WiiU
1 (7.1%)
PC
5 (35.7%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: May 12, 2014, 12:04:38 pm

Author Topic: PS4 or Xbox One?  (Read 24457 times)

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
PS4 or Xbox One?
« on: March 26, 2014, 09:39:42 pm »
What is your opinion on which is better, and why? I am trying to decide which one I would rather have. I want the system that has the best graphics and the most RPG games...

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Re: PS4 or Xbox One?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 09:51:56 pm »
PS4 has the best graphics and horse power. As for RPG's... that is also probably going to be PS4, unless Microsoft money hats a ton of JP developers.

Offline Saturn Memories

• Total Meseta: 3
  • In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 09:52:25 pm »
PS4's hardware specs exceed the Xbox One's. Most multiplats are running at lower resolutions on the Xbox so there is a discernible difference. Sony's also going to have more JRPGs just by virtue of being based in Japan. Honestly though, I wouldn't buy either one right now. They're both still pretty expensive, and neither has many games yet. Wait for a price drop.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:54:08 pm by Saturn Memories »
Saturn Memories: A look back upon Sega in the mid-'90s. Featuring Saturn, ST-V, Model 2, and MORE!
Twitter: @SaturnMemories

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 11:47:25 pm »
If you have to between those two: PS4.

But I would go with PC. Why? Last generation I would have supported Sony and I know this is a bit nitpicking but I'm really mad that I can't play my PSN (at least that bros) on my PS4. I got like 40+ PSN games and that is terrible.

Honestly now-a-days I play 95% of my games on PC. Hard to go back to consoles and their limitations.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 12:43:50 am »

But I would go with PC. Why? Last generation I would have supported Sony and I know this is a bit nitpicking but I'm really mad that I can't play my PSN (at least that bros) on my PS4. I got like 40+ PSN games and that is terrible.

Honestly now-a-days I play 95% of my games on PC. Hard to go back to consoles and their limitations.

^^ This. PS4 and XB1, Meh and double meh. As a Sega fan, neither are interesting. WiiU and PC all the way.

Offline Kuronoa

• Segalization
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 09:31:02 am »
PS4 has more potential because Microsoft is going to botch their Japanese market again.
At the moment I would sit it out.  They are both too young and you will just get cross-generation titles.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 09:51:25 am »
Wii U is the true next gen console.

No, but seriously, I'd wait it out. That's what I'm doing. At the moment, I'm leaning towards PS4, but no way to I have the time to play one nor the money set aside.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 10:27:54 am »

PSN PS3 games were still built for the CELL processor, just like retail games. If Sony including backwards compatibility for PS3 games the price of the PS4 would be like $550 right now, because they would of needed to include PS3 hardware in the PS4 box, not to mention the PS4 would be one monster of a box!

It's a choice they made early on to leave out PS3 BC, a smart choice no doubt. XBOX One is the same way, it can't play old XBOX 360 games because they are a different architecture then x86.

but it's not all bad, i know like with Flower, Sony made a PS4 version, and if you already own the PS3 or Vita version you already own the PS4 version. of course that's not all PS3 PSN games, but it shows they aren't trying to rip you off and makes you pay for things you already own again.

Theres a rumor floating around that native local based PS1/PS2 emulated BC is coming in a patch for PS4 in the future:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=105962159&postcount=778

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 12:06:55 pm »
WII U is pretty cool :-X

Offline Kuronoa

• Segalization
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 09:30:26 am »
Wii U will get the best 1st party stuff IMO.  I'll confidently say that.
The problem is, Wii U has a shaky future and lacking retail 3rd party so nobody wants to recommend it.  It'll get great stuff, but like the other two the longer you wait the better.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 09:40:59 am by Kuronoa »

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 09:50:00 am »
If Nintendo ever gets it through their heads that their touchscreen isn't a game-changer, they could stop bundling it with their system and cut $100 off the unit price. That would probably spur some sales.
Saturn Memories: A look back upon Sega in the mid-'90s. Featuring Saturn, ST-V, Model 2, and MORE!
Twitter: @SaturnMemories

Offline Kuronoa

• Segalization
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 10:03:00 am »
Best they can do is make it optional, they are not getting rid of it.  A redesign of the thing for retail purchase.
I wouldn't want them to get rid of the thing, it is like getting rid of the console's personality.  It is a failed attempt, but I respect them more they stick with it.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 01:02:47 pm »
Xbox One.

I'm more than confident that MS will get great Japanese support on this console. Most developers these days are releasing games on multiple platforms, so i'm sure the Xbox One won't lack support in that department. We are getting FFXV and KHIII on Xbox One, it's just a start really.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 01:07:46 pm »
If Nintendo ever gets it through their heads that their touchscreen isn't a game-changer, they could stop bundling it with their system and cut $100 off the unit price. That would probably spur some sales.
They already established it with the ds and 3ds, so the people who have those handhelds already know the value of it. I'd say it's more like an established extra rather than the focus. The wii u gamepad is a traditional controller with a screen. The bad part is that it caused a console with the specs it has to be more expensive than it should have been for a lot of people. I saw the apeal of an extra screen from day one, problem is nintendo hasnt made a lot of things which i hoped true yet. RPG's could benefit a lot for example.

I won't recommend it to everyone, but If you're looking for a specific kind of library that's not catered on the other platforms, then the wii u is a definite reccomendation.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 01:09:45 pm by CrazyT »

Offline Kuronoa

• Segalization
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 01:52:27 pm »
Xbox One.

I'm more than confident that MS will get great Japanese support on this console. Most developers these days are releasing games on multiple platforms, so i'm sure the Xbox One won't lack support in that department. We are getting FFXV and KHIII on Xbox One, it's just a start really.

Companies like Tecmo, Sega and Namco aren't releasing various series on XBOX.  That's something Sony has an edge over.
That said, Microsoft did secure some interesting stuff.  They already got Swery to make a game on One after all.