Author Topic: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.  (Read 239121 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.
« Reply #315 on: July 26, 2016, 06:29:33 am »
I would absolutely destroy him in a real life conversation.

Okay.
Made by SEGA

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #316 on: July 26, 2016, 07:07:46 am »
No simpathy for those who lack humility, even more so when they criticize talented peoples work
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #317 on: July 26, 2016, 12:01:27 pm »
For those wondering who Stealth is, I highly suggest listening to our interview with him discussing the Sonic remasters:

https://youtu.be/S26_mL8U8bg
This was a great listen. Thanks for posting it

Offline Sharky

« Reply #318 on: July 26, 2016, 01:08:08 pm »
No simpathy for those who lack humility, even more so when they criticize talented peoples work

That's called a critic.
Made by SEGA

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #319 on: July 26, 2016, 01:15:37 pm »
That's called a critic.
There are a whole lot of critics that aren't douchebags.
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #320 on: July 26, 2016, 01:28:31 pm »
This was a great listen. Thanks for posting it

Thanks! I really need to relisten with what we know now in mind. I'll try and get Taxman on for a show in the near future. Shouldn't be an issue due to our Retro connections.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #321 on: July 26, 2016, 01:40:25 pm »

Its depends on wherever or not its valid. If its just knocking a game or even for the shake of it , then I hate that too, but its its genuine issues then that's fair .

To me the event wasn't the best  and you can say I don't want to be SONY and all that, I just wanted SEGA and Sonic Team to put on a good show and given the Media age we live in  then its imporant to get the PR right . To me the best Sonic show SEGA put on was showing off Sonic Adv for the 1st time in Japan in 1998 for the Sonic Adv  presentation

Not only did we see the game in action, get some serious nice interviews with the staff, live music from the bad, videos of Sonic Team  1996 S.American research  trip form the game,  plenty of Sonic promotional stuff, look at the Sonic Team studio and staff, the staff making fun and having a laugh at them self's . Sonic Team even had everyone in attendance to shout out 'Sonic'  a number of times  so the team could record the actual  crowd chants to put inthe final game (when you become Super Sonic for the end boss battle in Sonic ADV)  That was class touch and typical of forward thinking of SEGA at the time.

That to me was far better and how you really pull off a Sonic event and that was back in 1998

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjQLvTwoyhA

https://youtu.be/GE_4HC6LVBU?t=4m59s
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 01:49:02 pm by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #322 on: July 26, 2016, 01:44:22 pm »
That would be pretty cool. He's very much a Sonic fan at heart and he knows his stuff.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #323 on: July 26, 2016, 01:53:23 pm »
TA, what if that event was streamed online and the stream was of subpar quality. Would that have lessened the impact?

Because as far as everyone that in fact was there, the event was excelent.

That's the point. If it wasn't the stream issues  some people would nitpick anything else.

Many people want everything Sega to fail, and are determined to put up a supercut before the event is even halfway through just to trashtalk it afterwards. Yes, I'm specifically talking about Jim Sterling.
Valid points don't justify being trash.
SEG4GES

Offline Sharky

« Reply #324 on: July 26, 2016, 02:08:47 pm »
I dont know why you're so upset about it... In general most of his videos are well throught out and generally really good. You don't have to agree with everything he says but he's usually right in most of his critisims including the ones of SEGA.
Made by SEGA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #325 on: July 26, 2016, 02:36:50 pm »
Stream had issues for the first hour and a half, after that it worked well. The issue was, there was "So Much More" to the event than a stage show, but the stream largely only showed the stage. This wasn't an E3 Press Conference, it was a fan event with a ton of stuff happening and the stage was just a piece of it. TBH, I think fans were lucky to get what they got with the stream, and it was good planning on SEGA's part to make the trailers live immediately.

Stream itself: hit-or-miss. Trailers and announcements: largely hits. Actual event: Tons of fun and one of SEGA's best Sonic events yet.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #326 on: July 26, 2016, 02:49:18 pm »
So here is the entire explanation of the stream issues: https://twitter.com/HunterBridges/status/758008405231403008

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #327 on: July 26, 2016, 03:16:38 pm »
TA, what if that event was streamed online and the stream was of subpar quality. Would that have lessened the impact?

Back in August 22nd  1998 , I was having to watch various videos of SEGA Sonic pretensions on a crappy 33.6 modem in god awful quick time format on the likes of game-online  and the Sonic Adv event  was still far better than what I saw was Saturday morning over Twitch and this is in the age of online steaming 1080p style over Fibre 

The whole Sonic ADv showing back on that day and the way we saw the Sonic Team was done and handled so much better and having Mr Segatan Sanshirio wipp the crowd into a frenzy and having them chat Sonic over 10 times to used inthe final game a touch of SEGA class . We got none of that with this show and not even anything to really see of the main game; that was crushing after having to sit through a event with bad links and so called presenters looking over their shoulders and seemingly not knowing quite what happing next or when to cut to the next link .
I was a bit peed off, considering I had less than 4 hours sleep and was having to go into work for a 12 and half Hr shift too ,it really made me think what the hell did I get up early for .  I'm not knocking the game or the team, just the way the show was handled and promoted.

If I was at any gaming show with people who shared the same love of a game or company as I do, then its a given I would have a good time,  regardless of what was shown off or the way it was shown on TV more so if I had stuff to take home and see some of the staff who's work I admire and love in person

« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 03:19:19 pm by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #328 on: July 26, 2016, 04:39:53 pm »
I dont know why you're so upset about it...
Because calling the event a "shitshow" for click-money makes me upset, as it should any Sega/Sonic fan. His Jimquisition is a shitshow, a shitshow this event was not.

Ok TA, I can agree with you. I did enjoy it regardless.
I wish Sega could have a strong E3 presence again someday.
SEG4GES

Offline Sharky

« Reply #329 on: July 26, 2016, 05:15:47 pm »
Because calling the event a "shitshow" for click-money makes me upset, as it should any Sega/Sonic fan. His Jimquisition is a shitshow, a shitshow this event was not.

Like I said, I don't agree with everything he says but his show isn't a shit-show at all. He's one of the most honest and well articulated critics of videogames at the moment. Swearing and being a gobshite is draws in the crowds but below that he's clearly very clever. Just watch some Jimquisitions that don't involve things that'll make you emotional and you'll see.
Made by SEGA