Author Topic: Golden Axe - Official Thread  (Read 110070 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: Golden Axe - Official Thread
« Reply #300 on: June 04, 2023, 11:32:26 pm »
Golden Axe Fanart by Arne

Newified old random Tyris Flare + Chicken Leg sketch.
They make me think of the Protoceratops more than chickens or cockatrices though.

Source : https://twitter.com/AndroidArts/status/1180929691357765632

Offline Berto

« Reply #301 on: June 04, 2023, 11:34:10 pm »
After Sonic movie success, Sega says it could adapt other IPs for the big screen

Sega Sammy CEO Haruki Satomi and CFO Koichi Fukazawa were asked about the possibility of making non-Sonic movies during a Q&A session following the publication of the company’s full-year earnings in April.
“We would like to take on challenges outside of the Sonic IP should the opportunity arise. If we can match the timing of game launches to the release of movies, it would be extremely effective from a marketing perspective and there are also significant benefits, such as increasing awareness of our IP and increasing the number of touch points for customers, as we achieved with the Sonic movie.”
Sonic ...

Article : https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/after-sonic-movie-success-sega-says-it-could-adapt-other-ips-for-the-big-screen/

Offline Berto

« Reply #302 on: June 04, 2023, 11:36:32 pm »
If they can put Streets of Rage 1 and 2 onto the Game Gear I don't see why they couldn't import Golden Axe beat 'em up to it either.

But Ax Batter uses a lot of elements from Zelda II such as a top-down over-world map and side-scrolling for fights and dungeons. The exception being towns were also top-down.

It's different thing.
Streets of Rage 8-Bit were developed mainly for SEGA Master System.
Game Gear versions were just porting from that with some adjustment to make it playable in tiny screen.
Ax Battler on the other hand was developed directly to Game Gear.
They are also being developed a year after Ax Battler so I guess they finally know how to put beat em up on tiny screens and memories .

Okay, they could be ripping off some element to Zelda, but still they're not SEGA's answer to Zelda II.
Game Gear was never competing with NES afterall.

That su-u-ucks. Either they want a specific direction for Golden Axe in mind and want a studio to work on it or for some reason they want to keep it under the pile of IPs they're not using.

Since SEGA even didn't approve this concept back then ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQfaaYU6y1c

we really don't know what SEGA had in mind for Golden Axe.

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #303 on: June 05, 2023, 02:50:05 pm »
Golden Axe Fanart by Arne

Source : https://twitter.com/AndroidArts/status/1180929691357765632
They do look cuter with the tiny arms...
It's different thing.
Streets of Rage 8-Bit were developed mainly for SEGA Master System.
Game Gear versions were just porting from that with some adjustment to make it playable in tiny screen.
Ax Battler on the other hand was developed directly to Game Gear.
They are also being developed a year after Ax Battler so I guess they finally know how to put beat em up on tiny screens and memories .

Okay, they could be ripping off some element to Zelda, but still they're not SEGA's answer to Zelda II.
Game Gear was never competing with NES afterall.
But they did had Golden Axe for Master System.

Could they had not import that version to the Game Gear like they did with Streets of Rage?
Since SEGA even didn't approve this concept back then ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQfaaYU6y1c

we really don't know what SEGA had in mind for Golden Axe.
My only guess is that Sega has a rather "keep moving forward" mentality.

It's not entirely a bad thing but it can be more hassle and at times costly than it is.

For example, Sega may simply believe that BeastRiders failure means no one is interested in a new Golden Axe game. And what with Total War, Warhammer and their current IPs, they believe this is what todays audience want, that there's not enough fans to cater a Golden Axe game for.

If that is the case, it's a rather toxic way to do it. Why spend money licencing a new fantasy franchise when you got an old one with some roots? And the reason why not enough people are interested in a Golden Axe game is because Sega doesn't make games/provide fresh blood for the Golden Axe fandom.

It be like if Sega asks, "Who wants Sonic's third movie exclusively on videotape? What? No one? Well, if no one wants this Sonic movie will shall cancel the series."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 07:58:46 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #304 on: June 06, 2023, 01:42:58 am »
They do look cuter with the tiny arms...

They look harmless in the picture, and we know they aren't when we're playing Altered Beast.

But they did had Golden Axe for Master System.

Could they had not import that version to the Game Gear like they did with Streets of Rage?

No, not all Master System games could be easily converted to Game Gear for various reasons.
Even when using Master Gear Converter, some games are not fully compatible with the Master System Converter.
Golden Axe is playable, but there are still issues.

My only guess is that Sega has a rather "keep moving forward" mentality.

It's not entirely a bad thing but it can be more hassle and at times costly than it is.

For example, Sega may simply believe that BeastRiders failure means no one is interested in a new Golden Axe game. And what with Total War, Warhammer and their current IPs, they believe this is what todays audience want, that there's not enough fans to cater a Golden Axe game for.

If that is the case, it's a rather toxic way to do it. Why spend money licencing a new fantasy franchise when you got an old one with some roots? And the reason why not enough people are interested in a Golden Axe game is because Sega doesn't make games/provide fresh blood for the Golden Axe fandom.

It be like if Sega asks, "Who wants Sonic's third movie exclusively on videotape? What? No one? Well, if no one wants this Sonic movie will shall cancel the series."

To be fair, SEGA has already asked fans in a survey for what old franchise to be ressurected and they fulfil it and sadly the sale results weren't good.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #305 on: June 06, 2023, 10:44:44 am »
They look harmless in the picture, and we know they aren't when we're playing Altered Beast.
You think they're better with or without the tiny arms?

No, not all Master System games could be easily converted to Game Gear for various reasons.
Even when using Master Gear Converter, some games are not fully compatible with the Master System Converter.
Golden Axe is playable, but there are still issues.

If it had some issues, could they not be fixed?
To be fair, SEGA has already asked fans in a survey for what old franchise to be ressurected and they fulfil it and sadly the sale results weren't good.
Well, again, this is likely because of a cycle of "lack of fans" = "lack of interest". If Sega doesn't keep an IP active and fresh, then the number of fans will likely dwindle over time. Then when they ask those few dozen fans if they want a Golden Axe game over the few thousand fans that want a new Total War game or something, then the numbers will obviously be lop-sided.

I know making quality games cost money, all I would be suggesting for Sega would be to choose a team they can trust with the project, give 'em a substantial budget and if they poop out another bad game then just leave it a few years until opportunity knocks.

