Author Topic: Isn't time for a 'Dreamcast Channel' at PSN/VC/XBL ?  (Read 2955 times)

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
Isn't time for a 'Dreamcast Channel' at PSN/VC/XBL ?
« on: May 05, 2014, 05:13:05 am »
That Dreamcast Collection released for X360 was really lame.

But there are dozens of DC games that remain exclusive to it (with no re-releases for other consoles).

Sure, some of them are Sega IPs (including Atlus releases for it), but most of them belong different companies

So I ask you:

Don't you guys think it's time for a Dreamcast Channel at the current/next gen consoles online service ?

How could that work ? With online multiplayer options ?

Which Sega games could be available ?

Which non-Sega games could be available ?

(f you want to remember DC's remarkable titles, you can check this link http://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk/2013/11/top200dreamcastgames.html )

Discuss

« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 05:15:39 am by fernandeath »

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
Re: Isn't time for a 'Dreamcast Channel' at PSN/VC/XBL ?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 06:34:45 am »
I think that line up is quite good. Look, the Dreamcast has many great games on it, why not just buy one, already?

Also these products are by other companies, and have nothing to do with SEGA. Like that other game system, a person, simply can't just tell somebody get off their behinds, and sell their rights to SEGA, so a game could be published on another system. Like, lets all be like "Robo-Cho" and fly around and tell them to re-release their game for the current gen, which many people already are not so proud of.

If so, we would have the same problem with "Chrono Trigger" when it was port. So far the game has had two bad ports. One with some added animation sequences, and another with an mystery dungeon, and lame boss battle. Neither of them really captures the games. Their are even fan-makes of the game flying around.

Do I think it would be nice, if a Dreamcast Channel, was out? Well, again, who collects the profits?
Again, what about preservation?

Multiplayer? The only real multiplayer system is called Kalleria, and thanks to anti-privacy bastards, making the internet, into a looney-wives den, what do you think?

Which Sega games could be available? What SEGA has control over. Like take Castlevania X. Hudson and Konami was responsible for that game. So they had problems with porting it, to the Playstation. Like the game source code itself. Thus Symphony of the Night was born.

About non SEGA games? Again, why should we wake the dead? Why rob people of their greatness?
Why should SEGA result to digging for gold, in something that is their pride. Why not just make a new game, in fact that starts a new idea of it's own.

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
Re: Isn't time for a 'Dreamcast Channel' at PSN/VC/XBL ?
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 12:15:45 am »
Hmm, I would like for them to port Outrigger and Zombie Revenge for some multiplayer lobby sessions and co-op. Though not released for the Dreamcast first, I would love to play Dynamite Cop and Asian Dynamite.

Too bad my copy of Outrigger doesn't work, might as well buy a new one at a convention. My cousins and I use to duke it out in that game with the plasma bullets bouncing off walls and all. It was the Dreamcast version of 007 Golden Eye ha ha.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site