Author Topic: The Amazing 2012 Movie Discussion Rises: An Unexpected Journey  (Read 52586 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: The Amazing 2012 Movie Discussion Rises: An Unexpected Journey
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2012, 07:44:15 am »
The name is pretty lame. Yes, I get that John Carter is just a shortened version of "John Carter of Mars", but the full title is a LOT better than simply John Carter. Hell, you could create a legal thriller starring a lawyer named "John Carter". John Carter is not a very exciting title.

"Hey kids, wanna go see John Carter?!"
"... who?"

Looking up on Wikipedia, I'm seeing a lot of better titles from other books in the series:

The Gods of Mars
The Warlord of Mars
Swords of Mars

All of those are far better than simply "John Carter", at least in a movie title sense.

new MIB3 trailer, movie is looking really good! Loving the retro setting, the wheel bikes and time travel.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ7f3mYOY9Y[/youtube]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 08:50:36 am by Barry the Nomad »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2012, 12:10:00 pm »
Fuuuuuuck yeaaaaaahhhh

[youtube]http://youtu.be/g8evyE9TuYk[/youtube]

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2012, 07:54:54 am »
Now that's what I'm talking about!

Bane's audio seems to have been tweaked. Catwoman's suit doesn't look as silly as the still pictures make it seem. The movie's apparentely going to be 2 hours and 40 minutes long. We better brace ourselves for what appears to a massive trilogy finale.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2012, 08:52:34 am »
My guesses:

[spoiler]Bane breaks Batman's back, Batman is paralyzed but can still take the vehicles out. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is set to be Nightwing or a Batman Beyond sort of character. Catwoman is initially on Bane's side, she double crosses him and ends up being an enemy of Batman AND Bane.[/spoiler]

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2012, 01:44:51 pm »
Well

[spoiler]If whats his name is set up to be Nightwing, why did they miss his most important story? The whole parents dying which is why Batman felt bad for him, saw himself in him. He could be Jean-Paul Valley.. but it seems he is playing a some cop role and doesn't fit in the arc. Again it could be changed. Though it seems that Catwoman will probably have a 'I have to save batman role' from the trailer. [/spoiler]

Offline max_cady

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2012, 06:01:49 pm »
Based on how great the reaction was for The Avengers and how the Internet exploded when the new TDKR trailer was released... I got the impression that everybody has forgotten about The Amazing Spider Man...

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2012, 06:03:13 pm »
Based on how great the reaction was for The Avengers and how the Internet exploded when the new TDKR trailer was released... I got the impression that everybody has forgotten about The Amazing Spider Man...

Given the scope of the film (very small budget) and the fact that it's a reboot, I don't blame them. Really, I don't even think I'll see Spider-Man in theaters.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2012, 08:26:06 pm »
I'm curious to see how Amazing Spider-Man and The Dark Knight Rises will turn out.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2012, 05:40:00 pm »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc3Ab52uqM8[/youtube]

Never heard of this film until yesterday, now cannot wait. Gangster films set in the 1920s? Count me in every time!

Offline max_cady

« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2012, 06:51:49 pm »

F*** you Paramount! F*** YOU Paramount! F*** YOU PARAMOUNT!

At first, I thought this was a f***ing joke. But it's made rounds... GI Joe: Retaliation was going to get a Summer release this year on June 29th 2012, it's been pushed into March 23rd of 2013, because the execs decided to delay the movie at last minute in order to do a 3D conversion. The movie was suposse to be out in less than a month, with an insane amount of advertising, posters, interviews,etc.

"It is increasingly evident that 3D resonates with movie-goers globally and together with Paramount, we made the decision to bring fans an even more immersive entertainment experience," said Brian Goldner, Hasbro's President and CEO in an official statement.

Hasbro decided that they simply don't like money anymore.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2012, 09:32:25 pm »
People were looking forward to a GI Joe movie?

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2012, 11:35:02 pm »
Yeah, I didn't like the first one. So I'm alright.

This Japanese movie looks rather awesome:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7W1ZvH0_VA[/youtube]

Offline max_cady

« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2012, 05:00:53 am »
People were looking forward to a GI Joe movie?

I was, till news piece came along. For several reasons:
1- This was what the first movie should've been, much closer to the source material;
2- Dwayne Johnson is a great asset right now for many movie studios, even if you put him in a movie like Journey 2, which was expected to fail;
3- Snake Eyes, Dwayne and Bruce Willis in the same movie;

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2012, 05:13:38 am »
Yeah, I didn't like the first one. So I'm alright.

This Japanese movie looks rather awesome:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7W1ZvH0_VA[/youtube]

At first I was going to make a comment like Japan after the 70th Godzilla attack but that looks damn interesting. Shame it's low budget but the most original zombie idea I've seen for the longest time.

I was, till news piece came along. For several reasons:
1- This was what the first movie should've been, much closer to the source material;
2- Dwayne Johnson is a great asset right now for many movie studios, even if you put him in a movie like Journey 2, which was expected to fail;
3- Snake Eyes, Dwayne and Bruce Willis in the same movie;

Holy moly, I didn't realise Journey 2 did close to $400 mil! How does Johnson keep getting into films that should bomb yet some have appear to become financial successful?

Though fan of Johnson anyway, even if he might not be the best actor around.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2012, 08:34:36 am »

For someone who started as a professional wrestler, Dwayne has been the one exception to the rule as far as wrestlers-turned-actors go. Many just fizzle out after a few box-office bombs and suvrive through straight-to-DVD films (like Steve Austin), but he's been hanging in there and lately he's been very much a valuable asset.

Fast Five's box office success was credited due to his appearance and the face-off with Vin Diesel. Because of Journey 2's unexpected success, there was some excitment over GI Joe 2.
He's also starring in the next Fast & Furious, a new Michael Bay movie, and he's attached to a few other projects (Lobo, Ciudad,etc).