I mean, I dunno how successful the sales of Streets of Rage 4, Alex Kidd DX or Panzer Dragoon Remake or any of the other Sega Renaissance games were, they generated some buzz, but given Sega commissioned/permit the development of games with a substantial budget it proves that they are the heroes Sega deserves but not the ones it needs.

As for me, all I can do is take my time with my own Golden Axe fan game. I'm still working on Tarin's model.

I have rough envision how the land of Yuria it looks in my head as well as character designs (Think Fire and Ice with Frank Frazetta artwork) but I'm literaly figuring out how to do this from scratch as I go along.

Offline Berto

« Reply #306 on: June 07, 2023, 12:59:49 am »
You think they're better with or without the tiny arms?

Depended on the art direction.
If they aim for cute looks, keep them, but if they aim for scary looks, lose them.

If it had some issues, could they not be fixed?

Because the port wasn't that good to begin with, especially with only one playable character and lack of multiplayer.
Might have to make a new one instead (which supposed to be better but ...).

Well, again, this is likely because of a cycle of "lack of fans" = "lack of interest". If Sega doesn't keep an IP active and fresh, then the number of fans will likely dwindle over time. Then when they ask those few dozen fans if they want a Golden Axe game over the few thousand fans that want a new Total War game or something, then the numbers will obviously be lop-sided.

I know making quality games cost money, all I would be suggesting for Sega would be to choose a team they can trust with the project, give 'em a substantial budget and if they poop out another bad game then just leave it a few years until opportunity knocks.

I mean, I dunno how successful the sales of Streets of Rage 4, Alex Kidd DX or Panzer Dragoon Remake or any of the other Sega Renaissance games were, they generated some buzz, but given Sega commissioned/permit the development of games with a substantial budget it proves that they are the heroes Sega deserves but not the ones it needs.

As for me, all I can do is take my time with my own Golden Axe fan game. I'm still working on Tarin's model.

I have rough envision how the land of Yuria it looks in my head as well as character designs (Think Fire and Ice with Frank Frazetta artwork) but I'm literaly figuring out how to do this from scratch as I go along.

Nice, and it's a 3D game, I assume?
Keep me informed for the progress.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #307 on: June 07, 2023, 02:25:59 pm »
Depended on the art direction.
If they aim for cute looks, keep them, but if they aim for scary looks, lose them.
I may include the arms in my take of them. I haven't decided yet.
Because the port wasn't that good to begin with, especially with only one playable character and lack of multiplayer.
Might have to make a new one instead (which supposed to be better but ...).
I mean, they could of modified Game Gear Streets of Rage for it or something.
Nice, and it's a 3D game, I assume?
Keep me informed for the progress.
I will. but I won't make any promises over it's progress or completion.
A developer would probably begin with a pre-alpha of the game itself before making models but I really want to be able to make models for myself than just download free use or commission.

I do have an artistic vision as well as the story mostly being faithful to the original game, (I might expand on it for cutscenes and side quests)

The only thing I have not yet decide on is:
  • Which gameplay it will have. Will it be hack and slash or freeflow combat? As much as I would like it to be hack and slash, I also want it to feel a sense of physics and realism as freeflow combat has. (Minus Batman's farfetch' leaps towards enemies. Maybe something along the lines of Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor in gameplay.)
  • While magic pots to use powerful spells will still be a thing, I want to revise it if I can. Give each character a skill tree where they can unlock spells and attacks. I want to keep the concept of using potions to cast spells over magic gauges. (Magic pots serving having more of a story in over all lore).
  • If Tarin, Tyris and Gilius are playable characters, how will I distribute their playtime? Should I give them separate stories, or will it be you can switch between characters or something?
  • I've yet to decide if it will be an open-world game, or a set number of courses or "levels". I want the sequel "GoldEdge" to be open-world but if I did make my Golden Axe fan-remake an open-world do I simply re-use the map for GoldEdge, or how much changes to it?
Given I'm making this practically all by myself and at my own pace, I'm not going to make any promises over its completion. I mostly work on it whenever I'm in the mood or capable.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 07:36:45 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #308 on: June 08, 2023, 12:37:18 am »
I mean, they could of modified Game Gear Streets of Rage for it or something.

Yeah right, two years later, when Game Gear was already declining and started for the end of its life.
Kinda too late for that.

I will. but I won't make any promises over it's progress or completion.
A developer would probably begin with a pre-alpha of the game itself before making models but I really want to be able to make models for myself than just download free use or commission.

I do have an artistic vision as well as the story mostly being faithful to the original game, (I might expand on it for cutscenes and side quests)

The only thing I have not yet decide on is:
  • Which gameplay it will have. Will it be hack and slash or freeflow combat? As much as I would like it to be hack and slash, I also want it to feel a sense of physics and realism as freeflow combat has. (Minus Batman's farfetch' leaps towards enemies. Maybe something along the lines of Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor in gameplay.)
  • While magic pots to use powerful spells will still be a thing, I want to revise it if I can. Give each character a skill tree where they can unlock spells and attacks. I want to keep the concept of using potions to cast spells over magic gauges. (Magic pots serving having more of a story in over all lore).
  • If Tarin, Tyris and Gilius are playable characters, how will I distribute their playtime? Should I give them separate stories, or will it be you can switch between characters or something?
  • I've yet to decide if it will be an open-world game, or a set number of courses or "levels". I want the sequel "GoldEdge" to be open-world but if I did make my Golden Axe fan-remake an open-world do I simply re-use the map for GoldEdge, or how much changes to it?
Given I'm making this practically all by myself and at my own pace, I'm not going to make any promises over its completion. I mostly work on it whenever I'm in the mood or capable.

Yes, take your time, no pressure.

Also why are you calling Ax as Tarin? Not Tarik? Is he different character for your game or just a typo?

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #309 on: June 08, 2023, 10:56:07 am »
While I'll try to remain faithful to the original Golden Axe series content, there will be the changes I'll make to it.
Keep in mind, us of yet, some of it is undecided.

Golden Axe
It will be a full-3D adventure, how I envision it. The "style" of the game are inspired by these movies:
Conan the Barbarian
Fire and Ice

I would like to capture that primal yet beautiful world portrait in these movies and make something truly unique out of it for Yuria.
I want to avoid "traditional medieval fantasy" elements such as knights, castles and other Arthurian, Camelot and other Matter of Britain elements.

The story will remain faithful to the first Golden Axe game. Three heroes united to stop Death Adder. Given how simple and straight-forward this game was, the story maybe expanded upon, such as Tarik finding confidence in himself as the "Ax Battler" or perhaps Tyris discovering she was a princess along the way.
Gameplay
  • The game will still consist of a series of "stages". Being a 3D game, each stage will have different content and the options to replay stages for exploration will still be there.
  • For combat, I may go with freeflow combat inspired by Lord of the Rings: Shadow of Mordor with just a bit of Assassin's Creed combat sprinkled in there. I want the combat to feel fluid yet a sense of weight and realism. Enemies will be able to parry often than just approach you and take hits.
  • (Undecided) For health and restoration, I do not know if health will regenerate after brief rests outside of combat or if food that magically heals will return. Perhaps "magic apples" will be a thing or I introduce green magic pots.
  • Something similar to a stamina wheel maybe introduced, where such actions as charging towards enemies or taking hits while parrying will tire you. This is to prevent over use of ramming, evasion and turtling.
  • Tarik being Ground-type, Tyris being Fire-type and Gilius being Electric-type, will each derive their magic from a titan. Tyris' titan will be the Great Dragon. As for who Tarik and Gilius titan will be, I haven't decided yet.
  • While magic will still be present, I want to implement skill trees for each character, to allow them to unlock new combat skills and powerful spells. (Undecided) Perhaps "skill points" or "blood tributes" from killing enemies.
  • Other than the "Story", an additional "Duel" mode maybe playable, which is a 1v1 fighting mode. Defeating a boss in the main story may unlock them in Duel. (Duel Mode maybe the first thing I will work on to build combat gameplay around.)
Characters
  • Ax Battler will be renamed Tarik. The name "Ax Battler" would be regarded as destiny/chosen one title for him. Either that or the group themselves will be called the Ax Battler. The Ax Battler could be regarded a title for those who are chosen to wield the golden axe for good or must stand up against it.
  • I've yet to decide if the Axirian Sisterhood to be removed. Either Tyris was raised in an all-women tribe called the Amazons, or there are a number of Amazon tribes and that the Axir tribe and the Zuburoka tribes are rivals. Either way, athletic tribal women.
  • The Bad Brothers will still share a model but have distinct changes. Each brother will have their own style of moustaches and colours. One brother will wear red and the other brother will wear green. The brothers may also have Etruscan or archaic greek letters on their foreheads to further denote which brother.
  • Lt. Bitter will have new armour that makes him more distinct for the age. Perhaps armour inspired by Varangian Guards but older.
  • The "thieves" will be renamed bluecaps. Named after actual Anglo mythological goblins called redcaps. While English mythology does speak of bluecaps, they're different from redcaps. Bluecaps are capable of smelling potions and will steal them from storages belonging to temples or wizards or from weary travellers. As for other coloured goblins variants I do not know yet (though I imagine greencaps being goblin foragers).
  • (Undecided) I'm not sure what to do with Death Adders son. While I know he was an alternate boss to his father in some games easy mode, I've yet decide if he'll be in this game.
  • The giant eagle will be identified as a roc.
Lore
  • I've already written the creation story in mind earlier on this thread, though I may revise it. The first hero to wield the Golden Axe was bestowed the title "Ax Battler", a title that perhaps passed down from champion to champion.
  • The Kingdom of Firewood will be renamed "Fyrwüd" and pronounced exactly the same. Fyrwüd will be one of the few kingdoms that make up the land of Yuria. (I don't care if it is going too far from source material, I just find it silly to name a kingdom after kindling.)
  • The game will take place between the desolate kingdom of Fyrwüd while you travel towards Southwood Kingdom that's under seiged by Death Adder's forces.
  • The stages throughout the game maybe collectively called "Fiend's Pass", as in strongholds and routes occupied by Death Adder's military that our heroes must break through.
  • While perhaps never be brought up, the lore behind "Magic Pots" is that they contain a clear oil, similar to Abremelin oil. How the oil is manufactured is a mystery, but what is known is that it is highly potent in magic and that certain religions offer it in rituals as an alternative to blood sacrifices and regular offerings. While there are some born with a natural affinity to magic, wizards may still use it for rituals or enchantments. While Tarik, Tyris and Gillias are nether priests nor wizards, the use of potions as offerings for divine intervention is a common form of magic amongst the people of Yuria.
  • (Spoiler) [The final confrontation with the heroes against Death Adder will end with the heroes inadvertently destroying the Golden Axe. A shard likely piercing Adder's heart.]
GoldEdge
GoldEdge will be the direct sequel to my first Golden Axe game. The story in mind is there are nine magical weapons hidden throughout Yuria, each weapon made from a fragment of the Golden Axe. These weapons must be collected to restore the axe. While it does not carry the "Golden Axe" title, it still takes place roughly a few decades after the previous game. Elements from Warrior, III and Revenge will still be implemented into this game.

Gameplay
  • Instead of stages, it is now an open-world game, with various "Fiend Passes" as enemy strongholds and occupied routes across Yuria. The stages from the prequel will be "re-adapted" into the open-world map.
  • Yuria will consist of four kingdoms divided by an ocean, with Fyrwüd and the North Lands on one side and Southwood and East Lands on the other.
    • The Kingdom of Fyrwüd is still abundant in forests and still home to many villages. It neighbours the North Lands.
    • Southwood Kingdom is known for it's tropical climates and it's jungles that boarders the eastern kingdom. In the Urupagu Jungle is where the Amazon tribes live.
    • East Lands are hot, dry and desolate. Bleached titan bones skewn the deserts. While there is thriving settlements here, there is still threats of bogeymen from the wastelands.
    • North Lands are blanketed in snow, with dwarves living deep in the mountains and elves living in Crystal Haven.
  • Similar to early Zelda games, you have a fixed set of weapons and tools for a specific use. The Gold Edge Weapons do both, they have use in combat and for gaining access or using things around the world map.
  • Gold coins or "Horns" as they're called (given the depiction of Capricorn on the tail-side of the coin) are used to buy armour, supplies and weapon upgrades.
Characters
  • Instead of three playable characters, you play as one character who is customizable. This character comes from early-21st century Earth. While exploring an abandoned Sega arcade, they come across an original Golden Axe arcade machine with a mysterious gold token on the dash board. Given the machine was still powered and a gaming token ready for it, when the player attempted to play the game, a surge of magic isekai'd them to Yuria. After finding the Golden Edge sword, they are charged with collecting the other Golden Edge Weapons.
  • A race of demi-titans will be introduced, known as the giants. They were imprisoned deep below the earth for being a rebellious race during the titanomachy. Now they have broken free due to the divided power of the Golden Axe. Hellstriker wants to claim the Golden Edge Weapons in order to conquer Yuria in revenge for their imprisonment.
    • Damned Hellstrike, so called due to his long imprisonment within the Earth with his bretherin, aims to conquerer Yuria out of revenge for when the titans imprisoned the giants..
    • Proud Cragger was the ruler of the giants and brother of Hellstrike. With the recent release of the giants, he wishes for their kind to settle peacefully on Yuria with the smaller races. Opposing his brothers stride for tyany, Hellstrike "damned" him back into the earth along with other like-minded giants who opposed him.
    • Goah was one of Hellstrikes exiles who sided with his brother. He assisted Gillus along with the hero to stop Damned Hellstrike.
  • Neff, from Altered Beast, will cameo in this game as a servent of Damned Hellstrike. Called the "fleshweaver", he is capable of turning man into half-animals and creating other monsters.
  • Beastmen were people who underwent the altered beast ritual performed by Neff. Their minds turn wild and primal which Damned Hellstrike tamed. Not all beastmen lost their humanity or submitted to Hellstrike.
    • Minotauros was a former prince from the homelands Neff hailed from. While he still had free will, Neff keeps him in his place and he has given up hopes for freedom or his humanity.
    • Hell Lizards are beastmen who retain a degree of their humanity but still loyal to Hellstrike and embraced their reptilian transformation. With scales tough as armour, strength and agility to match, they takes pride in what he becomes.
    • Eve was the former ruler of the Eastern Kingdom before his changed in both body and mind. He now serves as general and airman to Hellstrike and leader of the beastmen.
    • Chronos Lait was the first beastman that rebelled against Neff and escaped to the misty swamps. Other free-willed beastmen sought refuge with him. However feared by "normal" people, his reputation is that of an evil prowling monster. Chronos used his "evil" reputation as means to scare off intruders and protect the beastmen.
  • (undecided) The Bogeymen are either a tribe of sub-humans from the East Lands, or they were once human children deemed too weak to serve Hellstirke's army and thus they were corrupted and mutated into soldiers by demon magic.
  • Beings resembling sub-humans and orcs may reside in the North and East Lands.
  • Dora and centaurs may not be included. Or if I do decide to include centaurs, she won't be able to transform her legs. (Pick a lane, Dora! Bad enough centaurs have confusing anatomy.)
  • (Undecided) I've yet decide if The Duel characters will be present in the game. Fyrwüd Kingdom will have a new established monarchy after Tyris Flair reclaimed her fathers throne.
  • (Spoilers) [As you collect Golden Edge Weapon a mysteirous benefactor guides you throughout your journey. He is later revealed to be Dark Guld, a sort of spirit that manifested in the golden axe after years of wicked use. He claims the axe rightfully belongs to them.]
Lore
  • The last game ends with the destruction of the Golden Axe. Its nine shards were taken across Yuria where they were melted down and forged into new weapons and artefacts. These weapons were called the Golden Edge Weapons.
    • Sword, standard default weapon. Other than being invulnerable, can serve as a "key" doors sealed by golden magic.
    • Hammer, slow attack, powerful damage. Can be used to break objects and surfaces with yellow cracks.
    • Tiger Claws, quick attack, less damage. Can be used to climb walls Knuckles the Echidna-style.
    • Sun Rod, a scepter that generates fire, light and shoots fireballs.
    • Chakram, a sharp ring that can be thrown like a boomerang TRON-style for range attacks and targets.
    • (unknown/pending)
    • (unknown/pending)
    • (unknown/pending)
    • Coin- Was lost to the other world and was mistaken for a Sega World token.
  • You get to learn about Yuria's backstory through murials that require a number of potions to activate.
  • Like in Beast Rider, scrolls can be found throughout Yuria that can provide context to the game.
  • Yeah right, two years later, when Game Gear was already declining and started for the end of its life.
    Kinda too late for that.
    I guess if te Game Gear was done then that's the reason for it.
    Yes, take your time, no pressure.
    Thanks. It's a big project in mind I know, but I want to at least make "something" before I kick the bucket.

Also why are you calling Ax as Tarin? Not Tarik? Is he different character for your game or just a typo?
I simply forgot his name ended with a K, that's all.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 02:44:03 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #310 on: June 08, 2023, 08:36:56 pm »
While I'll try to remain faithful to the original Golden Axe series content, there will be the changes I'll make to it.
Keep in mind, us of yet, some of it is undecided.

Golden Axe
It will be a full-3D adventure, how I envision it. The "style" of the game are inspired by these movies:
Conan the Barbarian
Fire and Ice

I would like to capture that primal yet beautiful world portrait in these movies and make something truly unique out of it for Yuria.
I want to avoid "traditional medieval fantasy" elements such as knights, castles and other Arthurian, Camelot and other Matter of Britain elements.

