Author Topic: BINARY DOMAIN Discussion  (Read 39676 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: BINARY DOMAIN Discussion
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2010, 01:49:01 am »
Half of the internet is blowing up about how 'generic white guy' and cliche they are. All I'm getting at is that there is a double standard where the Western developers can do it with out people making a fuss but if a Japanese company makes a game with a 'generic 30 something white guy' its a massive crime against videogames.

As for Akira, Ryo, Kazuma... Yes they ARE the generic aisen look (at least in videogames) but had a western company made a game with the main character looks like Kauzma I doubt they would get any flack.

But I'm not disagreeing that the most offputting and boring thing about the look of the gvame right now is the cliched, american style characters. Even more so when it comes from Nagoshi.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
Made by SEGA

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2010, 02:52:08 am »
If the trailer started off with something other than cheesy lines and actually showed the 'dramatic human story' and 'advance AI', also some 'teamwork' it would have been accepted better.

The trailer showed the opposite, no teamwork, people fighting and grenades being thrown off almost killing a big black man.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2010, 03:17:22 am »
Pretty much what George said. They could have had the exact same characters, but if they were presented in a different way they wouldn't be percieved as so generic/dull/silly.

It's not really to do with 'East vs West' so much as it's just a crappy trailer. There are plenty of trailers with 'plain looking white guys' yes, but the good ones have some good personality behind the characters or at least some kind of back-story and fleshing out. This trailer didn't even have particularly interesting action in it.

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2010, 06:31:17 am »
I don't know about 'Team Work', I would've been amused at their internal conflicts had the conflicts not been executed so poorly.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: Yakuza team new title!!!
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2010, 11:01:09 am »
Quote from: "Team Andromeda"
Quote from: "ROJM"
Quote from: "Team Andromeda"
Oh I think I knew 'what it was the be Human' quite a long time ago.
Like you knew about Val before Storm? How sad you've become.

Oh give it a rest . Val talk started back in 2006 When it  was then classed as SEGA surprise game,  I'm sure you remember it, you even PM me  on asking  for info on it... where I Seem to remember a person called Goonboy Republic expressing views on the news on a gaming forum Long before SEGA Bits or SEGA nerds  were ever started so please spare the me Storm load of tosh.

And the 'visionary' game was to be made By Ueda-san, sadly put on the back burner to cut costs, Not the 3rd person shooter from Nagoshi about 'what it's like to be Human'

Now I rather talk about the game
No you give it a rest. A) I PM you to say merry crimbo to you(which i fully regret now) and to Sharkey and a few others. That's it.Anything else is fradulant.
B) saying "Sega's got a new game with great graphics" doesn't cut it. Any real good sega japan game could fit that description. Difference with me and any other person who talk about future games is they give you a stronger clue of its identity or name the game which I've done on a few occassions which turns to be correct.
Notgive out flimsy clues that no one will figure if its the game you claim to have predicted. And C) I said this game was a franchise getting a sequel which you vehemently denied which some around here witnessed it. Turned out to be correct didn't I but then anyone who knew about this game beforehand KNEW exactly that the PS3 one was first of a series. Not suprising that you did not. So stop spinning or that change the post tactic to make out you predicted it before a certain memeber here.
Because you not only did not predict it first but you didn't even know what the plans were and that was AFTER the gsame's release. Like i said anyone who knew the game's exisistence beforehand knew what type of project it was.

And finally Yes, I'd like to talk about the game  which you didn't even know about until now. But talking about things on topic is a new thing for you since you like ti derail entire topics to something about you.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2010, 12:00:39 pm »
No you give it a rest. A) I PM you to say merry crimbo to you(which i fully regret now) and to Sharkey and a few others.

The PM's you sent me on  both the Will of the ancients or Gamers republic was nothing to do with Merry Christmas , but asking for info on this BIG game , The PM are still on the servers

I'll not post them  because they're Private Messages. But people can be sure I speaking the GOD's honest truth, some on here were also members of Gamers Republic and remember the threads  

Sega's got a new game with great graphics

The threads of still there , it was clear it was not just any game, Hence no-one else is doing this stuff, which in terms of the Canvas tech and the pencil shading look, no-one was or has .

Difference with me and any other person who talk about future games is they give you a stronger clue of its identity or name the game which I've done on a few occassions which turns to be correct.

One will always need to be vague. the difference is you like to shoot your mouth off and make stuff up . Like how it was Rubbish Yu Suzuki was semi retired at SEGA and not working on 1 game, not 2 games, not 3 games but several games.

