Author Topic: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.  (Read 239042 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.
« Reply #300 on: July 24, 2016, 10:50:31 pm »
I found it odd that a bulk of Marza's work on Generations never made it into the game (not even as a pre-title screen video) and a bulk of it was underutilized and chopped up, appearing in the occasional advert.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #301 on: July 24, 2016, 11:02:26 pm »
I found it odd that a bulk of Marza's work on Generations never made it into the game (not even as a pre-title screen video) and a bulk of it was underutilized and chopped up, appearing in the occasional advert.

That also creeped me out!  It left me thinking "Ok what ELSE did they animate that we maybe haven't seen?"

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #302 on: July 25, 2016, 03:25:51 am »
Were you at the ...? ... was awesome, th-e-e-e-e stream (hanks SEGA Europe). bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz SEGA Europe).
bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ab_uwX_YcE
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 06:29:35 am by crackdude »
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #303 on: July 25, 2016, 08:28:12 am »
No joking, I told a Totino's employee that I was Totino the pizza boy and an old school pizza freak and they totally gave me more Totino's.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #304 on: July 25, 2016, 10:26:04 am »
I have re-watched this almost as much as I have watched the trailers. This is a magical, magical moment for me in Sonic history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ_KLOclwSQ
Made by SEGA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #305 on: July 25, 2016, 11:16:53 am »
I totally forgot that they recorded the room shouting "SEGA" for a Sonic Mania title screen easter egg. I'd guess, you hold down a button or something to hear the alternate SEGA intro with a bunch of drunk sweaty fans shouting the company's name.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #306 on: July 25, 2016, 04:45:54 pm »
Watching that Crush 40 fail is difficult. I think Crush 40 worked well for the tone they were after back in the early 00, but it hasn't aged well at all. The nostalgia trip was pretty cool in Generations with the remixes too, but I think it's time to go back to the non vocal stuff.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #307 on: July 25, 2016, 04:50:32 pm »
It's so funny to see the stream reaction to the event, given the event itself was awesome. It's like... I and many others paid a fair chunk of change to fly out to the event and it was well worth it, meanwhile people who sat home and watched it for free and encountered streaming issues for the first hour and a half – while the trailers themselves posted in high quality on YouTube within moments of each reveal – they see fit to moan on about how shitty it was. Jim Sterling is the worst offender. The event in no way compared to whatever he plucked out of his ass (was it the Sony one?) as aside from a delay in getting the Mania trailer to play, everything went off without a hitch. It's like people want to form some narrative of how the event was a failure. So weird, but expected.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #308 on: July 25, 2016, 04:58:07 pm »
Jim is a shitlord with lame opinions.

Also, Crush40 didn't fail in the least. This was an event for fans. See non fans complain on YouTube is a waste of both our times, and only a complete moron (like Jim Sterling) would do so.

As a fan I loved every bit of it, even if the stream was hilariously maintained. It was a fun event, with great content, and most importantly people had a lot of fun, which is what the Sonic and Sega communities are all about.

I don't want to be Sony or whatever. I want this. Exactly this.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 05:00:10 pm by crackdude »
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #309 on: July 25, 2016, 05:27:57 pm »
It's so funny to see the stream reaction to the event, given the event itself was awesome. It's like... I and many others paid a fair chunk of change to fly out to the event and it was well worth it, meanwhile people who sat home and watched it for free and encountered streaming issues for the first hour and a half – while the trailers themselves posted in high quality on YouTube within moments of each reveal – they see fit to moan on about how shitty it was. Jim Sterling is the worst offender. The event in no way compared to whatever he plucked out of his ass (was it the Sony one?) as aside from a delay in getting the Mania trailer to play, everything went off without a hitch. It's like people want to form some narrative of how the event was a failure. So weird, but expected.

It's become a thing now to bash Sonic sadly. Granted, SEGA haven't helped with 06, Boom etc, but because of said titles, they're easy pickings for the poor critics this industry is plagued with sadly.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #310 on: July 25, 2016, 07:29:26 pm »
From an interview in 2012, maybe what we can expect from this game graphically

But what will the extra horsepower mean for Sonic?

"I don't think Sonic will ever become photo-real," Iizuka said. "I think Sonic will always remain stylised and will have that bright, colourful world. What the high hardware spec will allow us to do is make that more convincing.

"For example, for Sonic Generations, in the Hedgehog Engine, we used Global Illumination - GI technology - for the lighting system. But increasing the hardware spec will allow us to have real-time lighting calculations, so dynamically changing lighting happening. That's just one example of where the hardware is limiting us in doing what we really could do. So by having higher end hardware spec, we'll be able to do, for example, the real-time lighting calculations. That will give more presence to Sonic.

"We're not after realism. We're after making it more convincing. So we're still going for that stylised, bright and colourful Sonic look. We're not going for photo-real."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-14-takashi-iizuka-outlines-vision-for-sonic-on-ps4-next-xbox

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #311 on: July 25, 2016, 07:49:42 pm »
Jim is a shitlord with lame opinions.

Jim is by far the most tell it like it is guy in the industry... I don't always agree with him, but 90% of the time he is totally on the money. And he's a pretty funny guy too.
Made by SEGA

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #312 on: July 26, 2016, 01:46:34 am »
I would absolutely destroy him in a real life conversation.
SEG4GES

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #313 on: July 26, 2016, 02:19:13 am »
It's become a thing now to bash Sonic sadly. Granted, SEGA haven't helped with 06, Boom etc, but because of said titles, they're easy pickings for the poor critics this industry is plagued with sadly.

That's sadly a internet fad and that's why it becomes sort of cool and where its nice to be part of a gang knocking certain games; sadly its seems to be fair game to knock 7 bells out of Sonic, Call of Duty and Resident Evil and well anything from EA or Ubisoft these days ...

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #314 on: July 26, 2016, 02:28:57 am »
It's so funny to see the stream reaction to the event, given the event itself was awesome. It's like... I and many others paid a fair chunk of change to fly out to the event and it was well worth it, meanwhile people who sat home and watched it for free and encountered streaming issues for the first hour and a half

Being at event in person is totally different... Every E3 show for  the last 3 years or so to me Nintendo E3 shows as been a total car crash, but those who were there all seem to have loved it . I guess when you're there in person and get to see some of the staff for real , its different to how it comes across on TV - where the its games you care about and not the sort of extra's and good stuff you can only get if you're at a event in person

I myself , despite having to be up and in work by 07.00 AM Saturday morning for a 12 and half hour shift,  got up early before 1Am Saturday  to stream the event over Twitch on my X Box One with less than 3  hours sleep . For that effort,  all  I saw was presenters missing their cue's  endless and constantly overlooking their shoulders  not seemingly  knowing what quite what happening next or when to pass over to the next link .
I also thought the stage Q&E with the Sonic Team to be a waste of time and despite being told to stay until the end of the show for something special.. all we got was a announcement and not even a gameplay section of Project Sonic (which really what we should have even if it was just 5 to 10 sec's worth.

I'm not knocking the games or the team, but the way it was presented and played out as show for viewers  and the crushing disappointment of no gameplay being shown
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 02:31:28 am by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure