Author Topic: SEGA Mobile Games - Something To Do With Your Hands That Won't Make You Go Blind  (Read 275664 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Sonic Speed Simulator - RB Battles!

WEEKEND UPDATE

◉ New RB Battles Obby!
◉ Secret New Character Skin Card!

COMMUNITY REWARD👍
👍 1.25MM LIKES REWARD -> MYSTERY REWARD!
👍 NEW LIKE CODE - Bloxian Chao = "thumbsup"
👍 NEW LIKE CODE - Gratitude Chao = "thankyouchao"

Play here : https://www.roblox.com/games/9049840490/RB-BATTLES-Sonic-Speed-Simulator

Offline Berto

I dunno, I imagine for New Year they'll probably have a ball drop celebration. Perhaps it will be hosted in Green Hill or maybe the Premier area will be repurposed for it. After all Roblox is more for young people and New Years parties are often celebrated by adults while the kids have to stay at home.

And they'll likely fit in some fetch quest such as collect 750000 time stone shards or something to "save 2023" etc to unlock Sonic in a party hat.

Yeah,kids usually are already asleep when the year is changing so I guess new year isn't interesting enough for kidscompared to Christmas or Halloween.

I have a feeling Sonic Speed Simulator won't be doing a major Christmas event this year like they did with Pumpkin Hill.

They're now doing this thing called an "RB Battle" thing where you have to climb this synthwave-themed tower while finding switches along the way.

If there will be a Christmas event, I have a feeling it'll just be a fetch/grind quest than anything on Halloween events level.

I don't even know what RB stands for.

It's a pity because I do like the design of this tower obby. I believe it could of made for a great Icecap obby under the theme of climbing a mountain or the very least an obby for any of the other worlds.
I find finding these switches a hassle though. I would of gone with it being like a regular time trial where you have to find check points to progress.

May be they'll start the Christmas event at December 25? Since they probably had no plan for new year, they decided to extend the Christmas event until new year?

RB means Roblox Event.
RB Battles is a seasonal event held by Roblox where we fight in different experiences for Robux and get free accessories by completing challenges in different experiences.
It is coming to Sonic Speed Simulator on Roblox because ... well... probably Roblox asked them to or may be it's really a tradition to have.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 01:01:08 pm by Berto »

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Yeah,kids usually are already asleep when the year is changing so I guess new year isn't interesting enough for kidscompared to Christmas or Halloween.

May be they'll start the Christmas event at December 25? Since they probably had no plan for new year, they decided to extend the Christmas event until new year?

RB means Roblox Event.
RB Battles is a seasonal event held by Roblox where we fight in different experiences for Robux and get free accessories by completing challenges in different experiences.
It is coming to Sonic Speed Simulator on Roblox because ... well... probably Roblox asked them to or may be it's really a tradition to have.
I see. I did the event (took me a bit over ten minutes to find all the switches, not including every time I fell and had to start over) but I dunno if I got anything from it.

Since when did Roblox give out Robux for free?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xpd6g3CFH8

Offline Berto

I see. I did the event (took me a bit over ten minutes to find all the switches, not including every time I fell and had to start over) but I dunno if I got anything from it.

Since when did Roblox give out Robux for free?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xpd6g3CFH8

It's not much (as little as primogems that Genshin Impact gave to fans after winning TGA) but sometimes they did.
My son got them once during some event (I don't know what event and what Roblox game it was but it's a game about trains).
Not everybody who played got them tough so I guess it's a selected few.

Offline Mystic Monkey

It's not much (as little as primogems that Genshin Impact gave to fans after winning TGA) but sometimes they did.
My son got them once during some event (I don't know what event and what Roblox game it was but it's a game about trains).
Not everybody who played got them tough so I guess it's a selected few.
The only way I know how to get free Robux is to make your own Roblox experience and get players to cough up their Robux for you. I dunno if Roblox developers themselves get a cut of the profit though.

Offline Berto

The only way I know how to get free Robux is to make your own Roblox experience and get players to cough up their Robux for you. I dunno if Roblox developers themselves get a cut of the profit though.

I believe they got some portion of it since it could motivate them to polish their game.

Offline Berto

Roblox Battles Championship Season 3 - Kreek vs Ominous Nebula - Sonic Speed Simulator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjieMVdY5Hw

Welcome to the third ever Roblox Battles Championship where your favorite Roblox YouTubers battle it out for

an epic RB Battles trophy, special limited item, and a 2,000,000 robux prize!
In this video, Kreek and Ominous Nebula battle it out in Sonic Speed Simulator!

