Author Topic: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Official Pre-Release Topic  (Read 218182 times)

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Official Pre-Release Topic
« Reply #405 on: July 30, 2012, 04:17:15 pm »
I'm going to keep plugging at it.  Following batfax's advice helped a ton.  It really does make the grinding pill easier to swallow if you're partying with others (especially those who need to complete the same client orders as you do!).  And if what you say is true, I'm super looking forward to time attack.  That said, no game should take 15hrs(probably more to get to 30) to get good. 

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #406 on: July 30, 2012, 07:18:13 pm »
Well it took me alot longer than 15 hours to get to level 30, but I just made the best of it really. I remember when I foudn out about client orders and the rewards they gave. It's a modern mechanic you find in most mmorpg's, but I think it works in PSO2. It was the language barrier what made it take so long for me to find out -_-.

But indeed partying with others boosts the experience, but that goes without saying perhaps. The contrast of fun between single and multiplayer in PSO1 was huge as well.

Offline ezodagrom

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #407 on: July 30, 2012, 07:20:11 pm »
I'm going to keep plugging at it.  Following batfax's advice helped a ton.  It really does make the grinding pill easier to swallow if you're partying with others (especially those who need to complete the same client orders as you do!).  And if what you say is true, I'm super looking forward to time attack.  That said, no game should take 15hrs(probably more to get to 30) to get good.
Oh, about time attack mode, you can access it before lvl 30, you just need someone who already unlocked that mode to be the party leader. It's weird how this mode has a quest with lvl 20 enemies and there's no way to unlock this mode before the tundra quests. :x

Offline ezodagrom

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #408 on: August 22, 2012, 07:47:23 pm »
It's been a while since my last post in this topic.

Trailer for next week's update, which will add 2 new story chapters and a new time attack mode quest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm1OaFRJkzI

Link with details about the update:
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-shop-staff-carnival-august-29th-2012/

And videos that I've been recording, these are from the forest quests in normal mode:
Subdue Za Oodan - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ced0JA__ctI
Subdue Fangulf - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r714pFrlcA
Dagan Extermination (Forest) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejaxlvab9qk
Nab Rappy Capture - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOQubyoHnNw
Forest Exploration - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLRkyiz321o

Also 2 videos from emergency quests, the 1st city quest and the recent forest quest:
Urban Recovery - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrR6xbD-nDI
Subdue Fang Banther - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nedxY9mbWLE

I've also uploaded a few caves videos, but I'm going to post them only when I have all of them uploaded, so they're all in the same post. ^^;
Most likely I'm only going to upload the next video on September 1st though, when I get my internet speed upgrade (my download speed is going to be upgraded from 10Mbps to 30Mbps, and my upload speed from 512Kbps to 2Mbps).

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #409 on: August 23, 2012, 12:50:19 am »
this might be a weird question ezo, but why feel the need to copy paste stuff from bumped?  I wouldn't be asking if you ever offered opinions on the content or the current state of things but you never do.  I'd much rather read your thoughts than parroted news updates.   Obviously you can do as you like but I was just curious.   

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #410 on: August 23, 2012, 08:27:34 am »
this might be a weird question ezo, but why feel the need to copy paste stuff from bumped?  I wouldn't be asking if you ever offered opinions on the content or the current state of things but you never do.  I'd much rather read your thoughts than parroted news updates.   Obviously you can do as you like but I was just curious.   

This is why we can't have nice things.

Not everyone visits Bumped and it's great to get an update on what's new in the world of PSO2. Carry on Ezo!
Made by SEGA

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #411 on: August 23, 2012, 12:24:45 pm »
JUST ASKING

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #412 on: August 23, 2012, 01:56:15 pm »
Unrelated to PSO2, but is Phantasy Star 0 for DS worth picking up?

Offline batfax

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #413 on: August 23, 2012, 02:50:09 pm »
I thought it was pretty fun. The only reason I stopped playing it a while back was because it relied too much on shoulder buttons and my first gen DS's died on me.