The story will remain faithful to the first Golden Axe game. Three heroes united to stop Death Adder. Given how simple and straight-forward this game was, the story maybe expanded upon, such as Tarik finding confidence in himself as the "Ax Battler" or perhaps Tyris discovering she was a princess along the way.
Gameplay
  • The game will still consist of a series of "stages". Being a 3D game, each stage will have different content and the options to replay stages for exploration will still be there.
  • For combat, I may go with freeflow combat inspired by Lord of the Rings: Shadow of Mordor with just a bit of Assassin's Creed combat sprinkled in there. I want the combat to feel fluid yet a sense of weight and realism. Enemies will be able to parry often than just approach you and take hits.
  • (Undecided) For health and restoration, I do not know if health will regenerate after brief rests outside of combat or if food that magically heals will return. Perhaps "magic apples" will be a thing or I introduce green magic pots.
  • Something similar to a stamina wheel maybe introduced, where such actions as charging towards enemies or taking hits while parrying will tire you. This is to prevent over use of ramming, evasion and turtling.
  • Tarik being Ground-type, Tyris being Fire-type and Gilius being Electric-type, will each derive their magic from a titan. Tyris' titan will be the Great Dragon. As for who Tarik and Gilius titan will be, I haven't decided yet.
  • While magic will still be present, I want to implement skill trees for each character, to allow them to unlock new combat skills and powerful spells. (Undecided) Perhaps "skill points" or "blood tributes" from killing enemies.
  • Other than the "Story", an additional "Duel" mode maybe playable, which is a 1v1 fighting mode. Defeating a boss in the main story may unlock them in Duel. (Duel Mode maybe the first thing I will work on to build combat gameplay around.)
Characters
  • Ax Battler will be renamed Tarik. The name "Ax Battler" would be regarded as destiny/chosen one title for him. Either that or the group themselves will be called the Ax Battler. The Ax Battler could be regarded a title for those who are chosen to wield the golden axe for good or must stand up against it.
  • I've yet to decide if the Axirian Sisterhood to be removed. Either Tyris was raised in an all-women tribe called the Amazons, or there are a number of Amazon tribes and that the Axir tribe and the Zuburoka tribes are rivals. Either way, athletic tribal women.
  • The Bad Brothers will still share a model but have distinct changes. Each brother will have their own style of moustaches and colours. One brother will wear red and the other brother will wear green. The brothers may also have Etruscan or archaic greek letters on their foreheads to further denote which brother.
  • Lt. Bitter will have new armour that makes him more distinct for the age. Perhaps armour inspired by Varangian Guards but older.
  • The "thieves" will be renamed bluecaps. Named after actual Anglo mythological goblins called redcaps. While English mythology does speak of bluecaps, they're different from redcaps. Bluecaps are capable of smelling potions and will steal them from storages belonging to temples or wizards or from weary travellers. As for other coloured goblins variants I do not know yet (though I imagine greencaps being goblin foragers).
  • (Undecided) I'm not sure what to do with Death Adders son. While I know he was an alternate boss to his father in some games easy mode, I've yet decide if he'll be in this game.
  • The giant eagle will be identified as a roc.
Lore
  • I've already written the creation story in mind earlier on this thread, though I may revise it. The first hero to wield the Golden Axe was bestowed the title "Ax Battler", a title that perhaps passed down from champion to champion.
  • The Kingdom of Firewood will be renamed "Fyrwüd" and pronounced exactly the same. Fyrwüd will be one of the few kingdoms that make up the land of Yuria. (I don't care if it is going too far from source material, I just find it silly to name a kingdom after kindling.)
  • The game will take place between the desolate kingdom of Fyrwüd while you travel towards Southwood Kingdom that's under seiged by Death Adder's forces.
  • The stages throughout the game maybe collectively called "Fiend's Pass", as in strongholds and routes occupied by Death Adder's military that our heroes must break through.
  • While perhaps never be brought up, the lore behind "Magic Pots" is that they contain a clear oil, similar to Abremelin oil. How the oil is manufactured is a mystery, but what is known is that it is highly potent in magic and that certain religions offer it in rituals as an alternative to blood sacrifices and regular offerings. While there are some born with a natural affinity to magic, wizards may still use it for rituals or enchantments. While Tarik, Tyris and Gillias are nether priests nor wizards, the use of potions as offerings for divine intervention is a common form of magic amongst the people of Yuria.
  • (Spoiler) [The final confrontation with the heroes against Death Adder will end with the heroes inadvertently destroying the Golden Axe. A shard likely piercing Adder's heart.]
GoldEdge
GoldEdge will be the direct sequel to my first Golden Axe game. The story in mind is there are nine magical weapons hidden throughout Yuria, each weapon made from a fragment of the Golden Axe. These weapons must be collected to restore the axe. While it does not carry the "Golden Axe" title, it still takes place roughly a few decades after the previous game. Elements from Warrior, III and Revenge will still be implemented into this game.

Gameplay
  • Instead of stages, it is now an open-world game, with various "Fiend Passes" as enemy strongholds and occupied routes across Yuria. The stages from the prequel will be "re-adapted" into the open-world map.
  • Yuria will consist of four kingdoms divided by an ocean, with Fyrwüd and the North Lands on one side and Southwood and East Lands on the other.
    • The Kingdom of Fyrwüd is still abundant in forests and still home to many villages. It neighbours the North Lands.
    • Southwood Kingdom is known for it's tropical climates and it's jungles that boarders the eastern kingdom. In the Urupagu Jungle is where the Amazon tribes live.
    • East Lands are hot, dry and desolate. Bleached titan bones skewn the deserts. While there is thriving settlements here, there is still threats of bogeymen from the wastelands.
    • North Lands are blanketed in snow, with dwarves living deep in the mountains and elves living in Crystal Haven.
  • Similar to early Zelda games, you have a fixed set of weapons and tools for a specific use. The Gold Edge Weapons do both, they have use in combat and for gaining access or using things around the world map.
  • Gold coins or "Horns" as they're called (given the depiction of Capricorn on the tail-side of the coin) are used to buy armour, supplies and weapon upgrades.
Characters
  • Instead of three playable characters, you play as one character who is customizable. This character comes from early-21st century Earth. While exploring an abandoned Sega arcade, they come across an original Golden Axe arcade machine with a mysterious gold token on the dash board. Given the machine was still powered and a gaming token ready for it, when the player attempted to play the game, a surge of magic isekai'd them to Yuria. After finding the Golden Edge sword, they are charged with collecting the other Golden Edge Weapons.
  • A race of demi-titans will be introduced, known as the giants. They were imprisoned deep below the earth for being a rebellious race during the titanomachy. Now they have broken free due to the divided power of the Golden Axe. Hellstriker wants to claim the Golden Edge Weapons in order to conquer Yuria in revenge for their imprisonment.
    • Damned Hellstrike, so called due to his long imprisonment within the Earth with his bretherin, aims to conquerer Yuria out of revenge for when the titans imprisoned the giants..
    • Proud Cragger was the ruler of the giants and brother of Hellstrike. With the recent release of the giants, he wishes for their kind to settle peacefully on Yuria with the smaller races. Opposing his brothers stride for tyany, Hellstrike "damned" him back into the earth along with other like-minded giants who opposed him.
    • Goah was one of Hellstrikes exiles who sided with his brother. He assisted Gillus along with the hero to stop Damned Hellstrike.
  • Neff, from Altered Beast, will cameo in this game as a servent of Damned Hellstrike. Called the "fleshweaver", he is capable of turning man into half-animals and creating other monsters.
  • Beastmen were people who underwent the altered beast ritual performed by Neff. Their minds turn wild and primal which Damned Hellstrike tamed. Not all beastmen lost their humanity or submitted to Hellstrike.
    • Minotauros was a former prince from the homelands Neff hailed from. While he still had free will, Neff keeps him in his place and he has given up hopes for freedom or his humanity.
    • Hell Lizards are beastmen who retain a degree of their humanity but still loyal to Hellstrike and embraced their reptilian transformation. With scales tough as armour, strength and agility to match, they takes pride in what he becomes.
    • Eve was the former ruler of the Eastern Kingdom before his changed in both body and mind. He now serves as general and airman to Hellstrike and leader of the beastmen.
    • Chronos Lait was the first beastman that rebelled against Neff and escaped to the misty swamps. Other free-willed beastmen sought refuge with him. However feared by "normal" people, his reputation is that of an evil prowling monster. Chronos used his "evil" reputation as means to scare off intruders and protect the beastmen.
  • (undecided) The Bogeymen are either a tribe of sub-humans from the East Lands, or they were once human children deemed too weak to serve Hellstirke's army and thus they were corrupted and mutated into soldiers by demon magic.
  • Beings resembling sub-humans and orcs may reside in the North and East Lands.
  • Dora and centaurs may not be included. Or if I do decide to include centaurs, she won't be able to transform her legs. (Pick a lane, Dora! Bad enough centaurs have confusing anatomy.)
  • (Undecided) I've yet decide if The Duel characters will be present in the game. Fyrwüd Kingdom will have a new established monarchy after Tyris Flair reclaimed her fathers throne.
  • (Spoilers) [As you collect Golden Edge Weapon a mysteirous benefactor guides you throughout your journey. He is later revealed to be Dark Guld, a sort of spirit that manifested in the golden axe after years of wicked use. He claims the axe rightfully belongs to them.]
Lore
  • The last game ends with the destruction of the Golden Axe. Its nine shards were taken across Yuria where they were melted down and forged into new weapons and artefacts. These weapons were called the Golden Edge Weapons.
    • Sword, standard default weapon. Other than being invulnerable, can serve as a "key" doors sealed by golden magic.
    • Hammer, slow attack, powerful damage. Can be used to break objects and surfaces with yellow cracks.
    • Tiger Claws, quick attack, less damage. Can be used to climb walls Knuckles the Echidna-style.
    • Sun Rod, a scepter that generates fire, light and shoots fireballs.
    • Chakram, a sharp ring that can be thrown like a boomerang TRON-style for range attacks and targets.
    • (unknown/pending)
    • (unknown/pending)
    • (unknown/pending)
    • Coin- Was lost to the other world and was mistaken for a Sega World token.
  • You get to learn about Yuria's backstory through murials that require a number of potions to activate.
  • Like in Beast Rider, scrolls can be found throughout Yuria that can provide context to the game.