Now who was more telling the truth of the matter with regards to Yu Suzuki , who was telling the truth with Nagoshi wonder game, and of that's not enough how said Sonic Team would surprise many with some decent games, and are a team on the Up  a couple of years ago on this board

Now I done with your bullshit and spin and lies . Say what ever you want . I couldn't give a toss anymore. I'm done with you
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2010, 12:41:33 pm »
The PM's you sent me on  both the Will of the ancients or Gamers republic was nothing to do with Merry Christmas , but asking for info on this BIG game , The PM are still on the servers

I did send you a christmas message and i've never PMd you at WOTA. But again it still doesn't change te fact that you said there was no sequel whenit would have been known to anyone who knew about the project in the time you supposedly did. It doesn't compute mate. It doesn't compute because you never knew about the game or about its behind the scenes.

I'll not post them  because they're Private Messages. But people can be sure I speaking the GOD's honest truth, some on here were also members of Gamers Republic and remember the threads  

TA you've never uttered the truth in your life when it comes to things like these. The fact you tried to accuse me of something I never said about a previous debate when another poster said i didn't is one than just more occassions that you don't tell the truth.

Sega's got a new game with great graphics

The threads of still there , it was clear it was not just any game, Hence no-one else is doing this stuff, which in terms of the Canvas tech and the pencil shading look, no-one was or has .

No it wasn't it was just you saying another game is coming. No specifications. Like i said people kniow me on the things i said and at least 80 percent of stuff i say do happen.

Difference with me and any other person who talk about future games is they give you a stronger clue of its identity or name the game which I've done on a few occassions which turns to be correct.

One will always need to be vague. the difference is you like to shoot your mouth off and make stuff up . Like how it was Rubbish Yu Suzuki was semi retired at SEGA and not working on 1 game, not 2 games, not 3 games but several games.

You mean if they want to pass off that they know what they talking about.

He wasn't though was he. And several can mean more than two. I never placed a number. You were the one who said he was doing seven games. So don't make things up.
Now who was more telling the truth of the matter with regards to Yu Suzuki , who was telling the truth with Nagoshi wonder game, and of that's not enough how said Sonic Team would surprise many with some decent games, and are a team on the Up  a couple of years ago on this board
It wasn't you. Who was the one said that VT can never be done on the Wii, or that SAMBA was never coming to the Wii or countless others i forget to mention? You.

Now I done with your bullshit and spin and lies . Say what ever you want . I couldn't give a toss anymore. I'm done with you
Awwww, Polly, wanna cracker? I was done with you ages ago.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2010, 01:18:43 pm »
Keep this short and it really will be the last

I did send you a christmas message and i've never PMd you at WOTA
Sadly the PM I had off 'Goonboy Panzer '  (take it that's  you  :roll: ) onthe Will of the Ancients was after Christmas and asking for info on a BIG game. So you did send me a PM on that site . Relax though... I'll not post PM.
No it wasn't it was just you saying another game is comin
The thread is still there, ok and its long before Sega Nerds or Bits came into being , so cut the Storm rubbish.
And several can mean more than two
I know that's why I said not 1, not 2, not 3 but more .
Now you're really going to sit there and tell the people of this board that 1 Yu Suzuki is still a major Team head inside SEGA and that he's working on over 4 projects for SEGA Japan . Spare me

It wasn't you. Who was the one said that VT can never be done on the Wii, or that SAMBA was never coming to the Wii or countless others i forget to mention

Samba II never did came out, not least on the PSP like the rumours said . VT III did not come out for the wii and its controls did have to be redone for the Wii 2009,  So you can keep the comedy coming. Weren't you the man that said VF 5 would never come to the 360 , that SEGA had totally dropped the PSP , some of us said otherwise.

Oh and you can still hold me to the Crucible  btw. One day the truth will come out of 'The Box'

Now I've got Robots to kill  lol
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2010, 01:22:54 pm »
Pfft, you n00bs, I knew about this game back when it was meant to be a Mega-Drive Launch title.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2010, 02:36:35 pm »
Mademan, stfu!!! I knew this "game" before sg1000 even existed
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 02:48:00 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2010, 02:41:02 pm »
All of your opinions matter not, as I can claim myself to be the Quarter Master who designed Fonz for the arcades - Therefor my superiority over you all is just.

Offline George

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2010, 06:02:46 pm »
OK, this thread is about Binary Domain. Not about who knows everything 3 seconds faster than the next guy.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2010, 12:55:22 pm »
Let's cool down, after the first initial impressions, I start to see more level-headed feedback on that debut trailer.

I want to know all the little details:

-Is the PS3 the lead version?
-The team who is working on this game, which were their previous titles?
-How does this shooter fare compared to Mikami's Vanquish?

Offline George

« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2010, 04:12:54 pm »
Most likely will be a PS3 lead version. Most likely will be using the Yakuza engine, it seems at least. Its by the Yakuza team. Its going to be a squad based shooter, unlike Vanquish. Will have focus on story, AI and online play.

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2010, 03:26:41 pm »
Why would Sega green light a game so similar to Vanquish and so soon?