Play the RB Battles Game and Check your Badges : https://www.roblox.com/games/5036207802/EVENT-RB-Battles

Offline Berto

Sonic Dash - Tails Nine Gameplay Showcase (MAX Level)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFiTcxalgL0

Offline Berto

"Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei Liberation" - New Battle Event "Devil Union Attack" Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P5fQdYythE

Offline Mystic Monkey

I believe they got some portion of it since it could motivate them to polish their game.
I should consider making a Roblox game. But the character creator on Sonic Pulse RP is pretty spot on. And I've yet to play a Sonic Roblox game with gameplay, physics and momentum that match Sonic Speed Simulator. Those closest I can find would be Pyrite Adventure 2 though PA2 doesn't do loop-de-loops or wall runs like SSS can.

Offline Berto

I should consider making a Roblox game. But the character creator on Sonic Pulse RP is pretty spot on. And I've yet to play a Sonic Roblox game with gameplay, physics and momentum that match Sonic Speed Simulator. Those closest I can find would be Pyrite Adventure 2 though PA2 doesn't do loop-de-loops or wall runs like SSS can.

Sonic Pulse RP is kinda enjoyable. I haven't tried Pyrite Adventure 2, still kinda curious with the title.
Pyrite? What's that referring to?

Offline Mystic Monkey

Sonic Pulse RP is kinda enjoyable. I haven't tried Pyrite Adventure 2, still kinda curious with the title.
Pyrite? What's that referring to?
A pyrite is a metallic mineral, more commonly known as fools gold. So kinda confusing to name the seven jewels after them.

Pyrite Adventure 2 is a parody of Sonic Adventure of sorts. It is its own story with locations loosely based on Adventure Fields and Action Stages from Sonic Adventure, going as far as ripping the textures from the game. It's basically a series of obbies but you play through them with a story.

The prequel Pyrite Adventure is pretty much a series of obbies based on Sonic '06. While it still has a story, not as fleshed out as the sequel.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 10:06:38 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Mystic Monkey

Also. The Sonic Speed Simulator Christmas event is up.

Sonic Speed Simulator - Gotta Snow Fast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ftdu8yrKOw

To my disappointment, it's nothing more than a mid-event. It's not as elaborate as October's Halloween event, there's no new winter wonderland world for a "limited time only" like what October had with Pumpkin Hill, it didn't even bother making Green Hill into "White Hill".
The distribution of the gingerbread cookies are actually less than past events meaning it would be more of a slog to collect them, unless you have the right chao for higher collection-count which did make it more easier for me. Not only that but the gingerbread cookies are small and have a green aura which makes them difficult to see amongst the green grass.

The only additional effort they put into this event is they recycled Halloween candy and Amy's BOOtique into Candy Canes and Tails' Winter Workshop.

It works pretty much the same as before. Doing objectives, winning races and candy canes every hour or so will allow you to save up to buy these treats.

I still find this whole thing disappointing though. I mean, I get it. Sonic Prime was released early this December so Sonic Team perhaps told Gamefam to promote it.

Then we had RB Battle which I found somewhat a waste of Christmastime. Yet despite my detest for this event I can't disregard the effort put into Synth City Tower. It's a well designed obby and I like it a lot, just I don't get why bother with RB Battle at all.

But you know what disappointed me the most of this Christmas event?
It's not the fact Gamefam waited until the day before Christmas Eve to do it.
It's not that they didn't make a temporary new world or obby for Christmas.
It's not that they didn't bother to decorate Green Hill like they did for Halloween during the Boo Bash event.
What pisses me off the most is that they have a winter-themed world called Snow Valley but they decided to make this event Green Hill exclusive. They didn't touch Snow Valley at all. They have a literal winter wonderland area where these events will be ideal... and they just don't do anything with it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilcRS5eUpwk

They could of had the Sonic Prime and RB Battle Events happen in Green Hill world and just have Gotta Snow Fast and Tails Winter Workshop happen at the same time in Snow Valley, that way they could of fitted in both if they wanted. But NOOOO! Gamefam just wasted all of Christmas up until a day before Christmas Eve for just another shitty event.

I dunno why I am mad about this. Heck at one point I figured you were right, they were going to skip Christmas and just have a New Years event. And I would of preferred that over this half-arsed event.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 10:38:39 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

A pyrite is a metallic mineral, more commonly known as fools gold. So kinda confusing to name the seven jewels after them.

Pyrite Adventure 2 is a parody of Sonic Adventure of sorts. It is its own story with locations loosely based on Adventure Fields and Action Stages from Sonic Adventure, going as far as ripping the textures from the game. It's basically a series of obbies but you play through them with a story.

The prequel Pyrite Adventure is pretty much a series of obbies based on Sonic '06. While it still has a story, not as fleshed out as the sequel.

Ah... a parody... That's interesting... I'll check it out later.

Also. The Sonic Speed Simulator Christmas event is up.

Sonic Speed Simulator - Gotta Snow Fast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ftdu8yrKOw

To my disappointment, it's nothing more than a mid-event. It's not as elaborate as October's Halloween event, there's no new winter wonderland world for a "limited time only" like what October had with Pumpkin Hill, it didn't even bother making Green Hill into "White Hill".
The distribution of the gingerbread cookies are actually less than past events meaning it would be more of a slog to collect them, unless you have the right chao for higher collection-count which did make it more easier for me. Not only that but the gingerbread cookies are small and have a green aura which makes them difficult to see amongst the green grass.