Thanks. It's a big project in mind I know, but I want to at least make "something" before I kick the bucket.

Nice, that's so detailed and elaborated. And I do love both Conan and Fire & Ice.

One thing I may add about Tarik (of course you don't have to follow this, it's your game after all, you can modify the story the way you like) :
I think Ax Battler was the title given by the king of Firewood Castle after the first time Tarik defeats Death Adder in Game Gear version.
Death Adder steals the Golden Axe from its hiding place in Firewood Castle and the king summoned Tarik to defeat him and he succeded. He was called Ax Battler since then.
Tarik's mother was still alive this time so when Death Adder ressurected again in a more far away place and then Tyris first asked him to accompany her to defeat Death Adder, he simply refuses since he didn't want to leave his mother for a long time.
Unfortunately Death Adder held a grudge against Tarik and summoned his forces to destroy Tarik's village in which his mother became one of the victims.
That's why then Tarik joins Tyris and Gillius, to avenge his mother.

About Death Adders'son, he showed up in SEGA Heroes but sadly I can't remember any of his dialouge or story.

His father's dialogue with Cream really overshadowed his presence.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #311 on: June 08, 2023, 11:05:16 pm »

Nice, that's so detailed and elaborated. And I do love both Conan and Fire & Ice.

One thing I may add about Tarik (of course you don't have to follow this, it's your game after all, you can modify the story the way you like) :
I think Ax Battler was the title given by the king of Firewood Castle after the first time Tarik defeats Death Adder in Game Gear version.
Death Adder steals the Golden Axe from its hiding place in Firewood Castle and the king summoned Tarik to defeat him and he succeded. He was called Ax Battler since then.
Tarik's mother was still alive this time so when Death Adder ressurected again in a more far away place and then Tyris first asked him to accompany her to defeat Death Adder, he simply refuses since he didn't want to leave his mother for a long time.
Unfortunately Death Adder held a grudge against Tarik and summoned his forces to destroy Tarik's village in which his mother became one of the victims.
That's why then Tarik joins Tyris and Gillius, to avenge his mother.

About Death Adders'son, he showed up in SEGA Heroes but sadly I can't remember any of his dialouge or story.

His father's dialogue with Cream really overshadowed his presence.

I might work around that. I'm uncertain f AB:ALoGA is canon

This is the story I have so far in mind for my Golden Axe fan game as well as GoldEdge.

Golden Axe
Epilogue

The story starts with Death Adder invading Fyrwüd Kingdom. He knows the Golden Axe is stored somewhere beneath the castle. Gillius Thunderhead, a dwarf tasked with guarding the Golden Axe, overheard the commotion and knew alone could not take on Death Adder. With the king and queen murdered, he smuggles the baby princess from the castle and takes her to the amazons to take in, train and protect.

Call to Adventure
What was once a mighty castle was now just ruins reclaimed by forest. Fyrwüd is mostly woodland now.
(I only got the whole "Firewood" thing yesterday with the woodland, but my point still stands over naming a kingdom after kindling.)
Tarik lived in one of the few villages in Old Fyrwüd Kingdom... until the day Death Adders soldiers attacked and raided his village... for no reason.

I mean, in Conan (1982) it seems Thulsa Doom was pillaging women and children for slaves. Thulsa himself killed Conan's parents and robbed his childhood of freedom. In Conan (2011) the warlord Khalar Zym was after a macguffin that was kept under Conan's fathers' smithy.
In Golden Axe, at the start of the game, Death Adder had the Golden Axe for years. Either Death Adder was conquering Southwood Kingdom at the time, or he already claimed the throne and was waiting for them to show up. Death Adder already conquered Firewood for his own and sure he probably doesn't care if his mercenaries or soldiers raid villages now and again, but I imagine most of his forces would be in Southwood. So it doesn't really make much sense why Death Adder's forces raided Tarik's village... unless The Legend of Ax Battler is indeed canon and out of revenge, but again why wait around twenty years after claiming the Golden Axe and only after conquering Southwood? Not like he needs two kingdoms to take on a village.
Plus, while I wouldn't oppose the idea of Death Adder capable of cheating death, given this fan remake will introduce everyone, I'd rather establish Death Adder as a mortal than a being like Ganon who always comes back by the next game.

