and Generations? Because both of those games were great and I think they DID get it.

It was at the start of Colors. Sonic Lost World was a really lovely game, but it just didn't feel like or play like a Sonic game . Sonic Team are a talented group, they don't deserve  the knocking they get . Along with the Yakuza studio they're the best inside SEGA Japan
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline FlareHabanero

• Total Meseta: 4
  • Resident of Puyo Hell
« Reply #237 on: July 03, 2016, 09:01:19 am »
The problem with Sonic Lost World is that there a lot of ideas, but no focus. It tried to be both complex and simple, soft and edgy, nostalgic and new, but nothing gels and as a result it comes off as an unappealing cacophony of ideas that feels like it tries too hard to appeal to too many people at once. The weird part is that staff were confident that the game was going to be the game that received critical acclaim, despite the fact the game is a mess.

Also, SEGA (or more specifically the people involved with development) should receive criticism just like anything else. You think products improve because everyone pretends everything is okay and people just blindly accept everything? No, to improve you need to understand what your mistakes are and how to fix it. It's a natural human instinct that applies to everything, and video game development is no exception.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 08:18:26 pm by FlareHabanero »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #238 on: July 04, 2016, 11:58:03 am »
I'm all for having issues with a Team when they mess up, but now its cool to knock Sonic just for the shake of it . Lost World was far from rubbish or terrible like some would make out and Sonic Colors and Gen were really really good games; Yet still Sonic and the get slagged off and its really unfair.

My major trouble with Lost World was the silly deal to lock it to one platform, it didn't really feel or play like a Sonic game  and also that is lost direction half way through, but it was far from terrible or dire .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #239 on: July 04, 2016, 07:59:29 pm »
Sonic Lost World is one of the most solid Sonic games Sonic Team has ever released... at least, in terms of the lack of bugs and glitches. Everything just works and I rarely had camera issues or encountered crazy glitches. Having said that, I agree that the game loses focus and that the controls are not the ideal direction to take Sonic. Honestly, if it weren't a Sonic game I think people would be giving it a lot more praise. But coming off of Generations, it does seem like a weird direction to take things.

Lost World actually feels more like something to Colors team would have made next, which I guess it kind of was. I think being a Wii U game they felt that they had to utilize the gamepad controller, which was a mistake. Triggers for running was unneeded and the wisps works horribly on the touch screen.

My thoughts have since changed from my initial review, but here it is if anybody is interested: http://segabits.com/blog/2013/11/15/review-sonic-lost-world-wii-u/