Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread  (Read 281299 times)

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
Re: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2014, 01:09:03 pm »
I'm just saying that it's the defense they'll use and I'm not sure what Sega can do to fight this defense, since they chose to release the game.

I think the whole lawsuit's ridiculous, by the way. Any gamer is capable of doing their research before buying a game.

But yeah I mean if this does become a thing, I'm not sure what defense Sega can use. If they chose not to release the game, then that'd be a different thing.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 01:11:55 pm by Ben »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2014, 01:29:00 pm »
This lawsuit sounds more like a case of false advertising than 'the game is rubbish'. It sounds like it's more an accusation that Sega mis-represented what the finished product would be like to customers.

If that gets any traction then Ubisoft better fucking run and hide because look at Watch_Dogs...

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #152 on: August 02, 2014, 04:26:25 am »
Then that is an admission of guilt on their part that they messed up. They're just going to try and take Sega with them. I wonder how many contracts GBX has gotten since ACM came out.... 

Offline Ben

« Reply #153 on: August 02, 2014, 11:25:05 pm »
Then that is an admission of guilt on their part that they messed up. They're just going to try and take Sega with them. I wonder how many contracts GBX has gotten since ACM came out.... 

Probably not many.

Though I also wonder how many movie studios will be trusting Sega with their properties going forward....

Offline ROJM

« Reply #154 on: August 03, 2014, 05:48:38 am »
Movie studios care about the money not the quality or ACM wouldn't get as far as it did. Its the bottom line that counts..and considering Sega keeps making games based on Disney they're not really in any real trouble in that regard...

Offline Ben

« Reply #155 on: August 03, 2014, 09:10:37 pm »
Movie studios care about the money not the quality or ACM wouldn't get as far as it did. Its the bottom line that counts..and considering Sega keeps making games based on Disney they're not really in any real trouble in that regard...

Well, judging by Gearbox's comments, Colonial Marines wasn't particularly successful sales-wise; at least, not successful enough for them to get paid for it.

Making good games does help. Maybe not always (unfortunately) but word of mouth is very important for a game's longevity sales-wise.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 09:14:19 pm by Ben »

Offline ROJM

« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2014, 04:04:04 am »
Well, judging by Gearbox's comments, Colonial Marines wasn't particularly successful sales-wise; at least, not successful enough for them to get paid for it.

Making good games does help. Maybe not always (unfortunately) but word of mouth is very important for a game's longevity sales-wise.

They're talking rubbish. They lost their reputation and they're just trying to  save face by making out Sega is more crooked than they are.
Word of mouth didn't kill off ACM either since it was still making strong sales a month after its release.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #157 on: August 04, 2014, 11:16:49 am »
I get the impression that Randy Pitchford is the kind of guy who thinks he's smarter than everyone else. Not only because of this debacle, but also the way Gearbox almost hired an artist to do Borderlands posters, but then suddenly stopped communicating with him and a few months later, released their own posters in a complete ripoff of the guy's style. All of this sneaky bs just begins to paint a picture of Pitchford's lack of ethics.

Big tactical mistake by Gearbox to try and sling mud at Sega, but just the latest in a series of mistakes. Gearbox  decides to crap all over one of the most beloved sci-fi properties. Then they decide to try and crap all over Sega, who although they have been maligned at times, is still one of the world's most beloved developers and publishers. Gearbox has one successful IP of good quality, Borderlands, and otherwise has a track record of crud. I think Pitchford thought he could screw over Sega and get away with it because he overestimated his own cleverness on the basis of one hit. Thinking he was bigger than two industry legends in film and games.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #158 on: August 04, 2014, 11:38:41 am »
I get the impression that Randy Pitchford is the kind of guy who thinks he's smarter than everyone else. Not only because of this debacle, but also the way Gearbox almost hired an artist to do Borderlands posters, but then suddenly stopped communicating with him and a few months later, released their own posters in a complete ripoff of the guy's style. All of this sneaky bs just begins to paint a picture of Pitchford's lack of ethics.

Big tactical mistake by Gearbox to try and sling mud at Sega, but just the latest in a series of mistakes. Gearbox  decides to crap all over one of the most beloved sci-fi properties. Then they decide to try and crap all over Sega, who although they have been maligned at times, is still one of the world's most beloved developers and publishers. Gearbox has one successful IP of good quality, Borderlands, and otherwise has a track record of crud. I think Pitchford thought he could screw over Sega and get away with it because he overestimated his own cleverness on the basis of one hit. Thinking he was bigger than two industry legends in film and games.
Exactly. Well said, mate.
Although i defend Sega on this over GBX i'm not saying they were totally blameless either but considering what they did to try to save the title they are the good guys here. But in this world of were gonna blame you ruin your reputation and make you pay for it, its best not to.GBX took full advantage of Sega and their culture of work..they had at that time a reputation where they were more trusted..lets not forget thanks to this game Obsidian's far superior ALIENS REQUIM RPG was canned. Thanks to this title a lot of intresting projects for the west was also mass canned..Hayes lost his job over it, Sega technology group and Hardlight lost their projects..OVERKILL 2 didn't happen..even BAYONETTA 2 got screwed over because let's not forget..the reason Sega signed PG in the first place was to make a dent in the west market except it worked the other way round and were bigger sellers in japan..even sega studios australia got shut down. Segasammy got cold feet...not getting the results they wanted even though it was growing console wise and the market and R+D was too much for them at the time that they just pulled the plug. Even BD suffered because of marketing though i concede other issues was efective for that as well. Whether people want to believe it or not GBX and their crap was the instigator for all this crap and its only because it was a tent pole game and Sega had to make money was it ever released.
So i blame GBX for helping ruin what could have been a sweeter period for Sega if those games had made it out for the 2013/14 to 15 season.