In my fan-take on it, I might change it that Death Adder invaded Fyrwüd because he knew the legendary Golden Axe was somewhere in Fyrwüd, he just did not know where. He threatened the royals and when they refused to tell him, he murdered them. The only one who knew where the axe was Gilius who escaped with the baby princess.
Given the Golden Axe was not located in the castle he spends the next fifteen to twenty or so years combing the kingdom for it, he discovers the Golden Axe is hidden somewhere under Tarik's village (so again, similar to Conan 2011 remake where the macguffin was there all along) thus would explain why Tarik's village is attacked and mother killed.

At the time of the raid on the village, the Amazonian warrior Tyris Flare and her dwarf ward Gilius Thunderhead show up to help protect the town the three of them fought off the raiders, but it was in vain. Tarik is welcomed to join the two on their quest to defeat Death Adder.

Initiation & Supreme Ordeal
In order to pursuit. Death Adder, the heroes must pass through strongholds of Death Adder's forces, what locals call "Fiend's Passes". They encounter the Bad Brothers, a pair of half-giants and Lieutenant Bitter, Bitter maybe a reoccurring rival. Throughout the adventure, Tyris and Tarik learn more on one another given they both lost their parents, though Tyris confess that she only found out she was a princess not long after meeting Gilius.

Unification
The heroes make it to Southwood Kingdom, where they confront Death Adder. In a climactic battle, the Golden Axe was destroyed. One of the shards impaling Death Adder.
Or
They killed Death Adder and rescue the king and princess of Southwood. But when they were distracted, Death Adder Jr. (who I might reveal to be Bitter), he takes the Golden Axe for himself and claims his father's name. He then uses magic to return to Fyrwüd, using the power of the Golden Axe to turn the ruins of the old castle into a stronghold. The heroes must return to face him and in the final battle, the Golden Axe is shattered, which kills Death Adder Jr.

Road Back
(Usually the game ends right after the villains defeat, but this part of the story may serve as the epilogue for GoldEdge.)
The heroes look over the broken pieces of the Golden Axe, its fragments still glowing with its divine power. The question of whenever the axe can be used for good as its intended purpose, or if it risks such a powerful weapon falling into the wrong hands. Tyris Flare restores the Kingdom of Fyrwüd while Gilias and Tarik decides the fragments should be hidden across Yuria.

The fragments were eventually melted down and made into weapons, weapons that possess a portion of the axe divine power. These weapons were given to trusted holders or hidden to further protect them.

GoldEdge
Epilogue
With the power of the Golden Axe divided and weakened, the power that kept the giants sealed deep underneath Yuria evnetually broke. The giants return to the surface, lead by two brothers. One brother, Proud Cragger, seeks to reintegrate giants back to Yuria and find acceptance with the humans, while his brother believe Yuria should be conquered in revenge for their damnation. Taking up the name Damned Hellstrike, he imprisoned his brother back beneath Yuria and begins his conquest.

Call to Adventure
Early-21
st century Earth. A group of teens breaks into an abandoned SegaWorld amusement park. In exploring, one of them (a customizable character that the player will be throughout the game) finds an original Golden Axe arcade machine. To their surprise, not only is the machine plugged in and powered despite no electricity in the facility, but a golden token was left on the dashboard. Their curiosity in putting the gaming token into the machine and playing it opens a portal where they are transported to Yuria.

They awaken in a dungeon. Finding a sword made of gold and steel, they use the weapon to fend off monsters. Not long afterwards they meet either  Kain Grinder/Sternblade or Sara Burn where they learn about their whereabouts and of the Golden Edge Sword. Through more adventuring, they eventually meet Goah and Gillius. They learn more about the Golden Edge Weapons and how collecting all the weapons may reforge the Golden Axe, which they can use to defeat Damned Hellstrike

And that's all I have planned so far in the story. It needs a bit more work, but given it's a video game, best to keep it open and allow players to forge their own stories.
As for Death Adder's return, I haven't decided. He might die with a fragment of the Golden Axe lodged into his chest which may bestow him some resurrection, but for GoldEdge, Damned Hellstrike will be the main antagonist, with a surprise usurper after him that isn't Death Adder.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 02:12:17 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #312 on: June 11, 2023, 10:43:18 am »
I might work around that. I'm uncertain f AB:ALoGA is canon

This is the story I have so far in mind for my Golden Axe fan game as well as GoldEdge.

Golden Axe
Epilogue

The story starts with Death Adder invading Fyrwüd Kingdom. He knows the Golden Axe is stored somewhere beneath the castle. Gillius Thunderhead, a dwarf tasked with guarding the Golden Axe, overheard the commotion and knew alone could not take on Death Adder. With the king and queen murdered, he smuggles the baby princess from the castle and takes her to the amazons to take in, train and protect.

Call to Adventure
What was once a mighty castle was now just ruins reclaimed by forest. Fyrwüd is mostly woodland now.
(I only got the whole "Firewood" thing yesterday with the woodland, but my point still stands over naming a kingdom after kindling.)
Tarik lived in one of the few villages in Old Fyrwüd Kingdom... until the day Death Adders soldiers attacked and raided his village... for no reason.

I mean, in Conan (1982) it seems Thulsa Doom was pillaging women and children for slaves. Thulsa himself killed Conan's parents and robbed his childhood of freedom. In Conan (2011) the warlord Khalar Zym was after a macguffin that was kept under Conan's fathers' smithy.
In Golden Axe, at the start of the game, Death Adder had the Golden Axe for years. Either Death Adder was conquering Southwood Kingdom at the time, or he already claimed the throne and was waiting for them to show up. Death Adder already conquered Firewood for his own and sure he probably doesn't care if his mercenaries or soldiers raid villages now and again, but I imagine most of his forces would be in Southwood. So it doesn't really make much sense why Death Adder's forces raided Tarik's village... unless The Legend of Ax Battler is indeed canon and out of revenge, but again why wait around twenty years after claiming the Golden Axe and only after conquering Southwood? Not like he needs two kingdoms to take on a village.
Plus, while I wouldn't oppose the idea of Death Adder capable of cheating death, given this fan remake will introduce everyone, I'd rather establish Death Adder as a mortal than a being like Ganon who always comes back by the next game.