Offline ezodagrom

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #414 on: August 23, 2012, 02:53:50 pm »
I haven't quoted anything from bumped since June, lately I've only posted links to their latest news, since, like Sharky said, not everyone visits bumped regularly.

It's weird that you're asking about that now, since my last post only has a link with the details of the update from bumped, the rest is a link to the trailer from SEGA Japan official Phantasy Star youtube channel, and a bunch of links to videos I recorded myself. ._.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #415 on: August 23, 2012, 03:00:03 pm »
Unrelated to PSO2, but is Phantasy Star 0 for DS worth picking up?
It's better than PSO2.... nah kiddin

But seriously however, it's a great game, but indeed the DS limitations keep it from being as fun as PSO1 but believe me if I say, very close!! Personally I found it miles better than PSU as it draws alot more inspiration from PSO1. Keep in mind that the online mode is really limited if you don't team up via friendcodes. You won't be able to chat or draw anything to communicate, so if you're ever gonna pick it up, expect a very great story mode with a real story line and some great environments to visit. Also i'd say the music is actually really good
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 04:27:09 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #416 on: August 23, 2012, 08:43:11 pm »
It's better than PSO2.... nah kiddin

But seriously however, it's a great game, but indeed the DS limitations keep it from being as fun as PSO1 but believe me if I say, very close!! Personally I found it miles better than PSU as it draws alot more inspiration from PSO1. Keep in mind that the online mode is really limited if you don't team up via friendcodes. You won't be able to chat or draw anything to communicate, so if you're ever gonna pick it up, expect a very great story mode with a real story line and some great environments to visit. Also i'd say the music is actually really good

You know I'd say it is actually better than PSO2 (though pso2 is incomplete at this point so it's not fair to compare them).  It's a great game Barry, go for it.  Really charming lovable characters and great music make it a keeper.  Art direction is miles above PSO2's even if the combat is SUPER chunky. 

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #417 on: August 23, 2012, 08:46:31 pm »
I haven't quoted anything from bumped since June, lately I've only posted links to their latest news, since, like Sharky said, not everyone visits bumped regularly.

It's weird that you're asking about that now, since my last post only has a link with the details of the update from bumped, the rest is a link to the trailer from SEGA Japan official Phantasy Star youtube channel, and a bunch of links to videos I recorded myself. ._.

You still kind of post like a robot.  A few links here and there, videos you've uploaded but nothing to say about any of them.  Whatever I'll drop it, it's not important and I wasn't trying to offend anyone.  Bleh 

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #418 on: August 25, 2012, 10:06:49 am »
I did sort of mean it, but that would perhaps be a pretty bold statement. Yes Phantasy star 0 is really an excellent DS game, but it's not better than PSO2. I think it has more to do with expectations and standards to why we may feel that way. PSO2 being an HD PC game while Ps0 a DS game. As a DS game it's the best in it's genre out there, while PSO2 is standing next to other giants but also PSO1 itself. I still personally prefer PSO1 however.

I have stopped playing PSO2 for a while and I think I may just play it as a regular single player experience (basically go through every content once or several times untill the end game).

I personally do visit PSOW and bumped.org regularly, but if ezo hasn't placed it here yet, there is going to be a feedback survey. You should look out for it because personally I have alot of things to say.

In defense of ezo. I speak with him regularly on Steam and other message boards and I really like him for sharing news when it's out there, but so does he share his thoughts on the game alot with me and at PSOW. We get into discussions alot during every update, but also about it's current state. It only makes sense he doesn't do that at every single message board. SEGAbits should be happy with someone like him contributing the forums.

Offline ezodagrom

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #419 on: August 31, 2012, 08:46:07 am »
September 12th update will include:
- 3 new classes, Fighter, Gunner and Techer.
- 5 new weapon types, Twin Daggers, Double Sabers, Knuckles, Twin Machine Guns and Wands.
- Normal Mode for Frozen Tundra, Subterranean Tunnels and Floating Continent.
- Some high level quests will have their level requirements lowered.
and a few other things.

Trailer for the update:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4CcqHVrpOU

Link from Bumped with more details:
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-new-weapon-categories-and-new-classes-update-september-12th-2012/