The only additional effort they put into this event is they recycled Halloween candy and Amy's BOOtique into Candy Canes and Tails' Winter Workshop.

It works pretty much the same as before. Doing objectives, winning races and candy canes every hour or so will allow you to save up to buy these treats.

I still find this whole thing disappointing though. I mean, I get it. Sonic Prime was released early this December so Sonic Team perhaps told Gamefam to promote it.

Then we had RB Battle which I found somewhat a waste of Christmastime. Yet despite my detest for this event I can't disregard the effort put into Synth City Tower. It's a well designed obby and I like it a lot, just I don't get why bother with RB Battle at all.

But you know what disappointed me the most of this Christmas event?
It's not the fact Gamefam waited until the day before Christmas Eve to do it.
It's not that they didn't make a temporary new world or obby for Christmas.
It's not that they didn't bother to decorate Green Hill like they did for Halloween during the Boo Bash event.
What pisses me off the most is that they have a winter-themed world called Snow Valley but they decided to make this event Green Hill exclusive. They didn't touch Snow Valley at all. They have a literal winter wonderland area where these events will be ideal... and they just don't do anything with it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilcRS5eUpwk

They could of had the Sonic Prime and RB Battle Events happen in Green Hill world and just have Gotta Snow Fast and Tails Winter Workshop happen at the same time in Snow Valley, that way they could of fitted in both if they wanted. But NOOOO! Gamefam just wasted all of Christmas up until a day before Christmas Eve for just another shitty event.

I dunno why I am mad about this. Heck at one point I figured you were right, they were going to skip Christmas and just have a New Years event. And I would of preferred that over this half-arsed event.

Okay, that's really sound ... a lazy event.
It's like the team who's supposed to do the event already went to Holidays vacation already and they just put whatever things they could do in their free time while preparing Prime and Halloween event back then.
My kids also lost interest of it very quick. They're even more excited of waiting for Chrismas suit in Sonic Frontiers ... and of course seeing Sonic in person for the very first time in our hometown.

https://youtube.com/shorts/ANUMAevZkZ8

Offline Mystic Monkey

Ah... a parody... That's interesting... I'll check it out later.
Not a parody, more like a loose adaption with name changes and Roblox OCs. Here are the games:
Pyrite Adventure - based on Sonic '06
Pyrite Adventure 2 - based on Sonic Adventure
Okay, that's really sound ... a lazy event.
It's like the team who's supposed to do the event already went to Holidays vacation already and they just put whatever things they could do in their free time while preparing Prime and Halloween event back then.
My kids also lost interest of it very quick.
To me, October set the bar on what could be expected for holiday seasonal events in Sonic Speed Simulator. While Sonic Prime Premier was an understandable exception, I still figured they would make up for it afterwards with some big festive-themed event. Those expectations died some more when we got RB Battle instead. You said that "RB Battle" is a Roblox-wide event, but I know not all Roblox games cater for it and I wonder if it was worthwhile for Speed Sim to put a major event towards it over Christmas.

But the fact the Christmas event we've all been waiting for is just "collect 150000 gingerbread cookies" and a Candy Cane shop, I just feel so disappointed about this. The reason why I feel especially disappointed is because they didn't use Snow Valley. They could of excused no temporary new winter wonderland world or no snow-covered Green Hill for lack of time and development, which can be somewhat true if the Premier and RB Battle were not a choice for Gamefam to turn down. But they could of saved face by making Snow Valley the world for any Christmas-related events given it's the games winter-theme stage. "IT'S RIGHT THERE!" What's more Christmassy than a White Christmas and... "IT'S F'ing RIGHT THERE!"
Is it really that ridiculous that no one on Gamefam ever proposed Snow Valley for Christmas Event? Not even for "Gotta' Snow Fast"? Or if they did, why was it turned down? It just confounds me immensely. How can they be so sheer lazy for Christmas, but not for Halloween? Are Gamefam prejudice against Christmas over Halloween? I just don't know.

Maybe the issue is that October set the bar on "what could be expected" and not just expected. That maybe Gamefam should of prepared more in advance. I can't remember if I sent them that email saying that's what they should do, to prepare in advance for December. Because it feels like they didn't and just use the cookie-cutter event template they had for another mid-tier event for Halloween to get that Robux in.
They're even more excited of waiting for Chrismas suit in Sonic Frontiers ... and of course seeing Sonic in person for the very first time in our hometown.

https://youtube.com/shorts/ANUMAevZkZ8
I'm happy for you. If your country is one of those far-off, tucked away from the rest of the world sort of countries it's nice your favourate franchises get to visit you adnd that your kids had a fun time with it.
(Also, song source?)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 10:18:03 pm by Mystic Monkey »