In my fan-take on it, I might change it that Death Adder invaded Fyrwüd because he knew the legendary Golden Axe was somewhere in Fyrwüd, he just did not know where. He threatened the royals and when they refused to tell him, he murdered them. The only one who knew where the axe was Gilius who escaped with the baby princess.
Given the Golden Axe was not located in the castle he spends the next fifteen to twenty or so years combing the kingdom for it, he discovers the Golden Axe is hidden somewhere under Tarik's village (so again, similar to Conan 2011 remake where the macguffin was there all along) thus would explain why Tarik's village is attacked and mother killed.

At the time of the raid on the village, the Amazonian warrior Tyris Flare and her dwarf ward Gilius Thunderhead show up to help protect the town the three of them fought off the raiders, but it was in vain. Tarik is welcomed to join the two on their quest to defeat Death Adder.

In order to pursuit. Death Adder, the heroes must pass through strongholds of Death Adder's forces, what locals call "Fiend's Passes". They encounter the Bad Brothers, a pair of half-giants and Lieutenant Bitter, Bitter maybe a reoccurring rival. Throughout the adventure, Tyris and Tarik learn more on one another given they both lost their parents, though Tyris confess that she only found out she was a princess not long after meeting Gilius.

Unification
The heroes make it to Southwood Kingdom, where they confront Death Adder. In a climactic battle, the Golden Axe was destroyed. One of the shards impaling Death Adder.
Or
They killed Death Adder and rescue the king and princess of Southwood. But when they were distracted, Death Adder Jr. (who I might reveal to be Bitter), he takes the Golden Axe for himself and claims his father's name. He then uses magic to return to Fyrwüd, using the power of the Golden Axe to turn the ruins of the old castle into a stronghold. The heroes must return to face him and in the final battle, the Golden Axe is shattered, which kills Death Adder Jr.

Road Back
(Usually the game ends right after the villains defeat, but this part of the story may serve as the epilogue for GoldEdge.)
The heroes look over the broken pieces of the Golden Axe, its fragments still glowing with its divine power. The question of whenever the axe can be used for good as its intended purpose, or if it risks such a powerful weapon falling into the wrong hands. Tyris Flare restores the Kingdom of Fyrwüd while Gilias and Tarik decides the fragments should be hidden across Yuria.

The fragments were eventually melted down and made into weapons, weapons that possess a portion of the axe divine power. These weapons were given to trusted holders or hidden to further protect them.

GoldEdge
Epilogue
With the power of the Golden Axe divided and weakened, the power that kept the giants sealed deep underneath Yuria evnetually broke. The giants return to the surface, lead by two brothers. One brother, Proud Cragger, seeks to reintegrate giants back to Yuria and find acceptance with the humans, while his brother believe Yuria should be conquered in revenge for their damnation. Taking up the name Damned Hellstrike, he imprisoned his brother back beneath Yuria and begins his conquest.

Call to Adventure
Early-21
st century Earth. A group of teens breaks into an abandoned SegaWorld amusement park. In exploring, one of them (a customizable character that the player will be throughout the game) finds an original Golden Axe arcade machine. To their surprise, not only is the machine plugged in and powered despite no electricity in the facility, but a golden token was left on the dashboard. Their curiosity in putting the gaming token into the machine and playing it opens a portal where they are transported to Yuria.

They awaken in a dungeon. Finding a sword made of gold and steel, they use the weapon to fend off monsters. Not long afterwards they meet either  Kain Grinder/Sternblade or Sara Burn where they learn about their whereabouts and of the Golden Edge Sword. Through more adventuring, they eventually meet Goah and Gillius. They learn more about the Golden Edge Weapons and how collecting all the weapons may reforge the Golden Axe, which they can use to defeat Damned Hellstrike

And that's all I have planned so far in the story. It needs a bit more work, but given it's a video game, best to keep it open and allow players to forge their own stories.
As for Death Adder's return, I haven't decided. He might die with a fragment of the Golden Axe lodged into his chest which may bestow him some resurrection, but for GoldEdge, Damned Hellstrike will be the main antagonist, with a surprise usurper after him that isn't Death Adder.

Okay, finally read them.
I love the connection to the Damned Hellstrike in the end.
Man, these are well written but I wonder how you put these all in the game later.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #313 on: June 11, 2023, 12:56:23 pm »
Okay, finally read them.
I love the connection to the Damned Hellstrike in the end.
Man, these are well written but I wonder how you put these all in the game later.

My fan-project of Golden Axe and GoldEdge are separate games but same continuity, so if I can't fit it in one game, I can perhaps fit it in the other.

Golden Axe will consist of a series of stages/levels, each stage telling a bit of the story via cutscenes and events. The game will call these stages "Fiends Passes".

GoldEdge will carry over some gameplay elements, but it will be open-world and have more RPG elements.

The Land of Yuria can be divided by four kingdoms, with a vast ocean dividing the kingdoms in twos. Golden Axe takes place between the forest-dense Fyrwüd Kingdom and over the ocean is the tropical Arabian kingdom of Southwood (Where the "Royal Castle" is located).

In GoldEdge, all of Yuria as I envision it becomes available as you must find the nine Golden Edge weapons. Neighbouring the Southwood Kingdom is the East Lands which is more desolate with jungles, canyons and volcanos. While there are some towns and villages in the East Lands, it's also where sub-humans live (though may replace them with bogeymen). The jungle is also home of the Amazons, a tribe of warrior women that raised Tyris Flare.
North of Fyrwüd is the plains and tundras that lead towards the mountains of snow and ice. Here the dwarves live within the mountain, while further north is Crystal Haven, the "Diamond of Yuria" and home of the elves.

As for where Yuria was located on Earth, I do not know. But Yuria's four main climate regions are deciduous forest (west), Arabian (south), volcanic desert canyon (east) and icecap mountains (north). However, I want it to be on Earth, given I've yet to decide if the Amazons are located in the jungles of Yuria or not. But Neff the Fleshweaver would definitely be a Greek.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #314 on: June 15, 2023, 07:10:46 pm »
Meh, I'm already running out of steam for making this model... though the hot weather we been having isn't helping.
I was to get far as making the "Duel Mode" first but meh.