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #159 on: August 04, 2014, 01:44:52 pm »
Exactly. Well said, mate.
Although i defend Sega on this over GBX i'm not saying they were totally blameless either but considering what they did to try to save the title they are the good guys here. But in this world of were gonna blame you ruin your reputation and make you pay for it, its best not to.GBX took full advantage of Sega and their culture of work..they had at that time a reputation where they were more trusted..lets not forget thanks to this game Obsidian's far superior ALIENS REQUIM RPG was canned. Thanks to this title a lot of intresting projects for the west was also mass canned..Hayes lost his job over it, Sega technology group and Hardlight lost their projects..OVERKILL 2 didn't happen..even BAYONETTA 2 got screwed over because let's not forget..the reason Sega signed PG in the first place was to make a dent in the west market except it worked the other way round and were bigger sellers in japan..even sega studios australia got shut down. Segasammy got cold feet...not getting the results they wanted even though it was growing console wise and the market and R+D was too much for them at the time that they just pulled the plug. Even BD suffered because of marketing though i concede other issues was efective for that as well. Whether people want to believe it or not GBX and their crap was the instigator for all this crap and its only because it was a tent pole game and Sega had to make money was it ever released.
So i blame GBX for helping ruin what could have been a sweeter period for Sega if those games had made it out for the 2013/14 to 15 season.
I agree, it will be a sad memory for SEGA fans not only because of the disappointment that this game was but also because ALL the consecuences that bring with it before and after release...
Anyway...
Here is something that took a smile from my face XD:

http://www.seganerds.com/2014/08/04/a-message-to-sega-fans-from-randy-pitchford/

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #160 on: August 04, 2014, 04:54:43 pm »
You don't need bad parody articles to laugh at Randy Pitchford saying stupid stuff, he already does that on his Twitter account.

Offline Ben

« Reply #161 on: August 04, 2014, 05:02:32 pm »
Word of mouth didn't kill off ACM either since it was still making strong sales a month after its release.

In the UK. Not much anywhere else.

Thanks to this title a lot of intresting projects for the west was also mass canned..Hayes lost his job over it, Sega technology group and Hardlight lost their projects..OVERKILL 2 didn't happen..even BAYONETTA 2 got screwed over because let's not forget..the reason Sega signed PG in the first place was to make a dent in the west market except it worked the other way round and were bigger sellers in japan..even sega studios australia got shut down. Segasammy got cold feet...not getting the results they wanted even though it was growing console wise and the market and R+D was too much for them at the time that they just pulled the plug. Even BD suffered because of marketing though i concede other issues was efective for that as well. Whether people want to believe it or not GBX and their crap was the instigator for all this crap and its only because it was a tent pole game and Sega had to make money was it ever released.

Eh to blame all of Sega's bad decisions and financial woes over the years on Aliens: Colonial Marines is definitely taking it too far, dude.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #162 on: August 05, 2014, 04:23:49 am »

Eh to blame all of Sega's bad decisions and financial woes over the years on
Aliens: Colonial Marines is definitely taking it too far, dude.

Not really because...ALIENS was the instigator. Let's just say that paying for high cost development in a harsh market enviroment and getting little results with what was happening with ALIENS was the final straw for the big wigs. Its not taking it too far its what kind of happened.

In the UK. Not much anywhere else.

In the USA as well. Stop thinking that every one who brought ALIENS were gamers that knew the ins and outs of people trashing or talking about games. The game was succesful in both markets it was released in. Now stop trying to rewrite history..using an uncredited CEO of a failing and untrustworthy company like GBX to further your hatred and blame towards Sega..you said you were DONE with this point but you keep finding ways to prolong the argument..

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #163 on: August 05, 2014, 03:52:13 pm »

Here is something that took a smile from my face XD:

I'm more of a Willie fan. Really hope that show gets picked up and becomes a full series.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #164 on: August 05, 2014, 04:19:58 pm »
Not really because...ALIENS was the instigator. Let's just say that paying for high cost development in a harsh market enviroment and getting little results with what was happening with ALIENS was the final straw for the big wigs. Its not taking it too far its what kind of happened.

I agree with this, because it was not only the investment in A:CM but the timing of it. The project began right as the economy took a major nosedive. Sega was reasonably expecting to have a game on the shelves in two or three years, but it ended up taking six years in the worst economy since the Great Depression. It's not farfetched to extrapolate that this one botched project had far-reaching effects on other projects.